Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5
Re: Will you spend $500.For the next tour?
Posted by: Promoman ()
Date: February 26, 2009 01:46

I would Spend up to 1000 for Fos or club

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: February 26, 2009 01:48

Gazza

I understand. There is no substitution for living in a remote private area. The trips are worthy of the sacrifice. The weather here is great and I love playing tennis but the overpopulation factor is a pain. Forget the glass, and venture. The peaceful abode is more valuable.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: February 26, 2009 02:22

In a word NO!

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: February 26, 2009 03:14

T&A
Gazza
If they play there, I'll even hold it for you.....!

i'm not used to having no response available....

And you say I have a hard on for you.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: February 26, 2009 03:19

sweetcharmedlife
T&A
Gazza

you're denying it?

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: February 26, 2009 03:21

T&A
sweetcharmedlife
T&A
Gazza

you're denying it?

I ain't gonna hold it.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: February 26, 2009 03:25

sweetcharmedlife
T&A
sweetcharmedlife
T&A
Gazza

you're denying it?

I ain't gonna hold it.

holding a friend's is all part of a traditional northern ireland ritual - it's nothing to be ashamed of.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: February 26, 2009 04:09

Chris Fountain
Gazza

I understand. There is no substitution for living in a remote private area. The trips are worthy of the sacrifice. The weather here is great and I love playing tennis but the overpopulation factor is a pain.

.... Forget the glass [emphasis mine], and venture. The peaceful abode is more valuable.

I can agree on more than one count -- there is no substitution for living in a remote private area -- I do, but one that has absolutely no problems with overpopulation, just cold winters, and those have not even been much of a problem in the last dozen years.

I live on 40 acres in the country a half mile from the Big Horn River in Montana and there are no neighbors right around us, very nice. Yet, I love to travel, almost anywhere.

However, I cannot "forget the glass" -- I would be willing to pay $500 or actually much more to see THE PLEXIGLASS alone, without the band.

Pauly -- where the hell have u been??!!

Ryanpow -- "No way, Jose" -- but I know u would see them in SAN Jose, not far from u.

Seriously, I am at 45 shows and I too would like to make it an even 50 yet, as gazza sez, there are other financial priorities (but those seem to pale in the excitement of an announcement of a new tour).

I did pay almost 500 (495) to be exact I think in Boston (ABB opener) and maybe in SF on the last tour.

Hell, there is always a way to get a cheap good seat for far less than face if u are patient. Often, one can just wait outside the venue until near show time. Don't panic and don't give in. This often works!

But I would pay that at least for one more show wherever it is and whatever the set list (so long as it was written on THE PLEXIGLASS).

For (presumably) the other four, I would manage for far less, unless it was the final show of the tour, or ever.

I will not miss them, period. Just a question of to what extent, both how many times and how much money.

I mean, whatever your opinion of the band now, IT'S THE STONES, for Godsakes!!! You won't worry on your deathbed how much u paid, but u might be pissed at yourself for having missed them that one last time.

Irrational, sure, but I am very irrational when it comes to the Stones, as I suspect most of us are in one way or another.

peace

Plexi

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-02-26 05:09 by timbernardis.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: February 26, 2009 04:45

timbernardis
Chris Fountain

Ryanpow -- "No way, Jose -- but I know u would see them in SAN Jose, not far from u.

Plexi

I certianly know the Way to get there, but five hundered dollars? wouldn't be able to.

Date: February 26, 2009 05:07

well, what u do know is The Plexiglass Way

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: February 26, 2009 11:09

Luckily, I'm not living in "a remote private area" like Gazza does (Belfast...grinning smiley), but in a hectic place where Bruce Springsteen is going to play next summer, just a half mile from where I live. I'm waiting the Stones to follow the lead of the Boss in future...thumbs up (Honestly: if that happens I promise to accommodate as many fellow IORReans as possible, and some more!)

I guess everybody on earth knows the hectic place I'm talking about, Tampere, Finland...

- Doxa

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: February 26, 2009 11:37

Don't Forget that tickets for the MSG in NYC have been already 550 USD as well as the tickets for Las Vegas. And what is the difference to the 450 USD asked the last time.

I just do not think that a majority of people will pay for it or can afford it.
When I did the 3 Shows in London with the Fanclub it was 1960 USD for 3 shows including super seats at the cirkus) plus 6 nights in a 4star hotel and breakfast and a lot of fun.
The last time during Bigger Bang hey asked between 1500-2200 for ONE only show and 2 nights accommodation. That was even sold out.

For the moment I just would not have the funds to cover any Rolling Stones concert. I think they will drop this year and rather do something next year. If they do it at all.

