Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: OT: My Top-3 Jimmy Page Session Man Moments
Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: January 10, 2014 22:35

Thank you for posting the Mojo article, Rockman. It's interesting to note Page's confirmation that he is indeed featured on the recording of The Who's I Can't Explain; though be it, as a rhythm guitarist. Another recording mentioned in the article is Diamonds by two former members of The Shadows, Jet Harris and Tony Meehan. It was reached #1 on the British Chart in early 1963 and is frequently cited - as it is in this particular article - as featuring a then 19 year-old Page on acoustic rhythm. It pre-dates his session-career, but with so, so many sources stating his involvement, there must be some truth to it. It's a terrific record, so I like to think it's him!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 10, 2014 22:41

YEAH AL ... posted it esp for you ...thought ya'd dig it

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Keef1966 ()
Date: January 11, 2014 15:52

Big Al
His Majesty
He did and yes, back to the session man.

Disappointing sad smiley

Anyway, here's a favourite of mine. It's by American recording artist, Brenda Lee. In 1964, she recorded a number of tracks in London. This one, although not featuring a Page solo, features some terrific rhythm work and some powerhouse drumming courtesy of Bobby Graham :-

This one is my favorite as well. Great singer!! The solo is great.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: January 11, 2014 18:20

Love this thread and that great Mojo article,courtesy of Rockman.
Brings back memorys of my own young days in the Tolworth and Kingston area where I lived.
Jimmy came from Epsom ,but the main local places for good live music were Kingston and Richmond,so not surprised he played that area as a youngster.
I was only 12 in 1964 but a Stones fan since June '63 by then.
Used to go to the Tolworth 10 pin bowling alley for some fun then, which was right next door to The Toby Jug pub where the great Led Zep played an early gig.
Happy Days. winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-11 18:39 by crawdaddy.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1468
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home