Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Marianne's new album: "Keith helped me on my album out of guilt"
Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: March 6, 2009 14:43

Here's a link to the "news".

MARIANNE FAITHFULL has acknowledged ROLLING STONES star KEITH RICHARDS only helped out on her latest album out of guilt - because of the way the band treated her during their heyday.
The singer dated frontman Mick Jagger in the 1960s and spent a great deal of time partying with the rockers, even inspiring some of their most successful hits.
But Faithfull admits the group used her "as an ornament" and puts Richards' involvement in her new record, Easy Come, Easy Go, down to the guilt he felt over the past.
She says, "Yes, of course (I felt used), probably by the Stones and by Mick. That's maybe why Keith helped me out with this album. He's no fool. He knows I was used as an ornament, that I was great for their image. So he's given me something back."
And Faithfull reveals that nearly 40 years after their break-up, she is still on bad terms with Jagger, adding, "I don't think Mick likes me now."

[www.contactmusic.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-03-06 14:44 by Addicted.

Re: Marianne's new album: "Keith helped me on my album out of guilt"
Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: March 6, 2009 14:47

Didn't Mick show up when the news about her illness spread up?

Date: March 6, 2009 15:12

I love Marianne but she has acted like a victim for the last 40 years. Time to get over it, Marianne.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: March 6, 2009 16:54

Wild Slivovitz
Didn't Mick show up when the news about her illness spread up?

read somewhere marianne speaking of a phone call by mick

if you listen to the making of on the dvd that comes with the special edition of easy come she's more relaxed about keith

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: March 6, 2009 17:15

I think its bull....Mick did call her when she was in the hospital fighting breast cancer....And she used the Stones and Mick, even more than they used her... They used each other...The same way we lean on our wives or they lean on us..She even used a jagger/richards song to give her a hit!!

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: March 6, 2009 17:40

I too think its baloney

In the long interview that Rockman posted in his stones related thread, Marianne states a different version - with no polemic at all. She also seemed to be quite pleased by Keith joining in the project.

C

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: March 6, 2009 19:15

Anything for publicity.

I always think of CindyC as an "ornament."

Posted by: GNAT ()
Date: March 6, 2009 19:18

Is Mariannes new album good? I do like her music, but haven't heard any of the new one yet.

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: March 6, 2009 19:26

yeah, it was reported that mick was one of the first to call her and ask how she's doing. and come on, she had her time with the stones, they used her and vice versa. her album is quite nice, the keith track is the best: sing me back home. I like his solo rendition even more, but marianne's vocals combined with keiths rugged guitar playing and backup vox sound good on it

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: March 6, 2009 19:30

stonesrule
Anything for publicity.

I always think of CindyC as an "ornament."

Marianne seems very displeased to have been thought of as such. I suppose I should be too.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: March 6, 2009 19:54

I had read where she slept with Keith,Brian and Mick and decided Mick was the best bet! Anyone else heard this?

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: March 6, 2009 19:56

Where do you apply for the ornament job?

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: March 6, 2009 19:57

no---i think your think of Anita...and she liked me the best!

Date: March 6, 2009 20:11

Oh CindyC dear,forgive me. I think of you as someone who brightens our lives. "Ornament" in a positive way.

Not like that self-centered MF. A once lovely-looking girl who from an early age was out looking for trouble. She has talent but when it comes to putting out product she always falls back on those Rolling Stones coat tails.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: March 6, 2009 20:37

scottkeef
I had read where she slept with Keith,Brian and Mick and decided Mick was the best bet! Anyone else heard this?

Well she says Keith was the best shag, sorry to be so blunt, Brian just fumbled about with her breasts and was incapable of real sex.

Keith was aware of Mick's growing fondness towards Marianne(this didn't stop Keith getting stuck in though), he kinda brushed her off after the deed by informing her that Mick was a tad smitten.

The crux seems to be that Marianne really wanted Keith at the time. Makes yah wonder how things would have worked out had Keith and Marianne stayed together.