Date: February 26, 2009 14:10

Doxa -- e mail me.

plexi

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 26, 2009 14:41

I paid 300 dollar every night for each of the MSG shows in Feb 1998 i.e. 11 years ago, and was in heaven i.e. right on the floor with a handshake to Keith and lots more. For me that is more worth than a few beers. Yesterday I paid 84 kr i.e. 12 dollar for a beer at an airport here in Norway. So 300 dollar would give me 25 beers and what is my priority? Stones.

They have asked for market price at all times. If some people will pay 500 dollar in NYC or in the US in general or in UK then that will be the price, like people pay the same money in Las Vegas or other places. But in Spain and Europe in general the ticket prices will still be 100 Euro or so, don't worry too much. And I have paid half that price on travel. Just travel cheap, and you will get to see many shows. And don't spend it all on drinks!

Bjornulf

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: February 26, 2009 14:47

Good advice to cut down on drinks!
I hate having to go to the bathroom during a show. And even worse - when people spill beer on you during a show. Incredibly annoying. Not to mention when they puke on you, or near you... Yes, it's happened.

Posted by: iamthedj ()
Date: February 26, 2009 14:52

As a young man with no savings it's unlikely I even could. For the Bigger Bang O2 Shows I paid nearly 200 pound for tickets on rs.com's pre-sale and was terribley disappointed when I realised I was sitting in truly awful seats at the back of the venue. So i'd would have to say no. They've priced at least one fan out of the chance to see them live.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: February 26, 2009 15:21

Even thou i think its obscene the prices charged, i would not be able to resist the urge to go and see them again. Knowing full well theres not too many shows left.

I would have to try for about two to three shows and still keep on drinking.smileys with beer

Posted by: Slick ()
Date: February 26, 2009 15:32

not for another vegas show zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: February 27, 2009 02:21

BV, you always seem to compare the ticket prices with beer.... You think we don't spend our money to anything else than to beer or the Stones...grinning smiley

Last time I visited Oslo airport I skipped the idea of buying a beer. I thought the price was simply too much for one bloody beer... Same with the ticket prices sometimes... have to be stoic, no matter how thirsty one feels.sad smiley

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-02-27 02:23 by Doxa.

Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: February 27, 2009 02:27

Maybe a rhetorical question...

Not after seeing the Faces (Bump Band) reunion tour last nigh....fer $20 US...

MAC RULES!!!

JR

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: February 27, 2009 08:10

$500.00 yes, If it includes roundtrip airfare, one night in hotel, reasonably good ticket for the show, t-shirt and tour program.

Date: February 27, 2009 09:28

Doxa
BV, you always seem to compare the ticket prices with beer.... You think we don't spend our money to anything else than to beer or the Stones...grinning smiley

Last time I visited Oslo airport I skipped the idea of buying a beer. I thought the price was simply too much for one bloody beer... Same with the ticket prices sometimes... have to be stoic, no matter how thirsty one feels.sad smiley

- Doxa

but a beer usu does not actually quench one's thirst.

p

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: February 27, 2009 11:05

Gazza

They charged the same prices for a stadium show on the last tour as they did for an arena (many tickets were at $450 when you were still merely seeing them on a video screen). No way would I pay $500 for any show by anyone - not even in a club.

The 'last tour' thing is always the carrot dangling in front of me, though. I paid £150 for tickets for all three 02 shows last time and had very good (but not great, thanks for nothing rs.con!) seats, but for the last night upgraded to excellent seats I got off Seatwave for £250 which were in the middle of the 7th row on the floor. The simple reason was that I had friends who had come over for the last show from the US and were joining me and also because it was the tour finale and possibly the 'last' show. Otherwise, I wouldnt have.

At this time, I dont feel the NEED to see the Stones again (that may change!), although obviously I'd LIKE to. I saw 13 shows on each of the last two tours and am now on 47 - I'd like to get it to 50. So maybe a couple of "double header" trips in Europe next time. I've no interest in going to the US to see them, though (I've been four times since 1999) - tickets are far too expensive and at this stage in their career, the likelihood of shows being postponed or cancelled is getting too high to take the risk to travel all that way. Other financial priorities are more important.

Yes, good point. $500 a ticket wouldn't exactly be breaking new ground, sad to say. Now I think about it, the MSG tickets in the fall of 2005 when they kicked off the ABB tour, they were indeed $450. I seem to recall $454 was the actual figure, whether or not that was with or without the Ticketmaster charges ... that I can't precisely recall. But it suffices to say that if it didn't at that time set you back the rather staggering sum of $500 per ticket, it wasn't far off it.

