Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Springsteen to play 18 shows at Beacon
Posted by: stonesriff ()
Date: May 22, 2009 01:38

Hot off the press. Bruce to play 18 shows at Beacon Theater from Oct 6 - Oct 31st!!!!!!

Re: OT: Springsteen to play 18 shows at Beacon
Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: May 22, 2009 01:49

What's the source? It's not BruceSpringsteen.net nor Backstreets.com.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: May 22, 2009 01:55

Here is the whole post from the guy on Backstreets. Read it VERY carefully before getting too excited:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
May 21, 2009 Printable Version

The Boss and the Band to perform an Allman Brothers like run at the Beacon Theatre in October, 2009.

With the upcoming conclusion of the current US leg of the Working on a Dream tour, Shore Fire Media is happy to announce that Bruce Springteen and the E Street Band will take up residence at the Beacon for 18 shows begining Monday , October 6 and concluding on Thursday the 31st, 2009 after their return from Europe.

The shows will have a different flavor from the current tour. The entire set will be determined the day before by a text messaging system to vote for songs that the fans want to hear. With each ticket purchase, every fan will have the ability to vote for one song they would like played based on a code number on the ticket. That means NO SIGNS.

Voting will be available for the 24 hours before each show. Saturday and Sunday shows will be performed at 2:00pm while the weeknight shows will begin at 8:00pm. Voting will be from 8:00pm Sunday through 8:00pm Thursday, for the Monday through Friday shows. For the weekend shows, the voting will begin on Friday at 2:00pm and end on Sunday at 2:00pm. Of course, all of this changes for any holidays that may fall on or the day before a show. Those voting rules will be printed on each ticket, in very small print. If you attempt to vote outside of the timeframes for the show(s) you are attending, your ticket will be null and void.

Children under 10 will be allowed to attend these shows with the following limitations. They will all be required to stay in the PIT(Playground In Theater). This will be located in the front near the stage. No adults allowed in this area. Bruce stated that he enjoys playing to the kids and that he is more than a little creeped out by the middle aged men leering at him lovingly.

The exact dates of the shows will be determined by the current Beacon schedule and when we get hold of an actual calendar.

For more information on Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, please contact Dewy Cheatum([email protected]) at Shore Fire Media.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 22, 2009 01:59

stonesriff
Hot off the press. Bruce to play 18 shows at Beacon Theater from Oct 6 - Oct 31st!!!!!!

...er,its a spoof, mate.....

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: May 22, 2009 02:04

LOL... SCL knew that I would cry foul on this spoof!!! It's ok ...mmmm maybe this means the Canes win over the Pens tonite?? Couldn't come at a better time!

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: May 22, 2009 07:34

if it was true, would u try to go, Gazza? I mean, stay in NYC a week and see several intimate shows,would that be enuf to attract ya?

plexi

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: May 22, 2009 07:52

I like the email address: dew.cheatum@shorefire.com

Posted by: fiftyamp ()
Date: May 22, 2009 08:41

trainarollin
I like the email address: dew.cheatum@shorefire.com

That's an old 3 stooges bit. The law firm of Dewey, Cheatum, and Howe.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: May 22, 2009 11:57

i thought that was Click and Clack, the Tapit Bros

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 22, 2009 14:47

timbernardis
if it was true, would u try to go, Gazza? I mean, stay in NYC a week and see several intimate shows,would that be enuf to attract ya?

plexi

the expense would be the only factor that would stop me, Tim. Well, that along with the obvious issue of ticket availability!

He'll be playing Giants Stadium for about 3 shows late Sept/early October though which I might consider if I get a much needed windfall (ie financial bailout) that I'm waitin' on. Doubt it though.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1402
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home