Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: the stones should gho to see ACDC live
Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: April 12, 2009 21:52

mexicostone

ANYONE who can play basic guitar can play like Malcolm

NONSENSE!!!!
believe me i've seen (and heard) fantastic session-musicians play acdc and it fuc king sucked! find me someone who nails those rhythms like he does. find me a tighter rhythm section than acdc has....you'll have to search for a longlong time!
to really nail an acdc track you have to bee a @#$%&.ing pro!!!

Posted by: NorthShoreBlues2 ()
Date: April 13, 2009 04:08

mexicostone
Well , if i would have said The Who or Beatles on number 2 you wouldn't give a f.. , I said Iron Maiden because they stay together and still give an amazing show and they can play and they all are talented.
People who know music wouldn't say everyone on ac/dc is talented ,only angus is talented there , ANYONE who can play basic guitar can play like Malcolm and the other guys are ridiculuous these days.
There's lots of @#$%& right here , You're always so insulting about amazing bands , you're just closed that strange world , why insulting ac/dc fans with their IQ?
I'd suggest you stop being stupid and that closed on music , Maiden are not gay , and if they are what the @#$%&? F.Mercury was gay so what?
Anyone who's not a stones fan would say Mick is really a fukcing faggot and masoquist when seeing him dance like that on the videos.
I dont know how to change you , god , you're unbelievable.
Try to appreciate music by what it is and not by who created it or is playing it.
You really know nothing about music.

I'd say many of you like Beatles , Stones , Elvis , Who , C Berry , Grateful Dead , Springsteen and Faces ONLY.
Strange people live in this world. Emos , Old fags like you "Homer Simpson tipes", Jonas Brothers .I dont know what to say , sorry for you.

Dude, all the power to you for liking your beloved iron maiden . . . i still think they suck and i think ac/dc sucks. So does that mean i am sooo closed minded? i don't think so, this thread talks about ac/dc, well i think they suck, you mentioned/praised iron maiden, well, i think they suck. Thats only two bands and they both suck . . . and why are you bringing up the issue of homosexuality? What does that have to do with it?

P.S.you shouldn't assume that because i think ac/dc sucks that i am in my 50's and one of these old guys on this board who is strictly into 60's/70's music

Posted by: CharliMoon ()
Date: April 13, 2009 04:51

mexicostone
Well , if i would have said The Who or Beatles on number 2 you wouldn't give a f.. , I said Iron Maiden because they stay together and still give an amazing show and they can play and they all are talented.
People who know music wouldn't say everyone on ac/dc is talented ,only angus is talented there , ANYONE who can play basic guitar can play like Malcolm and the other guys are ridiculuous these days.
There's lots of @#$%& right here , You're always so insulting about amazing bands , you're just closed that strange world , why insulting ac/dc fans with their IQ?
I'd suggest you stop being stupid and that closed on music , Maiden are not gay , and if they are what the @#$%&? F.Mercury was gay so what?
Anyone who's not a stones fan would say Mick is really a fukcing faggot and masoquist when seeing him dance like that on the videos.
Try to appreciate music by what it is and not by who created it or is playing it.
You really know nothing about music.

I'd say many of you like Beatles , Stones , Elvis , Who , C Berry , Grateful Dead , Springsteen and Faces ONLY.
Strange people live in this world. Emos , Old fags like you "Homer Simpson tipes", Jonas Brothers .I dont know what to say , sorry for you.

This gave me the best laugh I've had in months! Honestly: Thank you kindly.

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: April 23, 2009 00:35

Having seen ACDC in manchester tonight I do believe the Stones could learn a trick or two. No backing musicians, high tempo show, loud, good theatre, all the classics and some new stuff. However, the flipside is the Stones have a more varied catalogue - it would have been a big suprise to hear an accoustic number or a ballad yesterday ;-) however - first time i'd seen ac/dc and.....wow.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: April 23, 2009 06:18

Mexicostone is a genius. Pure genius. Excellent. He knows that AC/DC is just the talent of one person - and Iron Maiden are the second best band in the world? HA HA!

He's also obviously a, well, you know. Homer Simpson type...only in the closet...

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: April 23, 2009 06:29

mexicostone
u.

That's the problem...you keep coming back on this board trying to make everyone think like you. No one is going to be "changed" on this board no matter WHAT the discussion......

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: April 29, 2009 20:00

I think, AC/DC must to see Rolling Stones, The Stones had been visit us 3 times in 11 years (95/98/06) AC/DC only plays in first world, had only visited Latinamerican Countries in 1996, and till now only rumours of an expected visit for November....

The Stones are finished (like Dylan said days ago) Why they need to much Bernard, Chuck and Blondie??? AC/DC break your brain with the "original" 5 members!!!

We Need AC/DC train in Mexico soooooooooon!!!

