Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Mick Jagger's concert the May 21 in France.
Posted by: Shezeboss ()
Date: May 7, 2009 21:00

A private concert of Mick in Cannes with Mr Dave Stewart ! Source : Paris-Match. I hope it's true !

Re: Mick Jagger's concert the May 21 in France.
Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: May 7, 2009 21:33

Paris -Match is crap most of the time .

Make a hit festival ? Yes we "Cannes "

[entertainment.timesonline.co.uk]

This year it’s the amfAR gala on May 21, with Annie Lennox booked to sing for Clinton and Stone. Mere mortals will be excluded. “Increasingly you find that companies are moving away from the idea of parties,” Jonathan Rutter, a leading UK film publicist (and Cannes veteran), explains. “Instead, they prefer to do private dinners for the cast of the film they’re representing and for the distributors who’ve bought it.”

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: Sici ()
Date: May 12, 2009 13:14

Some news?
Sici

Date: May 12, 2009 13:52

Sici
Some news?
Sici

[cannes-2009.parismatch.com]

In French :
[www.mjjprocessor.com]
[www.ipernity.com]

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: May 12, 2009 15:18

My French is not so good. I know it says Mick will perform with Dave Stewart, but what's the rest of it say? Thank you for translating or paraphrasing.

Date: May 12, 2009 15:35

Ouppss ..sorry !

It says Jagger wil give a private concert at the VIP room with Dave Stewwart and will celebrate his union with Christian Audigier (you know,this french jet setter who lives in L.A )

Michael Jackson was also invited eye popping smiley so this could be a meeting 24 years after "State Of Shock ".

"Michael Jackson et Mick Jagger reprendront-ils « State of Shock », leur unique hit commun, à la fête anniversaire qu’organisera Christian Audigier au Vip Room le 21 mai."

Date: May 12, 2009 15:55

Thanks! I'll be curious if they play anything new. It seems a bit early to debut anything from the UN benefit disc, but you never know. Maybe at least "Old Habits Die Hard" will get a live performance.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-05-12 15:55 by Rocky Dijon.

Date: May 13, 2009 11:27

I've read Audigier will spend 1 million dollar for the two guests (Jagger & Jackson ) + 1 million euros for the entertainement stuff.

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: May 13, 2009 12:09

The big question is: Will they check the attending celebs for hidden recording devices? ;-)

Posted by: TrulyMicks ()
Date: May 14, 2009 19:53

billwebster
The big question is: Will they check the attending celebs for hidden recording devices? ;-)

I hope so! lol
Anymore news on this? Haven't Mick and Stewart been in LA together? Maybe they'll play something new they've been working on.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: May 14, 2009 21:33

I thought Dave Stewart retired from the Oakland As some years ago.

p

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: May 14, 2009 22:00

I would hope he would stay away from ANYTHING that Jackson might show up to!

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: May 15, 2009 01:21

TrulyMicks
billwebster

I hope so! lol
Anymore news on this? Haven't Mick and Stewart been in LA together? Maybe they'll play something new they've been working on.

Mick has been in LA for the past several weeks, and I believe he still is here recording with this new group of his which includes Dave Stewart and Joss Stone. I saw Mick at the second night of Jeff Beck's concerts at the El Rey theater a few weeks back where Joss sang on satge with Beck.

Posted by: TrulyMicks ()
Date: May 15, 2009 16:41

Halup
TrulyMicks
billwebster

I hope so! lol

Mick has been in LA for the past several weeks, and I believe he still is here recording with this new group of his which includes Dave Stewart and Joss Stone. I saw Mick at the second night of Jeff Beck's concerts at the El Rey theater a few weeks back where Joss sang on satge with Beck.

Cool......Mick's a busy man! I'm looking forward to hearing what they're working on.

Date: May 19, 2009 16:12

Anyone on IORR able to attend this show?

Date: May 19, 2009 16:53

Rocky Dijon
Anyone on IORR able to attend this show?

