Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: UNIVERSAL REISSUES U.S. SALES - FIRST WEEK
Posted by: StonesFanatic ()
Date: June 24, 2009 17:04

Toru A
Weekly Chart of Tower Records Japan - June 24

1. Black Clowds and Silver Linings / Dream Theater
2. Sticky Fingers - shmcd - out of stock
5. Under Cover - shmcd
6. Tattoo You - shmcd
8. Goats Head Soup - shmcd
9. Black and Blue - shmcd
10. It's Only Rock'n'Roll - shmcd
12. Some Girls - shmcd
13. Emotional Rescue - shmcd
20. Let It Roll / George Harrison
34. 21st Century Breakdown / Greenday

I myself will be picking up the new Dream Theater CD tonight...cannot wait!!!

Date: June 24, 2009 17:05

slew
I am as hardcore a fan as anyone and usually jump to their defense but there is NOTHING NEW here to make me want to buy any of them. I had all the CBS ones then replaced them with the Virgin ones. I am not going to do it AGAIN!!

Look at the Who reissues - lots of nice stuff on all of them!!!

These releases are bogus!

As a Who hardcore fan, I have to let you know they @#$%& up the reissues royally...yes, lots of extras, but to the original albums they changed mixes and edits and the overall sound is very poor...most Who fans (myself included) still listen to the original CD (or even vinyl) release for the definitive mixes...they ever @#$%& up the Leeds complete show release (luckily there is a readily available COMPLETE SBD WITHOUT EDITS of the entire show)...

Posted by: LarryH ()
Date: June 25, 2009 23:41

HighwireC
... now I realize why The Rolling Stones will never ask their hardcore-fans how to do their business.

Have a look at IORR-diskussionboard:

- The CD-tracklists are wrong, most wrong is ABB.

- The setlists are wrong, more ballads please, aahm, no, more roch, more funk, more ... more ... oh, no more.

- The videos are wrong, too much sex, oh no, should be more, indeed,

etc etc etc.

But The Rolling Stones are still the best selling group in rockbusiness (CDs, DVDs, LPs, cassettes, tickets, merchandise, etc etc), that can't be true,

If these fans would have rouled the Rolling Stones, the would have been bankrupt since many years, I'm sure.

I beg to differ. The Rolling Stones would be doing themselves and Universal a big favor if they listened to their hardcore fans when putting together their re-issues. With all the unreleased songs and alternate versions we know are in the band's vaults it is absolutely ridiculous that they didn't include bonus material on these recent issues. I guarantee you the sales on the re-issue of Sticky Fingers would've been five times greater if they'd included bonus tracks. Hell, bootleggers do a better job with the Stones back catalog than the Stones do themselves.

Between my original vinyl versions and the Virgin 90's re-issues (which I also thought should've had bonus tracks) I could care less about these new ones. If they had bonus material I would've bought them all.

All other artists of the Stones caliber (Beatles, Dylan, Beach Boys, The Who) have released archival material yet the Stones continue to refuse to do so. It's getting hard as a fan not to feel a bit jilted by this.

"Exile On Main St." should receive the same sort of package that the Beach Boys "Pet Sounds" did. Loads of bonus tracks, liner notes and photos. I'd buy that the day it hits the shops. I bet it would sell more than "A Bigger Bang". If they once again choose to ignore their fans wishes you can bet they'll be in for more disappointing soundscan sales figures.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: June 26, 2009 10:53

Certainly the cost of these reissues is keeping people from buying them alone. I sure as hell wouldn't buy them. Too much.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: June 26, 2009 13:23

The low sales of the reissues should make Universal pause for thought if they are considering rereleasing EOMS without any substantial extras.

I'm not going to be buying any rereleases unless they include extra tracks and/or video.

For the life of me I don't understand why the Stones still appear to be stubbornly refusing to release a high quality archive DVD like Led Zep or ACDC.

Posted by: Ricky ()
Date: June 26, 2009 13:55

Wow!!! Only Dream Theater (with a new one) can beat then...

Date: June 26, 2009 14:06

Ricky
Wow!!! Only Dream Theater (with a new one) can beat then...

But that new DT album is @#$%& excellent!!!

Posted by: Ricky ()
Date: June 27, 2009 21:01

...escept for Wither and the lyrics of The Count of Tuscany... my opinion

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2229
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home