Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Coldplay release a free live album
Posted by: Mabru ()
Date: May 1, 2009 16:51

Good morning. We're pleased to announce that Coldplay will be giving away a live CD, LeftRightLeftRightLeft, at every remaining live show in 2009 (apart from festival shows). Starting with the band's first North American tour date, at West Palm Beach in Florida on May 15th, every fan attending a show will be given a free copy of the nine-track CD, which won't be available elsewhere. Also on May 15th, LeftRightLeftRightLeft will be made available as a free download right here at Coldplay.com, for all fans (and for the same time period).

According to the band, the give-away is meant as a recession-busting mark of gratitude to everyone who's supported them: "Playing live is what we love. This album is a thank you to our fans – the people who give us a reason to do it and make it happen."

The album was recorded over the past year in various cities around the world on the Viva La Vida tour. Its tracklisting is as follows:

1. Glass of Water
2. 42
3. Clocks
4. Strawberry Swing
5. The Hardest Part/Postcards From Far Away
6. Viva La Vida
7. Death Will Never Conquer
8. Fix You
9. Death And All His Friends

Source: Coldplay.com

A nice gift from the band. Even more when you've have visited their last tour. smiling smiley

Re: OT: Coldplay release a free live album
Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: May 1, 2009 17:49

horrible band, good marketing.
can you imagine, how many people will download it and then realize they like some songs and eventually buy a recent coldplay CD? Priceless...of course, the Stones would never do anything like that.

Posted by: UGot2Rollme ()
Date: May 1, 2009 18:12

thanks for the heads up. I'm seeing them in September, but will probably download it before that

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: May 1, 2009 19:23

I was dragged to one of the shows on their last tour. I loathe their studio stuff, but they put on a great live performance. A band that sounds it's best if you are in the room with them.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: May 1, 2009 19:44

Really?

What could they be doing live on stage that they're not doing on CD?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1863
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home