Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718Next
Current Page: 14 of 18
Re: The Silence About Michael Jackson From Stones Camp is Deafening
Posted by: Roll73 ()
Date: June 30, 2009 00:27

Thanks for posting that State of Shock video. Whatever negative stuff people say about Jackson, he sure was one hell of a dancer.

Posted by: batcave ()
Date: June 30, 2009 00:38

Sylvain Sylvain spoke of Jackson's death at last night's New York Dolls show. They even tossed in a few bars of Beat It....Great show by the way....

Posted by: WMiller ()
Date: June 30, 2009 00:48

mickschix
I think the point is that it is considered polite to extend your condolences to the family when such a major star dies....not like they have to exaggerate their friendship by falsely proclaiming feelings they may not have. A simple statement would be the norm. As far as Michael being a pedophile, that issue is between Michael and his Maker from this point on.

What if they did so privately?

Publicly = Polite
Privately < Polite?

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: June 30, 2009 01:00

Gee, why would the Stones say anything?

Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: June 30, 2009 01:23

mickscarey
why should there be - he was a pedophile

He was proved not guilty

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: June 30, 2009 01:32

Justin
mickschix
The Silence About Michael Jackson From Stones Camp is Deafening

Deafening? Please.

It's not their responsibility to offer statements on artists' deaths. Had someone Stones-related died...maybe we'd get a statement but the members usually respond individually through interviews.

I agree. If someone like Stevie Wonder or Diana Ross had absolutely NOTHING to say about Michael, that would be deafening silence, but the Stones only connection to Jackson is Mick doing that one track with him 25 years ago. I GUESS they were in the studio at the same time, but I'm sure it was very brief.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-06-30 01:42 by tatters.

Posted by: Haristone ()
Date: June 30, 2009 01:48

pgarof
mickscarey

He was proved not guilty

Agree on you Pgarof, but some people consider rumor more important than judgement.

In France, some 35 years or more, was made a very important film called "les risques du métier", starring belgium star singer and actor Jacques Brel, made by André Cayatte, the story of a teacher accused of having tried to rape one of his young students, and this film shows how rumor is more comfortable than truth for most of people, like Sway Stones as an exemple.

Sorry for my english.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: June 30, 2009 01:51

Big Al
mickscarey

Well, so was Bill, then eye rolling smiley

Statutory rape (consensual sex with a minor girlfriend) is completely different.

The weirder part is that she was also his step-grandchild. I think Bill's son married
Mandy's mom..right????

IORR............but I like it!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-06-30 04:13 by sweet neo con.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: June 30, 2009 03:13

That's quite an assumptive position to take. If that's the case, they have a lot of back tracking to do to 'say something' about all the other musicians, solo artists and lip syncing 'singers'.

Date: June 30, 2009 04:23

Most of the time...comments on such things are usually only made when a bandmember is
out in public and a reporter sticks a microphone in their face and asks............

Did they ever issue a statement about George Harrison when he passed?
If they didn't...it's even more unlikely they'd come forward with a statement about MJackson.

There's nothing "deafening" about thier non-statement.

I'd ask how they felt about Billy Mays' death.

Can anyone confirm whether MJackson & MJagger even recorded State Of Shock together
in the same studio at the same time....???? I don't think they were.

It would be funny if they ignored MJackson's passing but then acknowledged Tito's death. winking smiley

Posted by: out of my head ()
Date: June 30, 2009 05:44

Why the hell does the "Stones camp" have to say anything ?? So Mick did a song with Jacko. So what ? Big deal. Stones arent obligated to say or do anything.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: June 30, 2009 06:15

Obviously the silence from or of the Stones not uttering one official or non official word on Whacko has mickschix in a state of shock.

Date: June 30, 2009 06:59

Guess so. Besides, Freddie was the first choice for that song anyway. Mick was second choice. Bet he really loved that.

Posted by: baxlap ()
Date: June 30, 2009 07:28

Issuing press releases for dead former associates is just not something that the Rolling Stones do. I don't recall anything from the Stones camp when, for example, John Lennon or George Harrison died. By the same token, did Paul McCartney issue a press release when his old buddy Phil Spector was convicted?

Who really cares about stupid, usually phony outpourings of grief via press release? Leave it to the Carson Dalys of the world to throw in their w-nker two cents in a press release or news clip when someone famous buys the farm who they once encountered for 15 minutes.

And don't play any stupidarse Michael Jackson songs on the next tour!

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: June 30, 2009 08:42

baxlap
Issuing press releases for dead former associates is just not something that the Rolling Stones do. I don't recall anything from the Stones camp when, for example, John Lennon or George Harrison died. By the same token, did Paul McCartney issue a press release when his old buddy Phil Spector was convicted?

Who really cares about stupid, usually phony outpourings of grief via press release? Leave it to the Carson Dalys of the world to throw in their w-nker two cents in a press release or news clip when someone famous buys the farm who they once encountered for 15 minutes.