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: April 29, 2009 21:46

I don't think any @#$%& will be coming to Mexico anytime soon mate ...

Sorry

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: April 30, 2009 00:51

I can see Iron Maiden performing in hazmat suits at Mexico City's large Stadium
with just one ticket sold......won't be a great day for music.

Date: April 30, 2009 02:52

it would be if they caught it lol

Date: April 30, 2009 20:13

guitarbastard
mexicostone

ANYONE who can play basic guitar can play like Malcolm

NONSENSE!!!!
believe me i've seen (and heard) fantastic session-musicians play acdc and it fuc king sucked! find me someone who nails those rhythms like he does. find me a tighter rhythm section than acdc has....you'll have to search for a longlong time!
to really nail an acdc track you have to bee a @#$%&.ing pro!!!

+1

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: April 30, 2009 20:19

rogerriffin
I think, AC/DC must to see Rolling Stones, The Stones had been visit us 3 times in 11 years (95/98/06) AC/DC only plays in first world, had only visited Latinamerican Countries in 1996, and till now only rumours of an expected visit for November....

The Stones are finished (like Dylan said days ago) Why they need to much Bernard, Chuck and Blondie??? AC/DC break your brain with the "original" 5 members!!!

We Need AC/DC train in Mexico soooooooooon!!!

I have no idea what you're talking about. Yet, I'm sure you have no idea what you're talking about either.

Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: April 30, 2009 22:31

I was really keen to see AC/DC and saw them opening for the Stones in Hockenheim/Germany. They played about 90 minutes a full knockout greatest-hits-plus-hells-bell-plus-stripping-school-uniform program. They played in a terrific mood. Strange, they didn't cut a live dvd/live cd from it! A really great show under objective standards.
BUT BORING AFTER ABOUT FIFTEEN MINUTES!
What's the difference between the Stones and AC/DC live? AC/DC got two decent songs, the Stones twenty-two.
They were really an incredibly good addition to the Stones playing Rock Me Baby.

Date: April 30, 2009 22:37

JJHMick
I was really keen to see AC/DC and saw them opening for the Stones in Hockenheim/Germany. They played about 90 minutes a full knockout greatest-hits-plus-hells-bell-plus-stripping-school-uniform program. They played in a terrific mood. Strange, they didn't cut a live dvd/live cd from it! A really great show under objective standards.
What's the difference between the Stones and AC/DC live? AC/DC got two decent songs, the Stones twenty-two.
They were really an incredibly good addition to the Stones playing Rock Me Baby.

AC DC only two decent songs?

Ha ha.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: April 30, 2009 22:55

JJHMick

Dunno about ACDC only having 2 decent songs, but the Stones have at least a couple hundred very decent songs.

Date: April 30, 2009 22:58

stoned in washington dc
JJHMick

AC DC only two decent songs? Ha ha.

Stoned, have you been to a combined concert like that? Do you play an instrument to know about structure (well, that question is not necessary in a way)? But their songs (sorry, the greatest hits prgram they played that day) are too predictable. You even get tired of the voice because there is no variety (maybe not in general, but especially in comparison to Mick).
Stoned, you don't have "to read between the lines": The show was impressive but the music was boring (after a while). In some respect most of their songs are even warhorses to someone who doesn't own an AC/DC lp.
Probably that's the reason why I never came across (when I was really keen on them) - between say 1978 and 1998 - to buy a (live) record of them. If I am/was somehow interested in a group and there is a choice of a live record or a greatest hits I take the live one. There were no live ones on offer. Probably because there was a reason: Though they are good live, their music isn't.

Date: April 30, 2009 23:09

Sorry, went to see ACDC the other week and they were ANYTHING but boring.

Date: April 30, 2009 23:14

yorkshirestone
Sorry, went to see ACDC the other week and they were ANYTHING but boring.
Yorkshire are you related to washington/dc. I said they were NOT boring live. There is a lot to watch but not to listen.

Date: April 30, 2009 23:17

Nah, gotta disagree. Might be a bit heavy for some folks but you know what you are getting when yuou see them - faithful interpretations of their material. Sure, there's no accoustic mini set or intriguing alt. country new direction but that's no bad thing ;-)

Date: April 30, 2009 23:20

yorkshirestone
Nah, gotta disagree. Might be a bit heavy for some folks but you know what you are getting when yuou see them - faithful interpretations of their material. Sure, there's no accoustic mini set or intriguing alt. country new direction but that's no bad thing ;-)
Funny "deja vus" (if that's the right spelling) all the time. Have a look at your Chuck Leavell post.

Date: May 1, 2009 15:22

JJHMick

I think the crowd at Hockenheim would disagree, seeing as they blew the Stones off. How can anyone be bored by straight ahead rock n roll ?

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1555
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home