Not sure how good the take up would be these days for $500 tickets; not for yet more greatest hits in a stadium, that's for sure. Not too good I'd think. I'd willingly pay that for something else; someone mentioned a full blown rendition of Exile in a small venue for example !! But another round of ABB stadium shows ? I'd do a few for sure, but probably fewer still if it said $500 on the ticket.

Yas need to think about the next move boys !

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: February 27, 2009 11:34

500 dollars for keith either not playing, clowning around or producing his cacophony lead licks?
no thanks. i rather spend it on beer...i've seen them often enough at times when they were still without any doubt the best rock n roll band in the universe! but now they should really stop touring, since keith is just not able to play anymore! sad but true...

Posted by: Barn Owl ()
Date: February 27, 2009 12:02

...probably not.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 27, 2009 14:15

paulywaul
Gazza

They charged the same prices for a stadium show on the last tour as they did for an arena (many tickets were at $450 when you were still merely seeing them on a video screen). No way would I pay $500 for any show by anyone - not even in a club.

The 'last tour' thing is always the carrot dangling in front of me, though. I paid £150 for tickets for all three 02 shows last time and had very good (but not great, thanks for nothing rs.con!) seats, but for the last night upgraded to excellent seats I got off Seatwave for £250 which were in the middle of the 7th row on the floor. The simple reason was that I had friends who had come over for the last show from the US and were joining me and also because it was the tour finale and possibly the 'last' show. Otherwise, I wouldnt have.

At this time, I dont feel the NEED to see the Stones again (that may change!), although obviously I'd LIKE to. I saw 13 shows on each of the last two tours and am now on 47 - I'd like to get it to 50. So maybe a couple of "double header" trips in Europe next time. I've no interest in going to the US to see them, though (I've been four times since 1999) - tickets are far too expensive and at this stage in their career, the likelihood of shows being postponed or cancelled is getting too high to take the risk to travel all that way. Other financial priorities are more important.

Yes, good point. $500 a ticket wouldn't exactly be breaking new ground, sad to say. Now I think about it, the MSG tickets in the fall of 2005 when they kicked off the ABB tour, they were indeed $450. I seem to recall $454 was the actual figure, whether or not that was with or without the Ticketmaster charges ... that I can't precisely recall. But it suffices to say that if it didn't at that time set you back the rather staggering sum of $500 per ticket, it wasn't far off it.

Not sure how good the take up would be these days for $500 tickets; not for yet more greatest hits in a stadium, that's for sure. Not too good I'd think. I'd willingly pay that for something else; someone mentioned a full blown rendition of Exile in a small venue for example !! But another round of ABB stadium shows ? I'd do a few for sure, but probably fewer still if it said $500 on the ticket.

Yas need to think about the next move boys !

$450 plus TM charges was the standard top price for the ABB tour, so you were looking at around $500 a ticket.

Most of the tickets at MSG were that price. The percentage of Category 1 prices varies from one city to the next, depending on the strength of the market. e.g. you could count on maybe 70% plus of the tickets in places like New York, LA or London being in that category - less so in minor markets. The average ticket price on the last tour was $167 (plus charges)

The top & bottom prices didnt change that much from Licks, it was just that there was a higher % of tickets than before in the top bracket.I was actually offered a ticket in the same row for one of the MSG jan 2006 shows that I had for the September 2002 show in the same venue. The 2002 ticket was $164, the 2006 ticket was $450. I passed and waited until TM released the $160 tickets after they'd conned thousands of fans into panic buying some mediocre $450 seats. Its a big chance to take in a high demand venue like MSG but it worked out OK.

Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: February 27, 2009 15:49

Without any doubt I would go.
Spent already more than once more $$$ for a show and hey it's still

"The Rolling Stones, the greatest Rock'n'Roll band in the world."

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 27, 2009 17:54

Maybe I'm slow or stupid but I've just been positively frightened by the figures Gazza mentioned in the post above. There's no way the band would fill a stadium in Europe with prices like this.

The dedication of US fans led the Stones to think they can get away with murder at any price? My suggestion for the next US tour : flat fare in the 80$ category, general admission = "first come first seated" à la European gigs.

Posted by: lunar!!! ()
Date: February 28, 2009 00:15

that will never happen...

STONES JAM!! MICKEYS RULES!!! (burp) NADER IN 2016!!!!! GO GIANTS!!

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: February 28, 2009 02:25

OK! Who answered no to this question thinking that Stones management might be looking at this thread, and who would probably wind up paying that amount if the Stones came to your town?

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2238
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home