Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Playing "Exile" beginning to end on the rumoured 2010 Tour?
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 10, 2009 14:10

J8ste
melillo
yeah but they wont settle for 100 million when they can settle for 450 million

Raise the ticket prices or play small venues every night.

No. Seriously. How desperate are some people that they would actually justify hiking the prices (which are already extortionate) up by another 200-300% just so they can see a show in a theatre? Who the hell are going to GO to these kind of ego-fests?

Christ almighty, shouldnt a profit of 50 or 100 million be enough without it absolutely HAVING to top 300 or 400 million just to make them even consider performing?

Serious reality check, folks. If a band won't work unless they're guaranteed an obscene amount of money which will shatter previous records, then their hearts aren't in it and they're taking the piss out of those of you who imagine otherwise.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: June 10, 2009 14:18

Gazza
How desperate are some people that they would actually justify hiking the prices (which are already extortionate) up by another 200-300% just so they can see a show in a theatre? Who the hell are going to GO to these kind of ego-fests?

I would, but only if they promised a drastically re-worked setlist with an absolute minimum of "warhorses."
I could possibly tolerate warhorses if they played a VERY different version of what we're accustomed to hearing.

I don't think any of this will actually happen, though.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 10, 2009 14:35

Edith Grove
Gazza
How desperate are some people that they would actually justify hiking the prices (which are already extortionate) up by another 200-300% just so they can see a show in a theatre? Who the hell are going to GO to these kind of ego-fests?

I would, but only if they promised a drastically re-worked setlist with an absolute minimum of "warhorses."
I could possibly tolerate warhorses if they played a VERY different version of what we're accustomed to hearing.

I don't think any of this will actually happen, though.

you'd pay $1500-2000 for a ticket for a show lasting less than 2 hours. Really?

I've seen the Stones twice in a theatre. It was great on each occasion, but not something I'd pay a four figure amount to see. More as a matter of principle than anything else. It's not exactly a comfortable night either! (if youre in the front ten or so rows in an arena, youre probably going to have a more pleasant and intimate experience anyway) One good thing about those theatre shows was they were priced pretty cheap and whilst the crowd upstairs were family and VIPs, it was pretty much all real fans on the floor. I think people on these forums overestimate the amount of people who would pay that kind of money. Stick a ticket price of $1500-2000 on these sort of shows, and they're going to be filled even more than usual by the corporate and blue-rinse mob (and I doubt they'd be too happy about having to stand on the floor either). It would be akin to going to the opera.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-06-10 14:37 by Gazza.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: June 10, 2009 14:43

Gazza
you'd pay $1500-2000 for a ticket for a show lasting less than 2 hours. Really?

No, not really. A four-figure amount would exclude me from doing this.

However, I would consider something just under four figures as long as my other conditions were met and as you say "put their heart in it."

Posted by: jjflash73 ()
Date: June 10, 2009 15:01

I hate this they are an 'oldies act' talk. They are an older band with a catalog that spans 5 decades. Therefore the songs will be old and heard on the radio for many years. Was Sinatra,Beethoven,Muddy waters oldies acts? is an older artist always an oldies act? I think not.

Its what they do for a living, the Stones break new ground on every tour.
An 'oldies' act is a reunion of the Monkees for the cash and no new albums in 30 years!

The insulting of the Stones on this board along with the sarcasm overwhelms me at times.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: June 10, 2009 15:07

jjflash73
I hate this they are an 'oldies act' talk. They are an older band with a catalog that spans 5 decades. Therefore the songs will be old and heard on the radio for many years. Was Sinatra,Beethoven,Muddy waters oldies acts? is an older artist always an oldies act? I think not.

Its what they do for a living, the Stones break new ground on every tour.
An 'oldies' act is a reunion of the Monkees for the cash and no new albums in 30 years!

The insulting of the Stones on this board along with the sarcasm overwhelms me at times.

Reading the credits of the Bigger Bang DVD is an insult.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: June 10, 2009 15:10

"The insulting of the Stones on this board along with the sarcasm overwhelms me at times."

And is very tedious.....

Date: June 10, 2009 15:21

ablett
"The insulting of the Stones on this board along with the sarcasm overwhelms me at times."

And is very tedious.....

I don´t think so.

Controversial debates are usually interesting,can´t see any insult in crticising
The Stones for specific and/or entitled reasons.

The constant "vegas act" slogan gets boring I´ve to admit.

And sarcasm ? Why not...

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: June 10, 2009 15:35

Lowest form humour etc?

Anyone new to this site would think it anti-stones?

Literally every angle has been complained about?

Hardly a debate, just moaning!

What happened to the interesting threads, from the Attic? Rarities? or posters adding new and interesting topics?

Sometimes it feels as if certain people revel in their own prowess at how critical they can be? Yes, the Stones have many faults but there is also many era's and subjects to celebrate?

I'd start a few but I am meant to be working (and T&A would add some 'humour' that would drive me nuts!)

Posted by: sittinonafence ()
Date: June 10, 2009 16:15

Raisisng ticket prices in these economic times would be a mistake and kill their legacy for well-attended shows. They took ABB to 3 legs in the US and hit 3rd tier towns like Wichita, Louisville, Boise, ElPaso etc... There were plenty of seats available in major markets like LA, NY, Chicago and Boston stadium shows shows in the Fall of 06. IMO,they have overplayed the US market. Forget stadiums at high prices. They may get away with an arena only tour with the same prices as last time, certainly not raising prices beyond 450 USD.

Date: June 10, 2009 17:01

ablett
Lowest form humour etc?

Anyone new to this site would think it anti-stones?

Literally every angle has been complained about?

Hardly a debate, just moaning!

What happened to the interesting threads, from the Attic? Rarities? or posters adding new and interesting topics?

Sometimes it feels as if certain people revel in their own prowess at how critical they can be? Yes, the Stones have many faults but there is also many era's and subjects to celebrate?

I'd start a few but I am meant to be working (and T&A would add some 'humour' that would drive me nuts!)

What do you expect ?
The Church of Rolling Stones ?
If you´re not satisfied with the quality of threads and posts,I´m looking forward
to your creativity and would be glad to participate.
If you want to get entertained and amused ( no offense to a special member here )
I´m expecting your input thankfully as in the past.
Literally every angle (or almost every...)has been examined,it´s not that easy
to come around with something "real fresh"...
The nicer it is if it happens from time to time.

And I don´t have any statistics but I think more than the Stones the usual suspects are getting bashed here regularly,don´t mind...usually....

As long there is a variety of opinions here beetween people not liking Ya-Ya´s
and others showing sympathy for DW everything is allright,although I can´t understand
neither the first nor the second but who cares...

Yes,the humour of T&A is unbeatable (remember yesterday´s "He´s not a band" ?).
Thankfully he´s not the only one !

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: June 10, 2009 21:22

> If you want to get entertained and amused ( no offense to a special member here )
smileys with beer

many of you have Stones many times, sometimes even more than 20. I've seen them only once - and yes, that means I would literally pay all my money to attend another show (or two winking smiley. even for a setlist full of Start Me Ups, Jack's Flashes, Sugars and Satisfactions.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1480
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home