Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6
Re: BLONDIE CHAPLIN-tour Germany - Norway, iorr-summit Oslo -BV the quizmaster
Posted by: Lilla Chinchilla ()
Date: May 26, 2009 20:22

Addicted, could you please contact me?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-05-26 22:23 by Lilla Chinchilla.

Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: May 26, 2009 21:40

Regensburg and Berlin - what kind of "geography" of Germany is that?! Is there anyone out there influential enough to suggest the Batschkapp in Frankfurt to Blondie, for example?!

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: May 26, 2009 21:47

JJHMick
Regensburg and Berlin - what kind of "geography" of Germany is that?! Is there anyone out there influential enough to suggest the Batschkapp in Frankfurt to Blondie, for example?!
Will speak with his little team of German helpers. I only deal with Scandinavia.

Date: May 26, 2009 21:47

Du har fått mejl, Lilla Chinchilla!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-05-26 21:49 by Addicted.

Date: May 26, 2009 21:52

Addicted
JJHMick
Will speak with his little team of German helpers.

Yabba-dabba-doo!

Date: May 26, 2009 22:27

Kein Problem, mein Freund! Ich rufe die Deutschen Morgen früh!
Vielleicht ist es zu spät in Juni was zu tun, aber er kommt wieder in August zurück. Schönes Abend, JJHMick!

Posted by: Heartbraker ()
Date: May 26, 2009 23:13

hehe,Addicted,"heartbreaker was already taken when I joined this forum a few years ago,so I decided for a typo..likte du det?since wè´re into this languagethingspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Thanks for the info anyway,you´re doing a great jobsmiling smiley

Posted by: Heartbraker ()
Date: May 26, 2009 23:18

one more thing:I´m also a norwegian, like you, and quite proud too,in case you misunderstood,hehe

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: May 27, 2009 01:07

Another cool night out seeing Blondie - except for the weather^^
dang! tropical 32 °C in the afternoon, then thunderstorm and heavy rain. now it's down to 19°C and still raining.....Pressure Drop...pressure drop

Anyway this show was for the sound, very nice indeed, opposed to last night, which was a private and intimate event and quite some interesting talking.
glad i got to see both.

Blondie @ Fritzclub, Berlin

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: May 27, 2009 01:58

JJHMick

Batschkapp is good but I think Sinkkasten would be the right place for Blondie.
if Rudi still runs it, I'm sure they'd be happy to have Blondie in the house.
hey JJHMick, are you from Frankfurt?

Date: May 27, 2009 10:35

open-g
JJHMick

Batschkapp is good but I think Sinkkasten would be the right place for Blondie.
if Rudi still runs it, I'm sure they'd be happy to have Blondie in the house.
hey JJHMick, are you from Frankfurt?

I'm from Gießen (50 miles/65 km north). But I am "modest" enough to propose something more central like Frankfurt. Batschkapp was just a suggestion, but Sinkkasten is, of course, very good too. I saw Chuck Leavell and Mick Taylor (twice I think) there. Bill played the Batschkapp.

Date: May 27, 2009 12:50

Heartbraker
hehe,Addicted,"heartbreaker was already taken when I joined this forum a few years ago,so I decided for a typo..likte du det?since wè´re into this languagethingspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Thanks for the info anyway,you´re doing a great jobsmiling smiley

No problems here! Ja, veldig bra navn - hjertebrems er mer sjarmerende enn hjerteknuser!
Ikke noe problem for meg å være norsk, men jeg har problemer med norsk selvgodhet og nasjonalisme.
Welcome to join us at the Hard Rock Cafe, Norwegian Wood or other places Blondie's playing.

Date: May 27, 2009 12:52

open-g
Another cool night out seeing Blondie - except for the weather^^
dang! tropical 32 °C in the afternoon, then thunderstorm and heavy rain. now it's down to 19°C and still raining.....Pressure Drop...pressure drop

Anyway this show was for the sound, very nice indeed, opposed to last night, which was a private and intimate event and quite some interesting talking.
glad i got to see both.

Blondie @ Fritzclub, Berlin

Thanks for posting open-g!!!
Glad you enjoyed the shows. I will speak with his German team and pass on your recomendations on where to play. Thanks for your help!

