Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Does anyone knows the story behind The New Jersey Roadie Tapes
Posted by: Riffbuk ()
Date: May 17, 2009 20:40

After reading Bill German´s Under Their Thumb, I had a idea how tight the security was and how Stones free passes"estabilishment" worked.But this roadie he was filming people like JC Alan Dunn, his brother, Michael Cohl , who were very hard on this matters.How could this guy filmed the way he did and no one said a thing,Anyway I´m just glad that he did, but Im still curious about it. Does anyone have more information??

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-05-17 20:42 by Riffbuk.

Re: Does anyone knows the story behind The New Jersey Roadie Tapes
Posted by: benon again ()
Date: May 17, 2009 21:39

Great show indeed .I didn`t appreciated 1997 tour although american leg is always better than european...More material like this o yeah!

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: May 17, 2009 21:47

I have no information whatsoever. I'm just guessing that the band might ask him to film the show for some reason, maybe to analyse it. Or maybe just for private purposes.

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: May 17, 2009 22:00

Riffbuk
How could this guy filmed the way he did and no one said a thing,Anyway I´m just glad that he did, but Im still curious about it. Does anyone have more information??

Maybe he could have used a very sophisticated hidden cam, why not?

HMN

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: May 17, 2009 22:17

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-21 21:24 by UrbanSteel.

Posted by: Greg ()
Date: May 17, 2009 23:22

Amazing, Ronnie clowning and posing just two minutes into the first song of the show...

----------------------------
"Music is the frozen tapioca in the ice chest of history."

"Shit!... No shit, awright!"

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: May 18, 2009 03:31

Honestman
Riffbuk
How could this guy filmed the way he did and no one said a thing,Anyway I´m just glad that he did, but Im still curious about it. Does anyone have more information??

HMN

He's filming Jagger when he is on the stairs waiting to go for satisfaction so I reckon they knew about it because he can't really hide it if he is standing right next to him.

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: deardoctortake1 ()
Date: May 18, 2009 04:05

those roadies were filming for the big screen during the show.
I had the pleasure of being "featured" twice during 19th nervous breakdown with close tight shots of me and my friends. Not all shots are used on the big screen. It's also not one guy with a small camera. It's a crew of 2 or 3 guys, huge camera with big thick cables one guy has the camera, another has the cable and maybe another guy with headphones or just helping. There are 2 roadie tapes from this show, 10/16/97, one was featured more than the other on the screen. Most of the footage is from the area near the b stage or in front of the main stage.I was right by the b stage in 97 and the crew was very right in the open.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: May 18, 2009 05:43

Honestman
Riffbuk

HMN

I dont think so, several people looked and waved at him.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: May 18, 2009 07:58

How about the story behind the Oakland roadie tapes where they got the picture directly off the giant screen?

or was that soemthin else -- there were two shows on the BTB Tour where roadies got tapes, werent there, or two from different tours, whatever??

p

Posted by: oldkr ()
Date: May 18, 2009 08:17

theyre hired cinematographers/filmographer- not random load in/out roadies!

OLDKR

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: May 18, 2009 10:29

Wuudy
Honestman
Riffbuk

HMN

He's filming Jagger when he is on the stairs waiting to go for satisfaction so I reckon they knew about it because he can't really hide it if he is standing right next to him.

Like Honestman ,I was thinking too the camera was hidden ,because the image moves so much sometimes !And the floor is too often filmed and the band off-camera.
By the way ,I loved the seconds on the stairs before Jagger gets on stage .
Audiance clamour ..

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: May 18, 2009 11:59

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-21 21:23 by UrbanSteel.

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: May 18, 2009 12:22

The story is closed!
Once again, Urbansteel is right!

The second clip is the ultimate clue!

Sorry Jos, i was wrong with my hidden cam!

HMN

Posted by: Riffbuk ()
Date: May 18, 2009 12:31

Thanks UrbanSteel!!

Its really two cameraman who are filming this!No hidden cameras or anything. and you can see by the quality of the filming that they are not professional cameramans,(its shaky sometimes,and the cameras itself are camcorders, not pro models) and is that what really suprises me, that no one from the high ranks from the Stones said or stopped anything.Thanks God...

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: May 18, 2009 17:17

Thanks a lot Urban Steel , I didn't even noticed that when I watched the whole DVD.
But I continue to think (I am still thinking ??) that even if they are not professionals, it's very very shaky!
I am doing better I think.

But never mind ,because it was great to share a bit of the Stones pre-concert and intimacy (if intimacy is the right world with all the people and staff around them ) !
Especially the few minutes before Keith plays his first notes ...gooseflesh !!!

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2300
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home