In the last French news gossips ,Jagger would'nt come to Audigier birthday ,they are now talking about Prince ;

To get invitations (entry ) ,two choices :
1/ Thurday you can go to Cannes at the door of the VIP Room ;100 banners will be distribued ;then Audigier will draw 3 lots .

2/ Or thursday you can go to Cannes and wait at the entry with a poster " I Sleep "

Date: May 19, 2009 20:11

Thanks for the update even if its now non-newsworthy.

Date: May 19, 2009 20:36

A mail from a famous French "attaché de presse " ...grinning smiley

With the aim of the red carpet foreseen(planned) May 21st to the VIP ROOM of Cannes for Christian Audigier's anniversary(birthday), please make us cross(spend) your demands of accreditation TV and photos, so that we proceeded to your implementation and to your accreditations. Your presence will be required at midnight precise for an arrival of Christian Audigier and the personalities from 00:30 am. For cameras, please clarify if you wish to film only the red carpet or if you also wish a short interview of Christian Audigier. The access photo inside the club is not possible. The TV access will be ventilated on the whole evening ".

Posted by: bumbum ()
Date: May 22, 2009 00:34

Any news about the event this night?

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: May 22, 2009 01:47

Doesn't take much to remind me why I hate CANNES so much....

NICE and VILLEFRANCHE rule !!!

Date: May 28, 2009 16:14

bumbum
Any news about the event this night?

Jagger was in Cannes but not at the VIP Room .

New girlfriend uh ?

An intimate group of Hollywood heavyweights gathered on the upper terrace of the Hôtel du Cap Eden Roc Saturday night to toast the good life—and Charles Finch’s newspaper, Finch’s Quarterly Review.

Producer Lawrence Bender, ICM head Jeff Berg, WMA’s Cassian Elwes, Martin Scorsese, Mick Jagger and Ralph Fiennes joined the festival’s Renaissance man for an intimate dinner.

And though all the yachts docked in the sea below would suggest otherwise, Harvey Weinstein said that this year’s festival has been low key. “There have been 10 less parties every night here this year, which is a great thing,” said the producer, before greeting Rachel Weisz, who was wearing Marchesa.

Elizabeth Banks, who’s been in the spotlight here as one of L’Oréal Paris’ new spokeswomen, shivered near a heat lamp, while Jagger was busy shrugging off rumors that he was due to sing at a party this week. Cannes, he said, was never really the Rolling Stones’ style anyway. “It’s the sort of thing we avoided, really, I don’t really have any memories of coming down here in the Brigitte Bardot days and all that,” he drawled.

A wet-haired Matthew Modine, who earlier had been for a dip in the sea, had the air of a young boy on a summer holiday. “I was playing tennis with Charles earlier, they have these wonderful clay courts here which is such a gentler way to play,” he beamed.

Nearby, Fiennes chatted about his next role in the remake of “Clash of the Titans,” in which he’ll play Hades. “The god of the underworld,” he said, with an impish glint. “My costume will look like it’s been buried underground for a long time.”

[www.wwd.com]

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: May 28, 2009 18:41

"Elizabeth Banks, who’s been in the spotlight here as one of L’Oréal Paris’ new spokeswomen, shivered near a heat lamp, while Jagger was busy shrugging off rumors that he was due to sing at a party this week. Cannes, he said, was never really the Rolling Stones’ style anyway. “It’s the sort of thing we avoided, really, I don’t really have any memories of coming down here in the Brigitte Bardot days and all that,” he drawled."

A little blow at U2?

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: May 28, 2009 19:08

Elizabeth Banks, who’s been in the spotlight here as one of L’Oréal Paris’ new spokeswomen, shivered near a heat lamp, while Jagger was busy shrugging off rumors that he was due to sing at a party this week. Cannes, he said, was never really the Rolling Stones’ style anyway. “It’s the sort of thing we avoided, really, I don’t really have any memories of coming down here in the Brigitte Bardot days and all that,” he drawled.

So he never kissed any c*nt in Cannes afterall?spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2086
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home