Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

O/T Tina Turner,MEN Arena,Manchester,Friday 3rd April 2009
Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: April 4, 2009 03:30

Hello,

Wow!Just back from my first,and regrettably probably last time seeing Ms. Tina Turner-genuinely she is A Force Of Nature up close,and not only because her thighs are still bigger than Stuart Pearce's.

At the beginning of the show TT said that she was going to make sure that we enjoyed ourselves,and judging by the noise of the crowd she was as good as her word.
The highlights for me was the older material like 'River Deep...' (one of the perfect pop songs) and 'Proud Mary',and a spellbinding,slow-burning take on 'Help':I could listen to the Lady sing like that all night.

As you'd expect,her band were all top players,and when you've got Lisa Fischer singing backing vocals,then that's all the cover you're ever going to need!Just ask Sir Mick.Also,no corners were cut regarding the production,with pyros and lifts used a-plenty.

Here we go then...

Still have to pinch myself that I was there.Just fantastic!

Cheers,

Si.

Re: O/T Tina Turner,MEN Arena,Manchester,Friday 3rd April 2009
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: April 4, 2009 03:32

Glad you enjoyed it!

Posted by: Steven ()
Date: April 4, 2009 12:07

There is no substitute for charisma. Sure, in her late 60s she can't dance like she once could, but she is still a first class entertainer and was one of the best shows I saw last year. Walking in high heels over the crowd at any age takes some courage. Tina is still MUST SEE!

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: April 4, 2009 12:11

Great pictures

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: April 4, 2009 12:24

I'm going tonight, went on ticketmaster Monday morning and front row on the floor had dropped, so very excited about tonight! Need a Stones tour now!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1983
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home