And don't play any stupidarse Michael Jackson songs on the next tour!

Well said.

Date: June 30, 2009 08:48

Very well said. and I think it is safe to say that there wont be any Wacko Jacko songs on a subsequent tour by our boys. Just a whole diff musical world that guy was involved in. Stones prob rolling their collective eyes at all the publicity this death is receiving. Thats if they even give a shit.

Posted by: squando ()
Date: June 30, 2009 09:33

"why should there be - he was a pedophile"

And you know this how?

Posted by: Ringo ()
Date: June 30, 2009 09:38

Well, Ronnie's not (completely!) quiet!

[www.vgtv.no]

Re: OT: Michael Jackson has died...RIP
Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: June 30, 2009 15:45

You know, having spent a lot of time this weekend watching the video retrospective on VH1 and listening to all of Michael's albums, I'm left with the firm opinion that he was not guilty at all, even when I was thinking there was something to the second trial. Yes, he was wrong for crawling into bed with kids not his own, and how the hell they knew what his organ looked like, I'll never know (and really aside from being a black man's, can it really be that different than anyone else's here?!?!? I mean we're all pretty much shaped the same). Perhaps the kids walked in on him while he was peeing or getting outta the shower - I don't know. I'll never solve this mystery, but having read back thru all of the cd booklets and looking back at his career - including several things about which I'd forgotten, like the hospitals for suffering children in Africa, and how he was always around suffering kids, be they cancer-stricken or burn victims. Michael loved children in a way this world will never understand, appreciate, or come close to matching. He gave more to them than anyone here or most around the world will ever remember and give him credit for. Any logical person can see he doesn't fit the profile of a pedophile, but rather was a tortured soul trapped in his own fame, trying to recapture, hang on to a youth stripped from him and create a magical world for children (at Neverland) most of whom wouldn't live to see adulthood. I'm not condoning his sleeping in the same bed as these children, but there was an amazing generosity to Michael Jackson from day 1 of his monstrous superstardom that seems to have been completely lost in his final "freak years", and I think it's high time we recognize the other contributions he made to try and make this world a better place, to steal a line from him. What volunteer work have any of us done to help the underprivileged, let alone set up various charities, build hospitals, sit at a dying child's bedside to fulfill that child's dying wish to meet Michael Jackson in person. We as a society helped to drive this man to the state we so viciously mocked him for by casting endless stones at him every time a rumor surfaced, and yes, he did in many ways become a side show for the world; a truly sad thing to watch. If he was on as many prescription drugs as is being leaked, then it's no wonder so many of his actions seem bizarre to us. I was completely appalled to read the article posted on this thread earlier by the journalist who'd spent time inside the camp. All sorts of sordid things are going to come out and be said about Michael, and in the same way I don't believe him to be a pedophile, I also don't believe him to be gay. That's just ludicrous. There's no evidence to support such a ridiculous statement. I'm very happy to have rediscovered my Michael Jackson cds this weekend, not that I was ever unaware of them, but I've not listened to just Michael Jackson in a long time. His music needs no introduction; his impact on the industry is cemented - he is the one and only. There will never be another. Not even Elvis can come close to his level of fame, fortune, entertaining ability, and appeal. What seems to have been lost between the music/legacy and the jump to the child molestation charges and bizarre years/freak, as so many news channels despicably referred to him, is all of his charity work done not only for the planet, but more importantly, for the children of this planet. Michael hated to see a single child suffer in any way. He would always try to do anything he could to ease their pain, and it was not uncommon for him to visit children in the hospital prior to their passing. The man, a superstar unlike any this world has ever seen, or ever will, was equipped with an equally enormous heart to help and care for others, particularly children. Perhaps if we all possessed some of this, we could work together to feed the world; ensure that everyone in the world was clothed and had a place to live; stop all this senseless violence; and live in peace. In the end, I'm left feeling sorry for the life society in many ways forced Michael Jackson into. A tortured soul is the best description for him, and I pray that he's now at ease in heaven, away from all of this chaos. And one day, I look forward to standing next to him and hearing him sing. RIP Michael Jackson.

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: June 30, 2009 15:58

Thank you for your thoughts, VoodooLounge13. I agree in your opinion that he's more of a poor soul than anything else. But I have never and I still do not like at all the obscure role his father plays in this game.

Date: June 30, 2009 16:00

Dead.flowers,
I couldn't agree with you more. I've no respect for that man. A real monster who will now try and capitalize anyway he can. The SofaB.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: June 30, 2009 16:22

Thank you, VL13. It's said that Michael has cut his father out of his will and I hope it's true - the final revenge.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: June 30, 2009 16:39

I was happy to hear last night on CNN that Joe Jackson lives in Vegas and won't be around MJ's children. The scumbag father shows no feelings whatsoever in recent television interviews.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: June 30, 2009 16:55

After reading your posts ,I wanted to add something else.