Date: May 27, 2009 12:55

JJHMick! Thanks for your help and tips about where to play. I'll pass it on to his German team. I only book gigs in Scandinavia, and now we're gonna start booking Blondie (and perhaps a few others, too) in Sweden.
Lilla Chinchilla - THANKS! for your kind help and support! See you!

Date: May 27, 2009 16:39

Here's the festivalprogramme for Norwegian Wood, where Blondie's playing Saturday

[norwegianwood.no]

They're updating it today...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-05-28 13:41 by Addicted.

Date: May 28, 2009 22:41

In order to get an idea of how many people from IORR are going to the release party at Hard Rock cafe in Oslo, we'd like to know who's going. There will be a special area, FOS - the best tables in the restaurant - for IORR.
See BV's announcement on the news section. (Blondie Chaplin - IORR party, Oslo

If you're comming, please give us a hint. We just want to be sure that people from IORR get the best seats.

Date: May 29, 2009 10:52

bump...

Date: May 31, 2009 12:24

Don't forget Blondie's gigs in Regensburg June 2nd and 3rd!

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: June 1, 2009 20:23

[shidoobeewithstonesdoug.yuku.com]

The Flame, The Byrds, The Band, The Beach Boys, The Rolling Stones, They're all Blondie's bands!

He's the only person who's been a member of The Flame, The Byrds, The Beach Boys, The Band and The Rolling Stones.
Blondie Chaplin is still touring and recording with The Stones, and has done so since 1994.
Blondie Chaplin is from South Africa, (born July 7th 1951) the son of a Zulu princess, and on his father's side he's related to his band mate, Rolling Stones drummer Charlie Watts.
Blondie left his native South Africa at 15. The apartheid regime made life tough for a young rock musician, and also for the majority of the population.
So Blondie, and his band, The Flame, left for London, where Carl Wilson discovered them during a performance. Wilson signed The Flame to The Beach Boys own record company, Brother Records.
After a couple of years in the UK, he was asked to join The Beach Boys as a singer and guitarist, so he headed off to the US, and has lived there ever since.
He now resides in Los Angeles, with his wife and daughter. Close to Keith During the late 1980's, Blondie toured with The Band, replacing some of Richard Manuel's vocals, and playing guitar.

For quite a few years, he's been a close friend of Keith Richards of The Rolling Stones.
Keith included Blondie Chaplin on his very personal reggae project: The Wingless Angels, recorded at Keith's house in Ocho Rios, Jamaica, and before the 1997/98 "Bridges to Babylon" tour, he was asked to join Keith's band, The Rolling Stones.
And Blondie was happy to! He's been on every tour and album since then and never missed a gig…
He's popular among the boys and is one of very few people who are great friends with all four Stones.
Among Blondie's favourite things to do is exploring the history of the blues, preferably with connoisseur for the blues, Keith. Shopping for carpets, rugs and kelims is another favourite. All band members are passionate collectors of such items.
He was recently in New York, working on material in a recording studio with Keith Richards. The only thing Blondie's willing to comment on is: "Yeah, we played music and had a few drinks." They didn't leave the studio for a week!
A new Stones tour of Asia is rumoured to happen late this year, and then there's rumours of a tour of Europe and the US in 2010, and perhaps the opening show for the London Olympics in 2012 will see the Stones celebrating their 50th anniversary.
Solo work Blondie has an interesting solo career and has released three albums, so far. The most recent, "Between Us", came out in 2006.
He's been doing studio work on his fourth solo album this spring, between recording sessions with some of his band mates, like Ronnie Wood and Bernard Fowler.
The new solo album is scheduled for release this summer.

Blondie in Norway
Blondie Chaplin will be in Norway between June 5th and June 29th. Blondie will be accompanied by Dutch-Norwegian Pieter Kentrop on vocals and guitar.
He'll be performing songs from his solo albums as well as Rolling Stones classics.
He has done a couple of shows in Norway previously. Hønefoss - a crowd of 600, sold out 2 weeks in advance. Bekkestua: Onkel Blaa - full house.

