Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6
Re: Are they touring in 2009 or 2010 or neither or never ever again ?
Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: March 8, 2009 19:42

Gazza
Edith Grove
Already started saving my dough for this.
Hope it ain't no false alarm, though.

Your reply was two hours after Bjornulf's post and you're saving already? LOL

Mine was a mere 14 minutes after Bjornulf's post. I'm saving already too, just bought the economy size box of soap powder this afternoon !!

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: March 8, 2009 19:43

Gazza
Edith Grove
Already started saving my dough for this.
Hope it ain't no false alarm, though.

Your reply was two hours after Bjornulf's post and you're saving already? LOL

Yeah, been putting away a little bit since the rumors started a couple of months ago.
If they do tour, I want to see them in Europe again, and that requires some long-range planning for me.
But as far as I'm concerned, it's still only a rumor.

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: March 8, 2009 20:10

That's very good news. Might go to Asia, if they start over there.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: March 9, 2009 05:40

Unofficial pre-word pre-tour is no tour this year.Pre-guess, probably never again. Post-guess will only tell based on results of any kind of official word at some point, either pre-2010 or post-2010 at some point after January 1, 2010 of a 2010 tour. Although it could still be announced later this year since it's still pre-2009 in terms of the amount of months left in the year.

But that's just a pre-guess. Or maybe a pre-hunch. Post last O2 show, I'm gonna pre-speculate and say that that was their last show so this could possibly be post-retirement. Or pre-temporary retirement.

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: March 9, 2009 06:01

bv
Pack your bags. Save up your money. They will be on later this year, because they found out people need entertainment during the financial chaos. The schedule is still TBD, probably not the usual one, may be Asia first.

wow!! 2009 IS going to fine! i knew it!! just when i thought i'd do a mini bernard tour...

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: March 9, 2009 09:51

Hey, hey what's this all about? I've was just going to settle down for a nice summer with Springsteen, U2 and Coldplay and now rumour has it the Rolling Stones might tour......

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 9, 2009 11:40

I think Jagger will carefully look at how the U2 tour goes. If they manage to make it successful then he'll kick the Stones circus in motion

Date: March 9, 2009 11:46

skipstone
Unofficial pre-word pre-tour is no tour this year.Pre-guess, probably never again. Post-guess will only tell based on results of any kind of official word at some point, either pre-2010 or post-2010 at some point after January 1, 2010 of a 2010 tour. Although it could still be announced later this year since it's still pre-2009 in terms of the amount of months left in the year.

But that's just a pre-guess. Or maybe a pre-hunch. Post last O2 show, I'm gonna pre-speculate and say that that was their last show so this could possibly be post-retirement. Or pre-temporary retirement.

Hmmm ... have digested this, but alas it makes no sense. Maybe it will post-tea ... but pre-glass of wine. Shit, where's my Paracetamol, I'm feeling a bit pre-headache just thinkin' 'bout it ! Gasp !

Date: March 9, 2009 12:01

little queenie
bv
Pack your bags. Save up your money. They will be on later this year, because they found out people need entertainment during the financial chaos. The schedule is still TBD, probably not the usual one, may be Asia first.

wow!! 2009 IS going to fine! i knew it!! just when i thought i'd do a mini bernard tour...

<<< just when i thought i'd do a mini bernard tour >>>

You would ? Really ? I saw the Tim Ries Project last October in NYC, and I have to say, that'll be it for me. All that jazz just doesn't do it for me. So what kind of stuff does Bernard do ?

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: March 9, 2009 13:48

You can find out by buying his album "Friends With Privileges"... Out now.
Stones participation.
See you in Asia this autumn!

Posted by: socialdistortion ()
Date: March 9, 2009 15:37

anybody understand what Skipstone said?

Date: March 9, 2009 15:43

socialdistortion
anybody understand what Skipstone said?

Of course not, not even Skipstone understood what Skipstone said ..........

Have a pre-tour cup of tea !

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: March 9, 2009 15:51

Thanks, BV. A week or so ago you posted you thought we would follow the familiar pattern of album and tour and that you didn't think they would do another FORTY LICKS. Since a tour looks more likely this Fall, does it stand to reason a disc of newly released songs is also likely? Thanks if you're able to answer.

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: March 9, 2009 15:53

That message sure doesn't make much sense, but one thing's pretty clear - the keywords are pre and post.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: March 9, 2009 16:56

Ha ha! Glad you got it! Well, post-got it: no sense. Which I guess could be pre-sense.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 9, 2009 19:34

I love the way BV drops on us the single most important info of the month!

He could have started a new thread, he could have wrapped his info in "hey kids listen to what a REAL insider like me knows" blah-blah. Worst of all he could have KEPT it to himself...
None of this crap just a 2-line message. No boasting, nothing. Classy!! thumbs up

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: March 9, 2009 19:37

ummm - i think you are confusing "info" with "opinion."

