Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: OT: Lennon's Bloody Clothes On Display
Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: May 12, 2009 16:39

Is really hard to accept censorship on a Rolling Stones site.

Once again if you don't like it don't go....But do not CENSOR it. It might be tasteless for some, historical for others. But most important, everyone's FREE to decide.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: May 12, 2009 16:47

CindyC
mryapp
CindyC: Give piece of shit a chance.

hehehe good one!

Post of the week, yap.

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: May 12, 2009 17:11

leteyer

Once again if you don't like it don't go....But do not CENSOR it. It might be tasteless for some, historical for others. But most important, everyone's FREE to decide.

There's a museum not far from where I live in Michigan where you can see the actual car JFK was riding in when he got shot. They also have the chair Lincoln was sitting in when HE got shot. No one seems to complain about that.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: May 12, 2009 17:25

Maybe she should just put the old bag over her head again. Jesus Christ. Including John's clothes on display is the final insult.

Reminds me of a joke:
Q: What's yellow and sleeps alone?

A: Yoko Ono.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: May 12, 2009 17:30

JumpingKentFlash
Maybe she should just put the old bag over her head again. Jesus Christ. Including John's clothes on display is the final insult.

Reminds me of a joke:
Q: What's yellow and sleeps alone?

A: Yoko Ono.

lol eye popping smiley

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: May 12, 2009 17:33

I think that any time you can deliver a message about gun control it's a good thing but I doubt that was Yoko's intention. Furthermore, this message misses it's mark; the message impacts SANE people who don't abuse guns or use them to kill people! Psychos would just laugh at such a display. I find the whole John murder beyond depressing....it's one of those life-altering events, one I never totally recovered from. For those that are against capital punishment, this may be THE EVENT That could make you rethink the death penalty law. I volunteer to be the one who pulls the lever on that creature.

Posted by: harlito1969 ()
Date: May 12, 2009 17:33

doesn't seem right

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: May 12, 2009 17:45

Well it is a bit much to do about nothing. Since all you see is a paper bag. But it does seem part of Yoko's bizarre personality to do this anyway. As far as making some kind of statement about gun control. It would be nice if it actually did have some effect. But after all these years and after all the continuing gun violence going on. I don't think it would have much effect even if were more graphic.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: May 12, 2009 18:29

Who cares?

If Yoko wants to do this, she was his wife, let her. I bet John would support her [bizarre] choice on this one. Either way she seems to have, very quickly, achived her goal right here--in just over 2 hours, just the concept of the display has already garnered 2 pages of postings!

To a celebrity, or in Yoko's case, "celebrity." there is no such thing as bad publicity, right?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 12, 2009 20:51

dcba
"Walking On Thin Ice"

The story of her life then?

It was actually the song they'd just recorded a few minutes before Lennon was shot.

Posted by: MCDDTLC ()
Date: May 12, 2009 20:53

Gosh - everyone bashing poor Yoko...

I will always remember her "vocal" delivery in the Plastic Ono Band..
Can't tell the difference between her vocals and Celene Dion's...

MLC

Posted by: mryapp ()
Date: May 12, 2009 21:06

I find it hard to bash Yoko, I really do. I have never joined in on the hate-a-thons toward her. She is her own person, unique. I like her.

People were very unkind to her, calling her ugly and saying she broke up the Beatles. Not true.

She went through Hell when her husband was murdered. I simply can't imagine the pain she must have endured. If someone killed my wife, you may as well dig two graves, because without her, there would be no point in going on.

Yoko did go on, doing what she wanted to do.

Good for her.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: May 12, 2009 21:20

HalfNanker
Who cares?
-in just over 2 hours, just the concept of the display has already garnered 2 pages of postings!

That's not saying much - someone could post a new thread entitled "I just farted" and it would probably get a similar response.

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: May 12, 2009 21:26

yeah, look at the click rate for the posts named

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: May 12, 2009 21:54

CindyC
HalfNanker
Who cares?
-in just over 2 hours, just the concept of the display has already garnered 2 pages of postings!

That's not saying much - someone could post a new thread entitled "I just farted" and it would probably get a similar response.

Ok Cindy. You really did make me laugh out loud at that one...and now everyone in the office is staring me like I'm crazy. Ok,they do that everyday,but that was funny.grinning smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: May 12, 2009 22:01

MCDDTLC
I will always remember her "vocal" delivery in the Plastic Ono Band.

More like "goatal delivery" if you ask me. That's what she sang like, although the playing was so great that I can easily ignore her.

