Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Send It To Me/She`s So Cold German 7` What`s the story?
Posted by: electricmud ()
Date: May 17, 2009 23:39

The latest pictures of single-covers from stone-relics`in the Rarities-thread reminds me to ask you guys something I never understood:
In september 1980 the Stones released in Germany Send It To Me and backed it with She`s So Cold. The cover is the frozen "She`s So Cold"- tongue with Send It To Me and of course never made sense. At that time I was thinking why are they doing a coverartwork for the B-side? Later at that time I realised that all other countries got She`S So Cold as A-side what made sense.
So does anybody know, if this was done by mistake or did they think that Send It To Me would sell better or what`s the story behind this release?

Re: Send It To Me/She`s So Cold German 7` What`s the story?
Date: May 18, 2009 23:25

Nobody on this board with any ideas or information? C`mon boys.

Date: October 7, 2009 20:26

Forgot about this old thread. So you`ve had enough time to find an answerwinking smiley

Posted by: silkcut1978_ ()
Date: October 7, 2009 21:34

Sure, Send It To Me was expected to be the "greater hit".
Imagine my surprise when I found out, that everywhere else in this world She's So Cold was the A-side.
Personally I think Send It To Me was/is the better song but I'm aware that many people don't like this little Reggae.

There are two different versions of this single as they replaced the German copyright-sentence with an English one on later issues (see here: [www.vinylstones.org])

Date: October 8, 2009 01:14

Thanx for the link, silkcut1978. Still a strange thing to make Send It To Me as A-side without reworking the cover-design. Great idea by a german EMI office-worker?

Posted by: silkcut1978_ ()
Date: October 8, 2009 09:35

Honestly, I never thought about the artwork-design until you mentioned it here - it was just another tongue-design in my eyes and I never connected it with "She's So Cold". But it's obviously that you're right :-)

Anyway, it happened before that singles had different tracks. While the German Respectable had Imagination on B-side it was Whip Comes Down In The UK. It happened very often that some countries choose different A-sides or B-sides. But yes, it was a strange idea in a way to swap A with B.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2378
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home