Date: March 9, 2009 21:09

Tour = done deal as I have been saying for several weeks

Posted by: bumbum ()
Date: March 9, 2009 21:36

dcba
I think Jagger will carefully look at how the U2 tour goes. If they manage to make it successful then he'll kick the Stones circus in motion

As it seems right now, U2 are somehow careful not to announce too many shows. I had expected a fullblown allaround Europe tour - but untill now only 14 shows!!

Are they going to add more shows later on?

If U2 can't sell out these stdiums and even more, then there won't be any Stones show this summ, 'cause if U2 can't fill stadiums then Stones can't all.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: March 9, 2009 21:44

1. The Stones do not plan tour activities around U2
2. Stones fans and U2 fans are not one in the same
3. U2 's inability to play full stadiums may be result of a weak new CD

Posted by: JK ()
Date: March 9, 2009 21:54

U2 will play more shows in Europe in 2010.

Posted by: bumbum ()
Date: March 9, 2009 21:57

Chris Fountain
1. The Stones do not plan tour activities around U2
2. Stones fans and U2 fans are not one in the same
3. U2 's inability to play full stadiums may be result of a weak new CD

Just referring to what happend during the ABB tour where the sales for Stones conserts in countries like Germany, Holland, Belgium, Spain, Italy were very poor.

If U2 can't sell many tickets , then Stones can't either - and for Stones going on their last big tour with bad ticket sales - wouldn't look good. Then rather stay home.

Date: March 9, 2009 21:59

This time around it may actually be a direct result of worldwide economic hardship.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: March 9, 2009 22:24

Chris Fountain
This time around it may actually be a direct result of worldwide economic hardship.

Economics aren't that big a factor imho. I don't think with a healthy economy they can fill stadiums anymore....As far as a fall 2009 tour....All walk down Market Street in my birthday suit singing Start Me Up if that happens....It won't.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: March 9, 2009 22:40

sweetcharmedlife
Chris Fountain

Economics aren't that big a factor imho. I don't think with a healthy economy they can fill stadiums anymore....As far as a fall 2009 tour....All walk down Market Street in my birthday suit singing Start Me Up if that happens....It won't.

SCL

With respect, I pose general questions:

Maybe this is the reason Stones played parks and small stadiums during the ABB tour? Examples - Z Park in Austin, Wallace Wade Stadium (35,000) and Scott stadium (40,000).

I guess it depends on the artist. As you well know, Bruce can sell out Giant stadium 10 times in a row if need be. My instincts tell me that things will be different now for all rock groups during these challenging times.

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: March 9, 2009 22:53

bumbum
dcba

As it seems right now, U2 are somehow careful not to announce too many shows. I had expected a fullblown allaround Europe tour - but untill now only 14 shows!!

Are they going to add more shows later on?

If U2 can't sell out these stdiums and even more, then there won't be any Stones show this summ, 'cause if U2 can't fill stadiums then Stones can't all.

U2 is planning to do tour legs in Europe from June 30 to August 22 and in North America from September 12 to October 28 for this year. The plan is then to do more touring in both of these areas in 2010 with North America in June and July and Europe in August and September, with South America possibly to follow in fall 2010. They have a new album, tentatively titled Songs Of Ascent, that will come out in early 2010 during the down time between the touring. This will give them 2 albums of material to be touring behind next year, which which also generate more interest in any return markets they may hit.

U2 may be playing it conservatively by doing it this way, or it may also be a case of the band just wanting to play shorter tour legs with larger gaps of time off. They still will get to around 100 shows on this tour by late 2010.

As far as why Europe is coming first this tour, I believe it has to do with their album having been delayed from a November release to late February of this year. They were still recording it into December and are doing promotional appearances right now for it. They now want to have a album out for several months before they beging tours, so the planned spring leg in North America got pushed back to the fall instead.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: March 9, 2009 22:55

I put my Stones' money into shares...I thought the rumours were for 2010
Damn!!

Date: March 9, 2009 23:00

Springsteen sells out Giant Stadium becaue he is the local boy. When he played all those shows there a few years agoHALF the bloody place was cordoned off. So 10 show was really like 5 full shows.

Also, tickets went "begging" ouside the NYC area.

Date: March 9, 2009 23:06

Well if stadium shows are a thing of the past, Great News. Again, I think 15,000 -20,000 seat arenas (aside from club shows) are the perfect setting.

Remember, even when the Stones or any other group play stadiums, one end zone is usually compromised.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: March 9, 2009 23:34

stadium shows are a thing of the past because of the bloody ticket prices, but yet they all still play half full stadiums for some reason, i mean some of those bang stadium shows were borderline humiliating they were so empty, like the second bang giants stadium show from 06, i could not believe how many empty seats there were and plus they had tarps and there were still a huge amount of empty seats, and there were many other bang stadium shows the same way

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1355
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home