Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Bernard Fowler in NYC May 19th
Posted by: rlngstns ()
Date: April 23, 2009 18:35

Shake it with Bernard at the Knitting Factory!
May 19, 2009 - NYC

Bernard Fowler

Bernard Fowler's talents as a singer, songwriter, producer and instrumentalist have resonated through the span of his extraordinary career in the music industry. He has appeared on over 30 albums, most recently focusing his artistic energy onto his first solo project, Friends with Privileges. This critically acclaimed effort draws from his diverse influences, and exercises his wide-ranging, powerful vocals while coupling his unique brand of rock with stylish grooves.

Fowler's first success in the music industry came early in his career as a trailblazer of house music in the garage music era. As a member of the New York Citi Peech Boys, Fowler started his trend of musical experimentation with the club hit "Don't Make Me Wait." While collaborating with Herbie Hancock on Hancock's album Future Shock, he began his long-standing relationship Mick Jagger, contributing to Jagger's solo album She's the Boss. Fowler went on to appear on every Rolling Stones album from 1989's Steel Wheels to 2008's Shine A Light.

He has lent his inspired vocals on solo albums for Keith Richards and Ron Wood, as well as fronting two jazz albums for Charlie Watts, and producing two albums for Ron Wood. He has toured with The Rolling Stones to every continent, performing for massive audiences the world over. Fowler has also worked with members of Pearl Jam, Def Leppard, The Red Hot Chili Peppers, and The Neville Brothers as well as recorded and performed with Yoko Ono, Duran Duran, Herb Albert, Nicklebag, Robert Plant, Living Colour, Sly & Robbie, Johnnie Johnson and Bootsy Collins. While working on his next solo project, he continues to record and tour with the bands Tackhead and Bad Dog.

www.bernardfowler.com
Bernard Fowler Imeem page

Hey Fan Asylum VIP Travelers!

We have another great evening for all of our Stones fanatics out there. Bernard Fowler is performing your faves at the Knitting Factory in NYC on May 19th. Once again, we are teaming up with the Maysles Institute for a special VIP fundraiser event, including rarely seen clips from Gimme Shelter and other Maysles films!

Here's your chance to meet up with your fellow Stones travel package friends, *support a great cause AND rock out to familiar and new tunes with Bernard and special guests!

VIP Tickets are $350 each. Net proceeds will be donated to the Maysles Institute. A tax-deductible contribution letter will be issued for everyone.

Featuring
Bernard Fowler - Vocals
Waddy Wachtel - Guitar
Tariqh Akoni - Guitar
Phil Jones - Drums
Al Ortiz - Bass

The Knitting Factory
74 Leonard Street
New York, NY 10013

The VIP Ticket Includes:

Pre-show cocktail reception w/ Albert Maysles
Includes clips of rarely seen footage from Gimme Shelter, Grey Gardens and other amazing Maysles Films, plus an excerpt from Conversations with the Stones.

DVD copy of Gimme Shelter autographed by Albert Maysles

CD copy of Friends with Privileges autographed by Bernard Fowler

Lufthansa Heist - Opening band

Bernard Fowler and Special Guests

Exclusive travel package souvenir laminate
*These shows will benefit the Maysles Institute. Albert Maysles, considered a pioneer in direct-cinema, is a long-time friend of the Stones. He directed Gimme Shelter and other award winning films. Come and ask Albert all the questions you want to know about his experiences with the Stones while filming Gimme Shelter and working on Shine A Light. (The Stones had Scorsese, who is a long-time fan of Albert’s work, personally ask Albert to be the official documentarian of Shine A Light.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Purchase Online or Purchase via Phone:
1-415-575-6677 Mon-Fri, 1PM - 5PM Pacific Time

For great rates on hotel reservations, call these nearby hotels directly and mention: Fan Asylum. Call by May 1st. Based on availability:
Duane Street Hotel - call: 212.542.9307 - Modern & intimate boutique hotel
The Tribeca Grand - call: 212.519.6700 - Stylish and notable Tribeca hotel

Re: Bernard Fowler in NYC May 19th
Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: April 23, 2009 19:02

"He has toured with The Rolling Stones to every continent, performing for massive audiences the world over."

Did I miss their dates in Antarctica??? That quote always cracks me up!!

