Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Stones Pictures from Roger Barone
Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: April 25, 2009 19:07

Every day I discover some new stuff about my favorite band .

Here are some pictures I have never seen /saw ,thanks Mr Barone :

[www.rogerbarone.com]

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-05-13 10:58 by SwayStones.

Re: Stones Pictures from Roger Barone( Philadelphia )
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: April 25, 2009 19:10

Bill pulling a nanker? Never seen that before!

Re: Stones Pictures from Roger Barone( Philadelphia )
Date: May 12, 2009 02:47

bump

Re: Stones Pictures from Roger Barone
Posted by: melillo ()
Date: May 12, 2009 04:09

nice, mick looks like a freak in that 78 pic

Date: May 12, 2009 14:03

I had not noticed the one on which Jagger is throwing a guitar in the air ,when and where was it ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-05-13 10:59 by SwayStones.

Posted by: photosfromphilly ()
Date: May 13, 2009 05:20

Sway,

Could you please remove this photo until I get my copyright notice on it. My work is being stolen from me ... I had just posted a lot of these and didn't expect them to be on web sites. Once I reformat them, you could post them, or link them to my web site as the Wyman photo is....

Thanks,

roger barone photographer

Although I want to share my photos with stones fans, I certainly wouldn't appreciate someone stealing them, altering them and claiming them as their art. Hope you can understand my position.

thanks

Date: May 13, 2009 05:23

Sway,

I meant all of those photos ... I've already added my copyright notice to a few of them, so I'd hope you use them instead. My preference is linking to the image on my site.

thanks
apologies for the redundancy, but i made an error in my first post.

roger

Date: May 13, 2009 10:57

Hello Mr Barone , I removed the pictures as you asked me to.
I am sorry I didn't noticed some of them didn't have yet a copyright on it ,and I thought that your web site link will be enought garantees .

I always try to be very respectful with photographers works .Sorry again and I will be very careful next time .

I take advantage for you to read me to say how I did apreciate your pics !
Best regards from Sway .

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-05-13 11:05 by SwayStones.

Date: May 13, 2009 14:17

Sway,

Thank you for your consideration regarding my work. Send me your address at my web site. I would like to send you a Stones photo. www.rogerbarone.com

sincerely,
roger

Date: July 27, 2009 11:23

2 months later....

Sorry ,I might be stupid ,but I still can't get the point.
I always try to be respectful with the photographers 'work by writing the photographers' name but sometimes I just find on internet some pictures without copyright.

So I removed the photos as Mr Barone asked for it...But I can see that some of Mr Barone's pics on the above web link still don't have copyright across it (them) so who can explain me how I can do if I want to use it on this board ? He said some of his work was stolen to him and still no protection.
As he didn't put yet his name across the pics ,everybody can use them by crediting him right ? Or not ? How does work the enjoyment and protection of rights?

Let me know please 'cause I wanna to open a thread about another great photographer and I am getting upset ....sad smiley

Thanks to all !

Date: July 27, 2009 13:15

Try linking the pics directly from the photographer's site rather than uploading them to a photo-sharing site.
At least then, if the photographer decides to add his/her copyright, it will show up here.

Make sure that nowhere on the photographer's site states that he/she does not want the pics reproduced.
You can send me an e-mail if you want: edithgrove102@hotmail.com

Date: July 27, 2009 15:27

Thanks Edith Grove !You can check your mail box.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: July 27, 2009 21:57

Sway, just beeing curious.
Did you ever hear from Mr. Baron again (reg. that photo)?

Date: July 28, 2009 15:04

CousinC
Sway, just beeing curious.
Did you ever hear from Mr. Baron again (reg. that photo)?

NO.
I first though Mr Barone was busy and forgot the promisses he made to a French woman above the Atlantic ocean ....so I sent him another e-mail asking him if he ever received my postal adress as he asked for ...Nothing ,no answer.

Mr Barone 's wallpaper was full of Stones tongue logos ,which made the reading very difficult...and I answered back using the same mail.

