Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Is buying a concert tshirt as must
Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: May 9, 2009 12:05

I 've got a few Stones tshirts.
I wear them sometimes.
My fave is the one of The American Tour ,unfortunately it's getting used.

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: Bimmelzerbott ()
Date: May 9, 2009 12:10

I stopped buying Tour shirts when I realized that I almost never wear them. I think it looks stupid wearing band shirts in everyday life. But it suits well for overweighted middle aged dads and retarded male virgins with bad hair cuts and a moustache.

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: May 9, 2009 13:59

rattler2004
Still kicking myself for not grabbing an Austin event t-shirt.

There is one on ebay as we speak

Posted by: R ()
Date: May 9, 2009 17:57

Chris Fountain
tippy2toes
Do you just have to have a tshirt at a Stones show? Me, yeah I always get at least 2. My drawer in my bedroom is full of them.

From which tours does your collection consist? I wished I had done the same.

Every tour going back to 1975. It's scary how small they are. I'm afraid to let my skinny 13 year old try on the '75 and '78s for fear he'll bust them out.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: May 9, 2009 18:17

I used to think so. I've been to a decent number of shows (various bands) over the years. I got one Steel Wheels shirt and the rest of them I actually found. I went to 2 Voodoo shows and was not moved to get any of those shirts for some reason.

The most rock shirts I have are of The Cult, from the 89 tour, 90 tour, 92 tour (my fave) and the 99 tour. I didn't get one in 01 or 08 - they weren't that interesting I thought. I usually get one when I think they're very interesting.

Posted by: tippy2toes ()
Date: May 9, 2009 18:29

For me the Voodoo Lounge had the most shirts sold ever at any Stones tour. I counted 17+.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: May 9, 2009 18:29

Yeah the Licks tour was too much tongue. It seems if the album concept or artwork is favorable it leads to better merchandising. VL is a good example.

Posted by: Zack ()
Date: May 9, 2009 19:02

I wore the shirt I bought in 81 with a giant dragon with Stones lips on top of the Capital Centre (you could tell from it's distinctive potato chip shape) a couple of times a week for a year. Man, it was hideous. On the other days I wore my Who shirt from 82. Can't believe it in retrospect, but I did. Never bought one since.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: May 9, 2009 19:38

No.......... I only love there music...oke I did buy some in the last 35 years

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: May 9, 2009 19:41

After seeing the Stones over a hundred times I have never bought a T Shirt. I'll spend my money on the concert programs or maybe a keychain or something like that.

Date: May 9, 2009 22:24

Bimmelzerbott
I stopped buying Tour shirts when I realized that I almost never wear them. I think it looks stupid wearing band shirts in everyday life. But it suits well for overweighted middle aged dads and retarded male virgins with bad hair cuts and a moustache.

But that's why I buy them?

Posted by: 6853 ()
Date: May 10, 2009 01:49

t shirt is a must ... wear them for christmas smiling smiley

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: May 11, 2009 16:04

After I saw them for the first time I wore my BTB Tour Shirt for over a week straight - I refused to take it off and have it washed........I was THAT blown away, and as I've said before............hence an obsession was conceived.....

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: May 11, 2009 16:21

Bimmelzerbott

lol - sounds like the majority of the IORR membership spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: atip ()
Date: May 11, 2009 17:14

Bootlegs, man! Most of mine are the cheap shirts sold in the street or parking lot. They hold up OK, and as lots of you are stating, they don't get worn very much.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: May 11, 2009 17:22

"But it suits well for overweighted middle aged dads and retarded male virgins with bad hair cuts and a moustache."

Did someone mention Mexico and Stone?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 11, 2009 17:37

VoodooLounge13
After I saw them for the first time I wore my BTB Tour Shirt for over a week straight - I refused to take it off and have it washed........I was THAT blown away,

I'm sure you weren't the only one who was 'blown away'. eye popping smileyChrist.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: May 11, 2009 17:39

Now why do I detect a sense of sarcasm there, Gaz?? LOL I like to look back at that first Stones concert as a Rite of Passage of sorts....transforming me into the modern-day music aficiondo I am.......

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 11, 2009 17:42

LOL..whereas I tend to look back at it simply as you being an unwashed, smelly git at the time...

tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 11, 2009 17:54

I have two or three large boxes of Stones T-shirts at home. Probably hundreds. I used to buy each and every one of them, but I never wear them, they are too valuable for me, and then also never wear any Stones or branding T-shirts at all, it would make it harder to get places I want to slide in without being seen, like hotels, restricted areas etc.

First I bought all the official stuff. During the 70's and 80s. Then for the 1989 tour they had more than one. I bought them all. Then during 94/95 there was a lot. I bough lots. Then they had one per venue for Bridges To Babylon. I stopped buying every one, only special shows, like clubs etc. These days I buy only one or few T-shirts per tour.

When I die they will dig a hole like 30 feet deep and put me down there then all my T-shirts and vinyl and CD's and other stuff, ticket stubs, picks, passes and so on. It's just thinks you know. Stuff. We don't need stuff. All we need is the music. The band. Get them on tour. Shows. That's my investment these days. See them live. That's all I need.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Britney ()
Date: May 11, 2009 20:02

Nope

Posted by: caroogie ()
Date: May 12, 2009 01:55

Unfortunately, going to a concert is no longer a must.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: May 12, 2009 03:27

"There is one on ebay as we speak"?

That's as bad as actually typing out "Like, you know?"

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: May 12, 2009 03:43

Bimmelzerbott

haha, good one...LOL

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: May 12, 2009 12:10

bv
When I die they will dig a hole like 30 feet deep and put me down there then all my T-shirts and vinyl and CD's and other stuff, ticket stubs, picks, passes and so on. It's just thinks you know. Stuff. We don't need stuff. All we need is the music. The band. Get them on tour. Shows. That's my investment these days. See them live. That's all I need.

I've got a little more than 100 t's, 5 jackets, 10 bags etc. (picks, passes, wristbands, laminates, set lists, tickets, etc) I sometimes use the bags, but never wear the T-shirts. I've decided to donate all my Stones stuff to the local Rock museum. It's way to nice stuff to join me in my coffin. That's reserved for me and the worms. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
Giving some thought to who's going to inherit one's Stones-collection is a good idea. Unless your kids are huge fans, and can apreciate the items, donating it to a museum (depending on the quality of the collection) is a good idea.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: May 12, 2009 12:44

One I always wanted was the white top with diamante tongue that you can see Mick Taylor is waring in some pix of the 70s.

Was that on sale as the time?

C

Posted by: Bobby Keys ()
Date: May 13, 2009 20:59

skipstone
"There is one on ebay as we speak"?

That's as bad as actually typing out "Like, you know?"

Skippy ,

Is you an English perfesser or sumpin' ?

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: May 13, 2009 21:05

i refuse to buy my clothes at concerts. sorta like i refuse to eat at the target counter. a man must live a principled life....or something.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 13, 2009 21:38

oh yeah .i have to get the event shirt for the stones show that i am seeing and if i dont i am not a happy camper. you know just another excuse to willingly fork over my dineros to mick/cohl .not a joke.

Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: May 14, 2009 00:06

I'm (I'm male) wearing t-shirts instead of no-sleeve-underwear since my childhood in the 70s underneath. And for sure, this includes Stones t-shirts (well, some other groups and this or that from motorsports joined in the meantime). I'm even a bit superstitious and sort out special t-shirts for special occasions. My favourite - though it doesn't fit anymore - is the Dragon from 1982 that's swimming from the Americas to Europe. Dear Mr Undertaker, put it on me somehow...

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1302
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home