For more information about Blondie: www.blondiechaplin.com Or: Wikipedia.com

The Stones about Blondie: Ronnie Wood: - Blondie's great, both as a singer and guitar player.
He's very useful when it comes to filling in on some songs. It doesn't tie us down, it broadens our range.
It gives you a new sort of freedom when a defined part of a song is covered by the back up singers or the horns.
It gives you the opportunity to find the one exact tone, or a certain riff, because you're always certain that they're covering your ass.
Charlie Watts: Keith takes things a lot more relaxed. He's just fine with songs that have been lying there for years, marinating, though he has some recordings with fragments and ideas, that he's recorded himself or with Blondie Chaplin.
They're usually fantastic, magical little pieces. Wonderful moments.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-06-01 20:43 by erikjjf.

Date: June 1, 2009 20:25

Everyone in or around Bavaria - Bayern - Deutschland: Get ready for Blondie Chaplin's concert with some wonderful musicians from The House of Rock Tuesday and Wednesday!
Enjoy!

Date: June 2, 2009 11:58

Tonight in Bavaria, Regensburg, Blondie in concert! If you can't be there...
On June 13th - I'm hoping to present Blondie live on stage to the entire world.
Blondie's concert at the festival Norwegian Wood in Oslo will be broadcast on web tv, and NRK (The national public broadcaster) is going to record the whole event. Details will follow.
(Also about how you can tune in and see Blondie Chaplin and friends live)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-06-02 13:06 by Addicted.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: June 2, 2009 14:50

Nice story Erik, thanks

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: June 2, 2009 14:51

... Blondie's concert at the festival Norwegian Wood in Oslo will be broadcast on web tv ...

Alright, good news. Thanks Addicted

-------------------

Date: June 3, 2009 13:56

First post is up-dated with link to WEB TV of Blondie's concert at the Norwegian Wood Festival in Oslo on June 13th.
If you want to see the concert live on June 13th at 14.00 CET, please go to: www.nrk.no/musikk
and follow instructions.

Also two more shows added. Not quite confirmed, but I'm hoping they will be today.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2009-06-03 14:30 by Addicted.

Date: June 4, 2009 14:59

Don't forget:
Friday June 5th
Blondie Chaplin at
Onkel Blaa,

Bekkestua
Norway Blondie will be signing albums after the show.

Date: June 5, 2009 09:21

On my way to pick up Blondie at the airport now!
Just wanted to tell you that the audience reactions at the Regensburg shows are very positive indeed!
So I guess we're in for a good time tonight at Onkel Blaa, Bekkestua, Norway.

Here's a link to what the local newspaper writes today: [www.budstikka.no]

These two guys, and a SURPRISE GUEST, on stage from 21.00 local time...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-06-05 09:25 by Addicted.

Date: June 5, 2009 18:13

Have a good time Addicted

-------------------

Date: June 7, 2009 18:42

Thanks, Rolling Hansie!
We really had a good time. Good show, with a special guest appearance by Blondies best pal over here, the festival boss of Norwegian Wood, Mr. Jörgen Roll. Sang with Blondie and Pieter on No Expectations, Wild Horses, Let it Bleed, Dead Flowers and Waiting on a Friend! Very charming! The crowd loved it and it turned out like a big, happy family gathering. Extremely many Stones T-shirts there, and that's why Blondie changed his set list in the last minute.
Blondie did a lot of the songs from his "Between Us" album, and a jazzy version of Jumping Jack Flash, that the crowd loved a lot. This was a one off-show. I doubt that he'll ever do this many Stones-songs again, except when he's on stage with the Stones!
Blondie's busy doing interviews promoting two festivals he's doing this upcomming week. Rehearsals with his local band etc. Will post pictures here later.
Don't forget the shows on Friday, Saturday and Sunday! See first post for details!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-06-08 10:38 by Addicted.

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: June 7, 2009 22:12

Addicted
In order to get an idea of how many people from IORR are going to the release party at Hard Rock cafe in Oslo, we'd like to know who's going. There will be a special area, FOS - the best tables in the restaurant - for IORR.
See BV's announcement on the news section. (Blondie Chaplin - IORR party, Oslo

If you're comming, please give us a hint. We just want to be sure that people from IORR get the best seats.

I will definitely be there! Glad to hear the gig at Onkel Blaa went well.
Really looking forward to hear Blondie sing and play again.

Date: June 8, 2009 10:19

Will be a pleasure to see you there, The Worst!
Blondie says hi, and is looking forward to meeting you again. We had a great time back in November! He just went out for a walk.
Rehearsal night comming up. Be prepared for surprises at Norwegian Wood!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-06-08 10:39 by Addicted.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1861
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home