I didn't change my mind about Mr Barone work and I often read his blog -not only for the Stones photos but also for the great reviews about these music bands .

Mr Barone,You should not allow the "right click "with the mouse and you will be safe.

Hope I wasn't too rude.
Best regards always ,Sway.

Post edited after the misunderstandings became clear.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-09-07 16:47 by SwayStones.

Date: August 5, 2009 17:19

Dear Sway,

I apologize for this tardy response. I had intended to send you some photos because you respected and acknowledged my request to remove the unprotected photos from this site.

I had a big problem reading your messages because of all the tongue logos on the note. It took a long time just to discover who sent it.

As a previous poster noted, the best way to post photos without offending anyone is to simply post a link to my web site. Yes, it's true that I haven't affixed notices on all of them, and someday I might have time to.

For now, I'm content to apply the notices on the most significant pictures in my collection, and large file images that are most likely to reproduce well.

I WANT people to see the photos I've taken. I want to share them...I'm as big a rolling stones fan as anyone, but I've learned some very hard and painful lessons about intellectual property theft as well.

Send me your address in a simple email without the tongues and I will send some photos to you.

Here's a blog I've been working on, too. You might find it just as interesting.

www.photosfromphilly.wordpress.com

Once again, I apologize for your feeling a bit foolish at my expense, and I also thank you once again for respecting my requests.

roger barone philadelphia usa

Date: August 6, 2009 02:44

Bump up for Sway.

I don't think Sway has been on the board for a few days.

Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: August 6, 2009 04:57

thank you for posting

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: August 6, 2009 10:55

>> everybody can use them by crediting him right ? <<

of course it's a courtesy to credit the photographers - that's the least we can do, since it's their work we're enjoying.
but it isn't the case that anything we find on the internet without a copyright notice plastered across it is up for grabs.
obviously it's woefully difficult for photographers to protect their work once it's on the internet,
but it's still protected by copyright unless the photographer (or other copyright owner) specifically/explicitly waives that.

and yes, knowing all the above, i do still post photos that i don't own the rights to.
i do my best to credit them properly ... but that doesn't mean it's legally okay.

Posted by: njlstones815 ()
Date: August 6, 2009 12:38

Is he selling any prints of these?

Date: August 7, 2009 13:13

bump

Date: August 7, 2009 15:52

Thanks Edith Grove for the bumps !smileys with beer....for your explanations,your help too .And also for calm(ing) me down....
I've not been on the board for a few days,you're right (kinda Stones rehab ...)

I'll answer your mail ASAP .

photosfromphilly
Dear Sway,

I apologize for this tardy response. I had intended to send you some photos because you respected and acknowledged my request to remove the unprotected photos from this site.

I had a big problem reading your messages because of all the tongue logos on the note. It took a long time just to discover who sent it.

As a previous poster noted, the best way to post photos without offending anyone is to simply post a link to my web site. Yes, it's true that I haven't affixed notices on all of them, and someday I might have time to.

For now, I'm content to apply the notices on the most significant pictures in my collection, and large file images that are most likely to reproduce well.

I WANT people to see the photos I've taken. I want to share them...I'm as big a rolling stones fan as anyone, but I've learned some very hard and painful lessons about intellectual property theft as well.

Send me your address in a simple email without the tongues and I will send some photos to you.

Here's a blog I've been working on, too. You might find it just as interesting.

Once again, I apologize for your feeling a bit foolish at my expense, and I also thank you once again for respecting my requests.

roger barone philadelphia usa

Hello Mr Barone !

Coming back from a few days off,I was pleasantely surprised to read your answer on the board.I didn't expect it .
First of all ,I hope I wasn't too rude on my last post .Obviously ,I was mistaken and attributed you false intention (mostly because of a wrong understanding of the english langage ...I can easily read and understand your langage but i miss some niceties of it ...)

So I hope you will receive my apologies .

It's true ,I answered you back on your own e-mail ,that was quite difficult to read for me too because of the tongue logos .

Too bad you had to deal with "photos thieves" .
I am for sure a bit naïve ,but I can't imagine someone "authorshipping " himself for a work he didn't produce .It's sleazy ....

