Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

IORR Awards
Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: April 29, 2009 21:29

Harlem Shuffler senses restlessness on this site. Could the answer be to decide what awards would be bestowed if IORR chose so to do?

As we all know,the site has already given us a chance to vote on best Stones album etc. so can you suggest any other category to honour (or dishonour) the Stones?

Also, what about single/album of the year by someone other than the Stones?

Finally,I humbly submit the category of Worst Act Ever. My vote would be for U2 and James Blunt - 1st equal.

Pip pip, old beans!

Re: IORR Awards
Posted by: lettingitbleed ()
Date: April 29, 2009 21:37

Album of the year for 2008: Metallica- Death Magnetic

You are on the right track with U2 and Blunt, although I know many folks here are in love with U2...for reasons I will never understand. (pop band, not a rock band) There are too many lame bands/artists to name one the king.

Posted by: dimrstone ()
Date: April 30, 2009 00:48

Album of the year for 2009: Bob Dylan - Together Through Life

Posted by: stoneswashed77 ()
Date: April 30, 2009 12:01

death magnetic best album?
u2 and blunt worst ever?

good to see you are so objective and have a broad musical knowledge.

Date: April 30, 2009 20:17

Re U2 and Blunt in above post, I relish the compliment.

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: April 30, 2009 20:26

The worst = U2
The best = JJ Cale "Roll on" (with a special mention to "Down to Memphis)

HMN

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-04-30 20:39 by Honestman.

Date: May 1, 2009 22:34

Oops! I should have put Coldplay 1st Equal with Blunt. Good news for U2 - they're now only the 3rd worst act.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 1, 2009 22:50

Harlem Shuffler
Harlem Shuffler senses restlessness on this site. Could the answer be to decide what awards would be bestowed if IORR chose so to do?

As we all know,the site has already given us a chance to vote on best Stones album etc. so can you suggest any other category to honour (or dishonour) the Stones?

Also, what about single/album of the year by someone other than the Stones?

That would suggest that the Stones actually make singles/albums, which doesnt tend to happen.

Date: May 2, 2009 20:58

Don't catch your drift, Gazza. If you mean the Stones don't bring out new material that often these days,of course you are right.
It would be interesting nonetheless to see what Stones fans voted for as far as other artists are concerned. Well, I think it would anyway.
There's always the chance of finding out about other worthwile music that otherwise might have escaped one's attention.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 2, 2009 22:54

Point was that its a bit redundant to have a "Single/album of the year" award for acts OTHER than the Stones when the Stones havent made a record for four years.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 2, 2009 22:54

When compared to the current crop of metal albums Metallica may pass as geniuses. But overall "Death Magnetic" is only average...
And recent 07-09 Metallica shows are a disgrace. The plethora of SB tapes made available by the band are solid proofs.
Listen to what they did in 1996 and you'll see what I mean...

Best album of 2009? GONNA be Neil Young's "Archives" winking smiley

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: May 3, 2009 00:30

what about awards/dishonours amongst our own membership? thats what i thought of when i first saw the post title

p

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: May 3, 2009 00:39

Please, not another awards show! moody smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1707
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home