Obviously ,there are here different perceptions of Jackson -the man-
All of them are respectable .
What surprised me was the media tidal wave his death activate which shows how beloved he was by people everywhere in the world.
We had in France a whole breaking news on TV about the event.

As I said previously ,the man was a genius and I can't help feeling sorry for his talent's waste.
I can't help feeling sorry too by reading the medical report ,he must have a sad end life.
But I don't agree with the business some people make on him since last thursday (t shirt sales,people passing by his place with tourist buses etc ),business is business,OK but they show no respect at all.

The guy was on poor shape and it's sad for him but my best friend just descovered she has a breast cancer at only 32 years old .And ?

Concerning the "rumors" ,I wasn't there but nobody here was , right ?
In my whole life I never gave a @#$%& about rumors or about what people think .
I just find weird that as a father,some don't get goosebumps when thinking of an adult staying in a bed with children .I won't surely not sleep with my friend 's children .

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-06-30 17:10 by SwayStones.

Date: June 30, 2009 16:55

ANybody watch the replay of the Martin Bashir/MJackson interview last night?
There are parts where Michael simply seems like an immature, naive..clueless person that
couldn't hurt a fly................and other parts in which MJackson was downright scary.

And of course it was filled with obvious lies....so his credibility on EVERYTHING was in question.

re; Joe Jackson...yes...scum. I saw some news footage of him commenting on
the gifts & cards left outside the gate........idiot. and of course he is demanding a second autopsy
and saying that the info leaked from the 1st one was wrong. he's insistent that MJ not be
compared to Elvis & his prescription drug addiction etc... and is probably going to payoff the
second autopsy dude to come up with better results.

and what kind of deal with the devil did Carson Daly make? that guy has got the
personality of a slug......... i don't get it. never will.

Date: June 30, 2009 17:01

sweet neo con
ANybody watch the replay of the Martin Bashir/MJackson interview last night?
There are parts where Michael simply seems like an immature, naive..clueless person that
couldn't hurt a fly................and other parts in which MJackson was downright scary.

And of course it was filled with obvious lies....so his credibility on EVERYTHING was in question.

re; Joe Jackson...yes...scum. I saw some news footage of him commenting on
the gifts & cards left outside the gate........idiot. and of course he is demanding a second autopsy
and saying that the info leaked from the 1st one was wrong. he's insistent that MJ not be
compared to Elvis & his prescription drug addiction etc... and is probably going to payoff the
second autopsy dude to come up with better results.

and what kind of deal with the devil did Carson Daly make? that guy has got the
personality of a slug......... i don't get it. never will.

Concerning the Bashir interview, another view surfaced, although may not be anything new - but he thinks he is a woman in actuality??

Date: June 30, 2009 17:06

Chris Fountain

Concerning the Bashir interview, another view surfaced, although may not be anything new - but he thinks he is a woman in actuality??

? did he say this?

Date: June 30, 2009 17:07

SwayStones
After reading your posts ,I wanted to add something else.

Obviously ,there are here different perceptions of Jackson -the man-
All of them are respectable .
What surprised me was the media tidal wave his death activate which shows how beloved he was by people everywhere in the world.
We had in France a whole breaking news on TV about the event.

As I said previously ,the man was a genius and I can't help feeling sorry for his talent's waste.
I can't help feeling sorry too by reading the medical report ,he must have a sad end life.
But I don't agree with the business some people make on him since last thursday (t shirt sales,people passing by his place with tourist buses etc ),business is business,OK but they show no respect at all.

The guy was on poor shape and it's sad for him but my best friend just descovered she has a breast cancer at only 32 years old .And ?

Concerning the "rumors" ,I wasn't there but nobody here was , right ?
In my whole life I never gave a @#$%& about rumors or about what people think .
I just find weird that as a father,some don't get goosebumps when thinking of an adult staying in a bed with children .I won't surely not sleep with my friend children .

Nor would I sleep with my daughter's or son's friends, but then I'd not put my kids in a position where this could occur, which is why all their friends come to our house. I do believe there was a Naivity and innocence to Michael Jackson none of us can really comprehend - was caused by his constantly being surrounded by children? I don't know. I don't really understand or know why he sometimes acted the way he did, and yes it is bizarre behavior, but beyond the strangeness of all that, and shelving his musical legacy, the man also did a world of good, and I've yet to hear any of it mentioned on any special or news report....you get his music/impact/legacy and the "freak". I just find that to be sad and unfair.

Date: June 30, 2009 17:12

Sweet Neo Con - No he didn't say that. I guess his femininity, shopping sprees, cosmetic surgeries, etc... had me thinking about it. Of course, I'm only speculating and it is not really important or even relevant.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: June 30, 2009 17:17

VL13, are you Tito? drinking smiley

Just kiddin', my friend.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718Next
Current Page: 14 of 18

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1896
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10