As I wrote before ,I never changed my mind about your work .Since I discovered your web site last April , I went on by reading your weblog .What a great job you've done ,not only on the Stones but on all these famous big bands I'm fond of (CSN & Y ...Alice Cooper ..Jethro Tull ....precious pics and comments ).

Thanks for your understanding .

Best regards ,
Sway.

rare backstage photo of jagger n billy preston backstage
Date: August 13, 2009 15:27

You might like this rare photo of Mick Jagger and Billy Preston arriving at the Spectrum in Philadelphia. I posted it on my blog yesterday. It's the first time it appeared anywhere. For some reason it attracted more viewers (staggering for my simple blog) than anything I've ever posted....

roger barone

Re: rare backstage photo of jagger n billy preston backstage
Date: August 14, 2009 03:09

Thanks, Roger !

Here's a link to click: [photosfromphilly.wordpress.com]

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: August 14, 2009 13:00

very nice, Roger Barone! thanks for all the splendid photos

if you don't mind a question ... a few weeks ago someone posted a scan of one of your april 30th 1975 shots
in another thread here: [www.iorr.org] (the third photo)
and i got intrigued by Keith's t-shirt - i guess it was on the 29th that he had on the t-shirt with kisses on it,
but what is the image on his shirt in that photo from the 30th? [peering hard]
it reminds me of that famous 1972 Annie Leibowitz shot of Keith blissed out in a chair -
although Keith doesn't normally wear t-shirts of himself, he has done it occasionally as a form of humour.
can you let us know if your other shots from that night show the t-shirt more clearly, please and thank you?

Date: August 15, 2009 19:47

sssoul,

I'll take a closer look at some pics and see what I come up with.

In the meantime, since everyone is enjoying these pics, here's one I scanned this morning. I have about 1500 stones shots in my collection, so I'll keep you guys busy. I might create a Rolling Stones in Philadelphia blog, since I'm receiving such an incredibly wonderful and SURPRISING amount of comments and viewers.

It took some 35 years, but you guys are making me famous! I saw some great Stones photos at the Morrison Hotel Gallery in New York on Thursday night. A Woodstock Anniversary exhibit was on display and Henry Diltz (CSNY, DOORS and WOOSTOCK photographer), Michael Lang (Woodstock promoter) and John Sebastian were onhand to sign books. The shots of Jagger were from the 1970 tour, some nice backstage shots, too.

Morrison Hotel Gallery is in the Old CBGB club, located at 313 Bowery Street, New York. A short distance from Chinatown.

wwww.photosfromphilly.wordpress.com

Date: August 18, 2009 17:44

Previously unpublished photo of Mick Jagger singing Midnight Rambler at the Spectrum on June 29, 1975,saturated in red lights, uploaded to "My Spectrum Memories" blog. Claire Brothers Sound and Lighting from Pennsylvania provided support for the TOTA 75.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: August 19, 2009 00:02

Thanx a lot for the photos, Roger! And I enjoyed very much going through your web-side!
Btw. Are you shure that guy beside Preston on the Stones arrive at Spectrum pic is Oli Brown?

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: August 19, 2009 01:23

who's the kid on the wild horse ?

Date: August 19, 2009 05:56

Cousin,

Thanks for pointing that out. In an earlier photo (jagger dancing up the ramp backstage), he is pictured with Ollie Brown. You are correct in questioning this ID, because it CAN'T be Brown.

I'll have to find out the other identities. I incorrectly assumed the guy with the Afro was Ollie Brown. Maybe he was a member of the Commodores or Parliament Funkadelics.

kid on wild horse: too much for me
Date: August 19, 2009 06:01

TOOMUCH,

If you're referring to the photo on my web site of a child riding the pony, it was Jimmy Jagger at the Philadelphia Zoo. He was wearing a Ghost Busters T-shirt.

I have decided to create a blog dedicated to the stones in philadelphia and vicinities.

thanks for viewing my site...there is A LOT MORE ON THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1542
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home