Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: The Unreleased Album
Posted by: Turd On The Run ()
Date: May 28, 2009 07:36

"Think I'm Going Mad"

I'm not sure if this was ever a B-side or not but I would love to see "Think I'm Going Mad" on this album. It would add a touch of languid sophistication.

Definitely Yellow Cab, Claudine, No Spare Parts (even with Jagger's ragged 'drunk hillbilly' vocals) and We Had It All...Criss Cross Mind...all the previous choices were excellent...

Date: May 28, 2009 13:17

It's turning into a double album for sure. Before "Yellow Cab" even showed up it was already up to about 16 straight tunes. Agree that almost every song mentioned so far is a must. "Everlasting is my Love".
Which song is the one that is form the '77 sessions and has the guitar riff, with the rockabilly sound? That slapback and muffled strings?

Date: May 28, 2009 14:30

I don't think Keith would agreed on Let's Go Steady being finished with that vocals.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 28, 2009 14:48

Turd On The Run
"Think I'm Going Mad"

I'm not sure if this was ever a B-side or not but I would love to see "Think I'm Going Mad" on this album. It would add a touch of languid sophistication.

Definitely Yellow Cab, Claudine, No Spare Parts (even with Jagger's ragged 'drunk hillbilly' vocals) and We Had It All...Criss Cross Mind...all the previous choices were excellent...

It was the b-side of 'She was hot' in early 1984.

Never released on Cd though. Apparently they wanted to include it on 'Rarities', but - appropriately enough, considering the amateurish way that entire project was dealt with - the master couldn't be located.

Claudine is an obvious choice of a good, unreleased song that was most definitely finished. It still can't be officially released, however.

Date: May 28, 2009 14:56

Honestman
And what about ?

What's the matter
Yellow cab aka Do you think I really care
You win again

HMN

Liek many of the songs listed in this thread, none of the circulating versions of those songs sound like they're a finished take to me - although 'Do You Think I Really Care' is a personal favourite of mine.

Thats not to say that they couldnt get away with putting some of these versions out on some kind of archives outtakes compilation. Releasing them 'as they stand' on a studio album would have been another matter, though.

Posted by: twanghound ()
Date: May 28, 2009 15:09

"Claudine" has to exist in an finished version.
I read that it already was on the first "Emotional rescue" pressings, but had to be removed because of legal actions.

Date: May 28, 2009 15:26

It DOES exist in a finished version. The rockabilly one is the finished take. It was only omitted due to the threat of litigation, an issue which is still valid if they chose to release it anytime in Claudine Longet's lifetime, I would imagine.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: May 28, 2009 16:05

I agree with Gazza-and you can get the finished release(IMO) on "Static In The Attic" in reg and edit. I'm sure its on others but this disc is absolutely legit quality.

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: May 28, 2009 19:11

Gazza
Honestman
And what about ?

What's the matter
Yellow cab aka Do you think I really care
You win again

HMN

...although 'Do You Think I Really Care' is a personal favourite of mine.

We are at least Two !
HMNthumbs up

Posted by: django ()
Date: May 28, 2009 21:21

scottkeef
I agree with Gazza-and you can get the finished release(IMO) on "Static In The Attic" in reg and edit. I'm sure its on others but this disc is absolutely legit quality.

The version of Claudine (plus more great outtakes) with the best quality is on the old vinyl boot "Accidents Will Happen" from the early eighties. In 2004 released as a 2CD on VGP. Obviously from the original tape source. Perfect quality.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: May 28, 2009 22:09

I respectfully disagree(although its not bad!)

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: May 28, 2009 22:16

Yellow Cab is a personal favorite of mine. @#$%& Blues, although technically released is another that could be included

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: May 28, 2009 22:28

i usually love hearing unreleased stones material but i'm not fond of unreleased tracks from 1977-1980 except for claudine. i think the stones used all the best unreleased stuff for tatoo you. i would like to mention that when i say that i'm not including outtakes of released material.

Posted by: lunar!!! ()
Date: May 29, 2009 04:25

you gotta be joking!!---these were extremely fertile years for stones outtakes--so many great ideas and riffs laid down in this period--i must say..you are the first and only person i have ever heard say this about this period of band history..of course you are entitled to your opinion but you should go back and investigate the tracks you speak of....preferably at top volume with headphones on....i'm just sayin'.....

STONES JAM!! MICKEYS RULES!!! (burp) NADER IN 2016!!!!! GO GIANTS!!

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: May 29, 2009 07:15

you have a good point, i should listen to the material some more before making a statement like that. just seems like everything thing i've heard from that time period that's unreleased has poor sound quality.

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: May 29, 2009 10:59

well I´m also in that stuff. But I would have made a few because I don´t think that 70s stuff would fit VL Outtakes. So I think there a three "phases"
68-72
77-80
82-89

I also compiled an Keith Richards Unreleased cd [www.iorr.org]
and an Stonea Alternates. [www.iorr.org]
The future will bring more

Posted by: squando ()
Date: May 29, 2009 15:52

It isn't too pollished but "Zip mouth angel" from the Voodoo sessions is a lovely little track.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1782
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home