Gossip, gossip, gossip. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: March 6, 2009 21:14

Makes ya wonder about Mick going after Anita on the set of Performance later too!
Or does Mick just do that? Didnt he go after Gram Parsons wife in France(read that she shot him down quik!) I also remember something about a model on the 75 tour that was doing Ron and then went after Keith(or the other way around) and got dumped?Another girl on the tour warned her the band didnt like that?

Posted by: lamemodem2 ()
Date: March 6, 2009 21:20

Wasn't Marianne at the 2003 Lick's Enmore show? I thought she was in the balcony when Mick said "Welcome ... to some old lovers and maybe some new ones as well."

Date: March 6, 2009 22:27

stonesrule
Oh CindyC dear,forgive me. I think of you as someone who brightens our lives. "Ornament" in a positive way.

Not like that self-centered MF. A once lovely-looking girl who from an early age was out looking for trouble. She has talent but when it comes to putting out product she always falls back on those Rolling Stones coat tails.

Oh well thank you Stonesrule - that's very sweet. I figured it could be taken as a compliment or an insult. Since the word in this thread had a negative vibe to it, I wasn't sure. So thanks for clearing that up - and for the nice words!

Date: March 6, 2009 22:30

His Majesty

The crux seems to be that Marianne really wanted Keith at the time. Makes yah wonder how things would have worked out had Keith and Marianne stayed together.
Gossip, gossip, gossip. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

It also makes me wonder about her husband. She seemed to have a lot of spare time on her hands for a new wife and mother.

I'm only saying all this because I'm extremely envious that it was her instead of me.

Date: March 6, 2009 23:35

It is hard to imagine Keith thinking the way Marianne is quoted, much less feeling guilt FORTY years later. Can't you hear him picking up the phone, shame in his eyes as he hears her voice and quickly stammering, "Please, let me atone for the band."

This is all such baloney from Marianne. She demeans herself with it. But it gets press and sells some product.

Can you imagine Anita carrying on about all this old stuff? Of course not.

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: March 6, 2009 23:50

The London freebie rag "Lite" had a gossip piece today with Marianne apparently slagging off Kate Moss (of all people) for 'using' her to help her (Kate Moss') image and then brushing her off! I'm a fan of Marianne's later music and her look during the Mick years but she does seem to have an inflated sense of her own importance. I really dislike the way she bad-mouths Mick at the drop of a hat when he never says anything negative about her.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 6, 2009 23:52

Hey that's show business......

ROCKMAN

Posted by: bumbum ()
Date: March 6, 2009 23:58

Why should Keith feel guilty - nonsens? Why should Mick?

Has Marianne given Stones anything they couldn't have been without - doubt so.

Sounds like the same old bullshit Bill is talking about in his interviews - criticizing Stones for whatever.

For both of them, Stones (Mick and Keith) has given them more than they ever could have asked for. That in principle also counts for Mick T.

The only problem is that some of the them (Marianne, Bill and Mick T.) have directed their life in a bad way - period. Then afterwards don't blame other.

Date: March 7, 2009 00:03

Wow,I guess some names really fit!!

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: March 7, 2009 00:07

How has Bill "directed" himself in a "bad way".
He may not be earning millions now, but he seems the most balanced and contented one of the lot of them.

Posted by: Sohoe ()
Date: March 7, 2009 00:52

<<Has Marianne given Stones anything they couldn't have been without - doubt so>>

...it was her who got Mick into reading Bulgakov wasn't it?

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: March 7, 2009 00:59

bumbum
"Has Marianne given Stones anything they couldn't have been without - doubt so."

Pompom post of the year? eye rolling smiley

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: March 7, 2009 01:06

If Marianne did write most of the lyrics of..."Sister Morphine"...I guess she wants to be known as the woman who wrote it. Not so Strange weather at all...

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: March 7, 2009 03:04

This is the stuff that sells records... she knows it and uses it to the hilt as well. As a post above states, 40 years is a hell of a long time to carry a grudge. Time to move on. The Art of Forgiveness.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: March 7, 2009 03:33

Muse?

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1810
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home