Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT, Lakers win NBA!!
Posted by: Rollin' Stoner ()
Date: June 15, 2009 20:51

Winning Ugly VXII
r.

Why is there no hatred towards the 11th guy off of the Golden State Warriors bench or Miami Hurricanes bench ? .
because they're ordinary players...Kobe's an elite player, a poster boy for the NBA (along with LeBron James)....give the vultures some time...they'll be tearing away at King James

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: June 15, 2009 22:09

Stay the ef OUT then!

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: June 15, 2009 22:26

what's scary about the animals who riot (did you see the looting and fires last night??) is that it is merely a precursor to what they will do when the earthquake hits - you think this is bad? wait til there are no cops around - they will be killing people for the their sneakers

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: June 15, 2009 22:27

Well their wasn't any rioting in Pittsburgh when the Penguins won the Stanley Cup friday night. Must be an LA thing.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: June 15, 2009 22:31

la has become a scary place in many ways, sorry to say - the gang graffiti on the 405 tells you all you need to know

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: June 15, 2009 22:50

HelterSkelter
Thanks MK, couldn't have said it better....

BTW, a good site for last minute Buenos Aires info is [www.baexpats.com] . Like IORR, it's very active and full of people who know EVERYTHING about the subject at hand. Sounds like a kick ass trip, both places are great IMHO. I need to get a new trip together, been non mobile a bit too long. Anyway, Bon Voyage, Helter

Thank you Helter, and I will check out that link. Hope you get out soon. We know.

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: June 16, 2009 00:13

MKjan
HelterSkelter
mickscarey
Then why not make Europe full time of you HATE the USA so much?

Believe me Dude, if there was a way to move the business I would WALK THERE with all my sh*t on my back (take a garbage freighter over the Atlantic in a thrashed cabin full of big fat rats) and never look back - NEVER EVER even turn my head, leave it ALL to you lad to enjoy fully...

*Cool SCL, no problemo.... smiling smiley

I'm with Helter 100% on this one. Been to 45 countries, am a traveler, never a tourist, love the other cultures, the warmth and sincerity, the sense of community, see the USA as what it is: one huge shopping mall led by both Bruce S and Oprah. It is pathetic. Americans are very uninformed about the rest of the world, and their take is soooo wrong. I am only in the US when I have to be. 5 more days and it's Buenos Aires, then Italy.

So sorry you are stuck in the USA and can't afford to leave.

Maybe you two could get a better deal if you tried to get out and leave together at the same time?

Again, don't be bashful. Ask folks to sponsor you. Americans/USA are the most philanthropic nation in the world.

Hope things work out for you......good luck.........

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-06-16 00:21 by 1cdog.

Date: June 16, 2009 00:53

down your throats naysayers!

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: June 16, 2009 01:19

1cdog
MKjan
HelterSkelter
mickscarey

Believe me Dude, if there was a way to move the business I would WALK THERE with all my sh*t on my back (take a garbage freighter over the Atlantic in a thrashed cabin full of big fat rats) and never look back - NEVER EVER even turn my head, leave it ALL to you lad to enjoy fully...

I'm with Helter 100% on this one. Been to 45 countries, am a traveler, never a tourist, love the other cultures, the warmth and sincerity, the sense of community, see the USA as what it is: one huge shopping mall led by both Bruce S and Oprah. It is pathetic. Americans are very uninformed about the rest of the world, and their take is soooo wrong. I am only in the US when I have to be. 5 more days and it's Buenos Aires, then Italy.

Maybe you two could get a better deal if you tried to get out and leave together at the same time?

Again, don't be bashful. Ask folks to sponsor you. Americans/USA are the most philanthropic nation in the world.

Perfect example of Americans being uninformed. A UN study showed the truth behind the numbers, and Americans give much less of their income than people in other developed countries, and the American govt. gives a much smaller % of its GNP than other developed countries. You oughta get out more.
ps. Ask folks to sponsor us, interesting that you didn't offer, that's the American blah blah blah, and don't hold your breath for healthcare reform.

Date: June 16, 2009 01:38

man i miss Chick Hearn calling the Lakers games......grew up listening to him...the best!......r.i.p. Chick

Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: June 16, 2009 03:09

leteyer
sdstonesguy
Gotta love it...keep the rings coming!

A San Diego guy rooting for a LA team??? Not even the Clippers.

Just lived in SD (now Santa Barbara), but from Berkeley!

Date: June 16, 2009 13:46

MKjan
1cdog
MKjan
HelterSkelter
mickscarey

Perfect example of Americans being uninformed. A UN study showed the truth behind the numbers, and Americans give much less of their income than people in other developed countries, and the American govt. gives a much smaller % of its GNP than other developed countries. You oughta get out more.
ps. Ask folks to sponsor us, interesting that you didn't offer, that's the American blah blah blah, and don't hold your breath for healthcare reform.