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: April 23, 2009 19:05

I wouldn't pay $350 to be in the front row of a Stones concert. Let alone pay it to go see one of their backup singerseye popping smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Stonernyc ()
Date: April 29, 2009 20:29

you can buy tickets at www.ticketweb.com for $18 in advance or $22 the day of the show. The $350 price is for fundraiser for the Maysles Institute, a pre-show thing from 6-7.
Also, Bernard is more than a Stones background singer. He is an amazing performer, and is incredibly talented on his own as well. Come and support him!

Posted by: mariannerl ()
Date: May 2, 2009 00:44

Our NYC night just got even hotter...We've just added Alexandra Richards to the mix - one of Keith's beautiful daughters. She'll be your special dj artist, mixing right from her table in your exclusive VIP seated balcony area. Great Keith connections going on...wonder who else might show up that night?

(mail from "fan asylum")

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: May 2, 2009 02:33

mariannerl
Our NYC night just got even hotter...We've just added Alexandra Richards to the mix - one of Keith's beautiful daughters. She'll be your special dj artist, mixing right from her table in your exclusive VIP seated balcony area. Great Keith connections going on...wonder who else might show up that night?

(mail from "fan asylum")

I guess ticket sales aren't going too well... that's lame.

Date: May 2, 2009 11:37

Yes, they sell VIP Packages for USD 295.00 instead of USD 350.00 .. but I would not say that's cheap at all.....

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: May 3, 2009 04:57

ok - i'm going. who else is going???

Date: May 4, 2009 22:56

This could be good...Do we know for a fact K.R. is in Turks etc then?
I might go. (If I can locate those airline tix I won -and misplaced sad smiley

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: May 4, 2009 23:34

Wanton Witch of the Côte
This could be good...Do we know for a fact K.R. is in Turks etc then?
I might go. (If I can locate those airline tix I won -and misplaced sad smiley

He'll be back by then. But he really hates it when people try to make money after launching a rumour that he'll be present.
And you can't blame him for that. Because that's pretty desperate.
No way am I paying $ 350 or 295 to see a band that features ONE of the backing vocalists, and a guy who played with Keith ages ago. Sorry Alexandra, listening to you playing records just doesn't do it for me...

Fan Asylum seem very desperate these days.eye rolling smiley

Posted by: socialdistortion ()
Date: May 4, 2009 23:55

Wow, keith's daughter will be there. Mixing some stupid rap music!!!?? Sign me up for 10 tickets!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date: May 4, 2009 23:59

Yeah, it's just ridiculous. A benefit for the Maysles institute - the guy who made Gimme Shelter - a benefit?
Had it been for Darfur og the poor Tamil regugees, I could have contributed. But this...

Posted by: oldkr ()
Date: May 5, 2009 00:01

actually the maysles institute do really great work for children who have one or both parents incarcerated.

OLDKR

Date: May 5, 2009 00:04

Oh, sorry, in that case - it's a good cause.
I thought it was just a benefit for him.
I heard he was pretty .. ah, pissed at someone after the "dinner" in NY 6 months or so ago. Threatened to cancel the next event etc. Guess he didn't mean it, then.

Date: May 5, 2009 07:52

Latest Addition to the Night: Theodora Richards!
Theo will join Alexandra over at the DJ table in your VIP lounge.
Lots of Keith Richards connections...

(fan asylum mail)

Date: May 13, 2009 06:50

"your" vip lounge? they're on the bill for the regular show, with tix only $18. i need the escape - i'm staying for a few days and am going to have a great week!

Posted by: donnarq1 ()
Date: May 13, 2009 07:04

Have a great time on the East Coast smiling smiley

Posted by: oldkr ()
Date: May 13, 2009 08:30

it was my understanding that theo wouldnt be there and that keith and patti have no intention of appearing....

OLDKR

Date: May 13, 2009 12:22

bernard is advertising both theo and alex...

[www.myspace.com]

Posted by: Sway714 ()
Date: May 15, 2009 16:00

.... Or B [ ]

Posted by: rlngstns ()
Date: May 15, 2009 17:56

little queenie
ok - i'm going. who else is going???

I'M there....see you there...
$350 i have no problem with....i will send in my tax receipt

Posted by: Sway714 ()
Date: May 18, 2009 13:39

Don't expect there to be any "Special Guests" .....It's a Tuesday nite and they have to get up early for work the next day.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2027
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home