Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Send It To Me/She`s So Cold German 7` What`s the story?
Posted by: electricmud ()
Date: May 17, 2009 23:39

The latest pictures of single-covers from stone-relics`in the Rarities-thread reminds me to ask you guys something I never understood:
In september 1980 the Stones released in Germany Send It To Me and backed it with She`s So Cold. The cover is the frozen "She`s So Cold"- tongue with Send It To Me and of course never made sense. At that time I was thinking why are they doing a coverartwork for the B-side? Later at that time I realised that all other countries got She`S So Cold as A-side what made sense.
So does anybody know, if this was done by mistake or did they think that Send It To Me would sell better or what`s the story behind this release?

Re: Send It To Me/She`s So Cold German 7` What`s the story?
Date: May 18, 2009 23:25

Nobody on this board with any ideas or information? C`mon boys.

Date: October 7, 2009 20:26

Forgot about this old thread. So you`ve had enough time to find an answerwinking smiley

Posted by: silkcut1978_ ()
Date: October 7, 2009 21:34

Sure, Send It To Me was expected to be the "greater hit".
Imagine my surprise when I found out, that everywhere else in this world She's So Cold was the A-side.
Personally I think Send It To Me was/is the better song but I'm aware that many people don't like this little Reggae.

There are two different versions of this single as they replaced the German copyright-sentence with an English one on later issues (see here: [www.vinylstones.org])

Date: October 8, 2009 01:14

Thanx for the link, silkcut1978. Still a strange thing to make Send It To Me as A-side without reworking the cover-design. Great idea by a german EMI office-worker?

Posted by: silkcut1978_ ()
Date: October 8, 2009 09:35

Honestly, I never thought about the artwork-design until you mentioned it here - it was just another tongue-design in my eyes and I never connected it with "She's So Cold". But it's obviously that you're right :-)

Anyway, it happened before that singles had different tracks. While the German Respectable had Imagination on B-side it was Whip Comes Down In The UK. It happened very often that some countries choose different A-sides or B-sides. But yes, it was a strange idea in a way to swap A with B.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1514
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home