Your just showing how narrow minded you are by making blanket statements about an entire nation. I pity where ever you land.

As for getting out more I travel extensively. I just returned from europe and have traveled around europe 6 out of the last 9 years with a couple of trips to Asia/Japan thrown in there. I remember some riots in Paris last summer. I see warning signs for pick pockets all over the landmark areas in Paris such as the Eiffel Tower. That said I do love the french country side especially around the Normandy coast - great people - great climate.

As for the USA let me suggest that YOU get out more and leave the asphalt and concrete and see some rural America.

BTW, set up something legitimate and I'll be the first to contribute toward moving you along. Heck see if BV will set something up on IORR for you.

Posted by: carlitosbaez ()
Date: June 17, 2009 02:49

Peace brothers and sisters....
It´s just sport and fun por Dios!!

Carlitos
Tenerife

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: June 17, 2009 15:43

slew
I am very disappointed that the Lakers won. I have to give them credit though they are good team. Screw Phil Jackson though he aint no Red Auerbach he is a hired mercenary. A fine coach but he did not build a franchise from the ground up and win 8 titles in a row.

Didn't it take him twice as long and 2 different teams to win as many as Auerbach?

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: June 17, 2009 15:46

VoodooLounge13
I, too, am very disappointed that the Lakers won. I can see the pride for Pao, but I can't stand Kobe. Such a fin punk, so typical of the NBA these last 15 years or so. Likewise, I loathe Phil Jackson as well, and agree that he is no Red Auerbach. Wish to God the Celtics had gone further this year. Hopefully they can add some younger talent in the offseason and keep most of their key bench players in the process.

Soon as Garnett was hurt, I gave up all hope for the Celtics. Can't lose one of the league's top defensemen and go deep into the playoffs, although they did do better than I expected.

I wonder if they'll keep Marbury. He had a few flashes of good play, but not sure if that's enough.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: June 17, 2009 16:25

re: rioting in LA & Detroit etc...
as long as people keep skirting around the issue and refuse to identify the trouble-makers....it will never stop.
an unintended consequence of POLITICAL CORRECTNESS.

i was an NBA photog for 20yrs (still do some).....saw lots of stuff...lots of stupidity.

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: June 17, 2009 17:16

NO one gave more than the USA to the AIDS crisis in Africa . get your facts straight!

Talk about "giving", NO ONE comes close to Americans when it comes to tipping.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: June 17, 2009 17:28

I've only been to one NBA finals game, last year's game 5, where the Lakers beat the Celtics at Staples Center. It was an absolutely electric atmosphere - never seen anything like it. Amazing

Posted by: pmk251 ()
Date: June 18, 2009 03:16

<man i miss Chick Hearn calling the Lakers games......grew up listening to him...the best!......r.i.p. Chick>

Amen to that! Thanks for the clip! Nothing was easier than listening to Chick call the Lakers. You didn't miss a thing. How many nights did I listen to that voice?

Date: June 18, 2009 15:23

^^^ Agreed Chick Hearn was the best!! ^^^

I missed the Celtics this year. Wished Garnett had been healthy. Being a Laker fan nothing could have been better than seeing a Laker/Celtics series with the Lakers winning of coursesmiling smiley

With Odom and Ariza both free agents it might be difficult for the Lakers to repeat.

Not so sure that Gasol was not the MVP considering the job he did on Dwight Howard.

Date: June 19, 2009 01:18

kovach
slew
I am very disappointed that the Lakers won. I have to give them credit though they are good team. Screw Phil Jackson though he aint no Red Auerbach he is a hired mercenary. A fine coach but he did not build a franchise from the ground up and win 8 titles in a row.

Didn't it take him twice as long and 2 different teams to win as many as Auerbach?

How many teams were even in the league in the days of Auerbach ?

Posted by: slew ()
Date: June 19, 2009 02:10

Not very many teams in the leaugue - I think eight which means the teams were probably tougher. The talent is watered down now. There are waaaay too many teams in the NBA, NFL and NHL.

I've seen Kobe is a punk - i'm no Laker fan but give him his due respect he is a great player no doubt about it.

Let's not just pick on the Laker fans. I've had the good fortune of being a Boston fan this decade and every time one of our teams wins some fans go out in the streets and act like complete morons it happens everywhere.

kovach - It took Auerbach a while to build the Celtics I believe he came on board in 48 or 49 and they did not win until they got Russell in the 56-57 season and then they lost in 1958 and the Red ren off 8 straight. He was also president and gm after that and won 7 more titles and pulled off some of the greatest moves in NBA history.

I'm not taking anything away from Jackson he just did not have the impact that Red had on the game.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1889
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home