Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Bill Wyman and Mick Taylor: How much will they make from the Universal Re-issues?
Date: April 23, 2009 21:59

jlowe
I did read that Pete Best (Beatles drummer, pre Ringo) made a very tidy sum out of the royalties he earned from being on a couple of Anthology CD tracks.
Perhpas Macca is more generous than Mick?

Pete Best made £1 million + from Anthology.

Re: Bill Wyman and Mick Taylor: How much will they make from the Universal Re-issues?
Posted by: Keefan ()
Date: April 23, 2009 23:08

jlowe
So when artists whinge about "never making a penny " and so on...they are being economical with the truth (in terms of performance royalties that is).
The Samll Faces and The Animals come to mind.
They were probably ripped off by crooked mangers but should have still earned a reasonable income, by anyones standards?

I met Sylvain Sylvain of the New York Dolls once, and he joked about how even though they were a Jewish band they still got royally screwed by the record company. At least he had a sense of humor about it!

Apologies if anyone's already brought this up, but I found an interview with Bill Wyman, where he says he can't live off his Stones' royalties. (I imagine that I could live off of his royalties easily, but I guess its a matter of your lifestyle). He said that was one of the reasons he formed the Rhythm Kings, so he could keep making money.

Here's a link to the interview:

Bill Wyman: I can't live off the Stones royalties

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-04-23 23:10 by Keefan.

Date: April 24, 2009 06:51

My hat is off to the Beatles for giving Pete Best that retirement bonus

Posted by: oldkr ()
Date: April 24, 2009 07:05

so has anyone pointed out that taylor was a generation ago and wyman half a generation ago? No longer relevant.

OLDKR

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: April 24, 2009 15:06

Yes, I also recall another interview with Bill where he said he received in the region of £500,000 annual income from Stones loyalties.As Bill is known to check his bank statements, he must know!
I would have thought his Rythmn Kings is more for enjoyment than keeping the wolves away.
I'm sure his "small nest egg" as quoted in the Stones is a very tidy sum indeed.

IF (and I know from previous comments on this thread its a big if) Mick Taylor is receiving royalties at the same rates as Bill, his income should be at least £50,000 per annum (i.e 10% of Bill's).

Posted by: Barn Owl ()
Date: April 24, 2009 16:07

oldkr
so has anyone pointed out that taylor was a generation ago and wyman half a generation ago? No longer relevant.

OLDKR

...yes, they are.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1735
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home