Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

"We Love You" - cancelled DECCA album
Posted by: alimente ()
Date: February 19, 2008 02:19

I remember reading in Record Collector many years ago that DECCA intended to release an album called We Love You in 1967 when the session for Satanic Majesties took longer than expected. apparently a cover design was already made, but the LP was cancelled and the Stones finished Satanic Majesties.

does anyone remember the tracklist of this album? I lost the Record Collector article many years ago and googling around came to no result.

Re: "We Love You" - cancelled DECCA album
Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: February 19, 2008 03:13

I'm pretty sure there was no clue to the contents of the album although I do remember the cover that was printed in record collector.
I was just a plain white sleeve with a little gift card in the corner saying something like "We Love You from Mick, Keith etc.)
Very minimalistic and designed before both "The Beatles" and "Beggars Banquet"

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: February 19, 2008 03:31

I didn't know about this. I would be interested if someone has the original article please post.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: February 19, 2008 07:44

I'd never heard about this till now. Perhaps the release of Flowers in the USA had some influence on this idea as well.

Posted by: CharliMoon ()
Date: February 19, 2008 09:40

Never heard of this either. It would be interesting to read that article and see that cover concept, though, so If anybody finds it.....

Posted by: silkcut1978 ()
Date: February 19, 2008 12:12

I can't recall the tracks on it but there's a German vinyl-release from the 70s/80s called "Satisfaction" (printed on the sleeve) with the title "We Love You" printed on the label. I don't believe that it's the same idea released more than a decade later but who knows. DECCA Germany very often took ideas from abroad for their own releases.

Will check the track-listing when I'm home again . Maybe there are tracks on it from 68/69 than it's nonsense anyway.

Are you guys aware that the unreleased 1973-album (again from DECCA) featuring b-sides and unreleased stuff from Chess 1964 was bootleged when an acetate was found? It's called "Rolling Again". DECCA released No Stune Unturned instead. But the original version would have made a better LP, no doubt. And better then Metamorphosis anyway ;-)

silkcut

Date: February 19, 2008 13:55

silkcut1978

Are you guys aware that the unreleased 1973-album (again from DECCA) featuring b-sides and unreleased stuff from Chess 1964 was bootleged when an acetate was found? It's called "Rolling Again". DECCA released No Stune Unturned instead. But the original version would have made a better LP, no doubt. And better then Metamorphosis anyway ;-)

silkcut

shit - I had this Rolling Again boot for years but never considered it anything special! no, I was not aware that it represented another unreleased DECCA album! do you have the tracklist of Rolling Again (because guess what - I sold my copy years ago!)?

Date: February 19, 2008 14:05

alimente
silkcut1978

shit - I had this Rolling Again boot for years but never considered it anything special! no, I was not aware that it represented another unreleased DECCA album! do you have the tracklist of Rolling Again (because guess what - I sold my copy years ago!)?

Sure alimente but I won't be home again for the next 3 hours - in case nobody else does it I'll post it later. I remember songs like I Want To be Loved, Long Long While but I can't remember that unreleased ones at all. Too long since I last played it ;-)

Date: February 19, 2008 14:11

found this on the web but I'm not sure if it's right - I can't remember the live-version of route 66...

I want to be loved
Down in the bottom
Tell me baby (how many times)
Stewed and keefed
Everybody needs somebody to love
(Get your kicks on) Route 66 (from the live-EP)
Roll over Beethoven
Fanny Mae
Sad day
High heel sneakers
2021 South Michigan Avenue

Date: February 19, 2008 14:18

there was also another planned release that was dropped in 1982 - maybe you remember the book "the first 20 years" by (I think) David Dalton. there were planes to release the book together with an LP holding stuff from 1963 to 1969. I still have the promo-folders somewhere around but in the end it didn't happen for legal reasons or something. I think tracks like Diddley Daddy, Still A Fool & Blood Reed Wine where on the list, so nothing "new" at all. I once came by a test-pressing but it was way too expensive for me in those days so I had to pass it...

Posted by: TrulyMicks ()
Date: February 19, 2008 19:57

Learn something new every day! Thanks for sharing. I loved the book "first 20 years". They should put out more "the second 20 years" and "the third 20 years" and so on....

Date: June 10, 2009 17:55

Problem finally solved!!!

Vudicus finally dug out the Record Collector magazine article I was looking for which dealt with the topic of unfinished or unreleased Rolling Stones projects!

Its here

Unfortunately, it also explains why I could not remember the contents of the We Love You-album.

At least, it confirms that I was not just dreaming.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-06-11 13:10 by alimente.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: June 10, 2009 19:04

Interesting. thanks.

IORR............but I like it!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-06-10 19:04 by sweet neo con.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: June 10, 2009 19:10

The song itself is different. With a neutral view, I would like to know the allure of this well-liked track. Maybe Rene can post a "Track Talk" thread on this subject.

Posted by: StonesFanatic ()
Date: June 10, 2009 19:26

I dig "We Love You"...interesting and rollicking track...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1621
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home