Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

BLONDIE IN LAGUNA BEACH TONIGHT
Posted by: donnarq1 ()
Date: May 13, 2009 17:24

ACOUSTIC SET WITH PERCUSSIONIST PHIL JONES @ MOZAMBIQUE SHEEBEENER LOUNGE...7:30

Re: BLONDIE IN LAGUNA BEACH TONIGHT
Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: May 14, 2009 09:01

What songs did he play?

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: May 14, 2009 14:06

Was it a good show?
Here are a few photos from another show...

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: May 14, 2009 14:08

...assumed this was going to be about Debbie Harry and the boys

Date: May 14, 2009 14:14

On a Stones-site - Blondie means Blondie Chaplin.
Otherwise - Debbie Harry-fans - there should be an OT in the subject list...

Date: May 14, 2009 20:20

I'm bummed that I didnt' get to go...hope to make the next one, guys smiling smiley

Date: May 14, 2009 22:36

Sorry you didn't get to see the show, but it was taped - will post a little piece later.
Blondie's off to Germany on Friday for a few shows, and then he's flying to Norway on June 5th. Details of dates and venues in a different thread later.

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: May 14, 2009 23:26

Addicted
Sorry you didn't get to see the show, but it was taped - will post a little piece later.
Blondie's off to Germany on Friday for a few shows, and then he's flying to Norway on June 5th. Details of dates and venues in a different thread later.

Will he join up with Ronnie? I remember Ronnie is set to play at some Kristiansand festival around June. Don't they all have some faible for Scandinavia? I always wondered why...Mick Taylor and the Wentus guys, Blondie always up there, now Ronnie too...

Date: May 15, 2009 01:28

I believe he is still on the bill for June 1 with the Waddy Wachtel Band @ Joe's Joint.

Date: May 15, 2009 15:38

Sorry I didn't see this earlier - been busy working!

donnarq1: No, Blondie's in Germany on June 1st. And on the 5th, he's leaving for Norway, where he'll be untill the end of June. He'll be back in the US on July 2nd.

Lorenz: Yes, he might meet Ronnie here. Ronnie's gig with Slash and Ozzy is June 30th at the Quart festival in Kristiansand, but they're propably going to meet before that date.
Ronnie's also going to have an art exhibition in Kristiansand while he's here.

Their faible for Scandinavia is a longlasting one:
Bill Wyman started it - Astrid Lundgren - Swedish lady. Lots of shows in Norway in 2007. 14 shows I believe... And some in Sweden.
Brian Jones: Anna Wohlin and a few other young blondes. (Swedish)
Mick: Had a few! Mostly Swedish, last one in 2003 - a 17 year old model. tongue sticking out smiley
Has many Swedish friends.
Keith: Married to a Norwegian-American for 25 years now... smileys with beer
And a happy marriage, too! Has friends here. And his wife's family. They met Patti's Norwegian family in August 2007. The band was here for 5 days or something.
Blondie's been here a lot. Many friends here, well paid gigs.
Mick Taylor: Visits Sweden a lot. And Denmark and Norway now and then.
Ronnie: First exhibition in Norway in 2004. Has friends here.

I might have forgotten something, but I'm sure someone will fill in with additional info.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-05-15 15:47 by Addicted.

Date: May 16, 2009 01:20

Thanks, addicted...best in music smiling smiley

Date: May 16, 2009 13:15

Yeah, music's my only addiction. But I don't judge those who are struggeling with their demons - like drugs or alcohol. I've friends - very close, dear friends - who struggle with addiction. And bless them - doing their best.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 16, 2009 23:44

Lorenz

Will he join up with Ronnie? I remember Ronnie is set to play at some Kristiansand festival around June. Don't they all have some faible for Scandinavia? I always wondered why...Mick Taylor and the Wentus guys, Blondie always up there, now Ronnie too...

It's getting worse and indeed.

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: May 16, 2009 23:48

thanks for the info addicted! and indeed, amsterdamned! I just realized also Lisa has that Scandinavian connection, recording with the fiddle player...

and: erik from the board is ian maclagans friend on facebook! winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-05-16 23:49 by Lorenz.

Date: May 17, 2009 01:54

That's correct. Lorenz. Lisa recorded with Hallvard T. Bjørgum. I gave her some copies of the album when I met her in Oslo in April. She was here for 5 days.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: May 17, 2009 01:56

Addicted
That's correct. Lorenz. Lisa recorded with Hallvard T. Bjørgum. I gave her some copies of the album when I met her in Oslo in April. She was here for 5 days.

Great cd! smiling smiley

Date: May 17, 2009 15:21

Sorry I didn't see this earlier, Baboon. And embarrassing that I didn't remember in the first place. There was some personal involvement, after all. And thanks to your involvement - the album also features Lisa's lovely voice.
Glad you like it!
Gotta run! We're in the middle of celebrating our national day here now. Constitution day is a BIG DEAL in Norway.
And some Norwegian kiddo won a song contest last night, so the atmosphere is "partyish". There will be drinking in the streets, I'm afraid.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1508
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home