Can't stand the woman.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Bärs ()
Date: May 12, 2009 22:23

I don't really see the problem here. In Stockholm (Livrustkammaren) we can see the exact uniform king Charles XII was wearing when he got shot in 1718. And I've seen the same book Elvis was reading the moment he died. It's just history now.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: May 12, 2009 23:12

tatters
leteyer

There's a museum not far from where I live in Michigan where you can see the actual car JFK was riding in when he got shot. They also have the chair Lincoln was sitting in when HE got shot. No one seems to complain about that.

I've been to that Ford Museum. I think it's a bit different with the actual clothes. And I'm not saying it's a form of censorship. I think it's purely tasteless. That's all.

Date: May 12, 2009 23:14

Oh and CindyC...........

WELCOME BACK!!!!!!! I've missed ya!!! hot smiley

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: May 12, 2009 23:37

Bärs
I don't really see the problem here. In Stockholm (Livrustkammaren) we can see the exact uniform king Charles XII was wearing when he got shot in 1718. And I've seen the same book Elvis was reading the moment he died. It's just history now.

I reckon you are not so much over 40 years of age, bärs?
And in my book the King's name was Karl.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: May 12, 2009 23:44

From4tilLate
I've never drank the kool aid regarding Yoko. I always thought she used John like a dinner napkin. She got inside his head and manipulated him every step of the way. I only know these people through books, I wasn't there, but that's always been my impression.

John and Yoko continue to polarise. On the one hand, you get the comment as above...and then a thread later saying how "smart John was".
Strange days, indeed.

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: May 13, 2009 00:25

This is very poor taste !

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: May 13, 2009 01:04

sweetcharmedlife
CindyC
HalfNanker
Who cares?

Ok Cindy. You really did make me laugh out loud at that one...and now everyone in the office is staring me like I'm crazy. Ok,they do that everyday,but that was funny.grinning smiley

Just wondering are we making fun of the lemming-like quality of some of the threads here...or me!???

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: May 13, 2009 01:28

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: May 13, 2009 01:29

HalfNanker
Just wondering are we making fun of the lemming-like quality of some of the threads here...or me!???

Oh definitely you! No silly - the quality of threads.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: May 13, 2009 01:34

jlowe
From4tilLate
I've never drank the kool aid regarding Yoko. I always thought she used John like a dinner napkin. She got inside his head and manipulated him every step of the way. I only know these people through books, I wasn't there, but that's always been my impression.

John and Yoko continue to polarise. On the one hand, you get the comment as above...and then a thread later saying how "smart John was".
Strange days, indeed.

Think we did a lot of post about the @#$%&e.d up genius John Lennon

Date: May 13, 2009 03:35

VoodooLounge13
tatters
leteyer

I've been to that Ford Museum. I think it's a bit different with the actual clothes. And I'm not saying it's a form of censorship. I think it's purely tasteless. That's all.

What's different? Lincoln's blood is all over the back of that chair. Maybe it's just the passage of time that makes it different. No one alive today knew Lincoln. Millions of people alive today at least FEEl as if they knew John. Like in that Byrds song about Kennedy.

He never knew my name
Though I never met him
I knew him just the same
He was a friend of mine

Date: May 13, 2009 03:58

mryapp
I find it hard to bash Yoko, I really do. I have never joined in on the hate-a-thons toward her. She is her own person, unique. I like her.

People were very unkind to her, calling her ugly and saying she broke up the Beatles. Not true.

She went through Hell when her husband was murdered. I simply can't imagine the pain she must have endured. If someone killed my wife, you may as well dig two graves, because without her, there would be no point in going on.

Good for her.

I think all the hate directed at Yoko was something that really surprised John. He couldn't understand why people that supposedly loved him, and wanted him to be happy, couldn't at least pretend to like the person who made him happy. Same with Linda. She had to die before people started to like her.

Date: May 13, 2009 15:53

tatters
VoodooLounge13
tatters
leteyer

What's different? Lincoln's blood is all over the back of that chair. Maybe it's just the passage of time that makes it different. No one alive today knew Lincoln. Millions of people alive today at least FEEl as if they knew John. Like in that Byrds song about Kennedy.

He never knew my name
Though I never met him
I knew him just the same
He was a friend of mine

Maybe it's a matter of personal taste here, but to me, the vehicle or chair in which someone was sitting when murder does not even come close to the same realm as the actual clothes that were gracing that person's body at the time of death. There is that mystical personal space in my opinion, and while Lincoln and JFK may have been occupying a car and a seat, these are not theirs persay and to me don't really represent them as people, but the clothes one chooses to wear says a lot about you and your persona and being, and that is part of your private life, no matter how famous you are, and it should remain as such, not flaunted about like a three-headed person.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 13, 2009 16:02

mryapp

Good for her.

Most of that sentiment I can pretty much empathise with. Its the constant exploitation of Lennon's shocking murder - which she witnessed - in the name of 'art' that I have a problem with, though.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1837
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home