Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5
Re: Will you spend $500.For the next tour?
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 25, 2009 12:17

With the Greatest Depression looming, if they don't tour this year the question might be in 2010-11 "who on IORR still has 500$ on his/her bank account?"...

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: February 25, 2009 12:22

How can one spend 500.00 to see them, when right now, there are thousands of kids
starving to death from eating disorders....in Beverly Hills.

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: February 25, 2009 12:29

I pay 500, 700, 1000, 1500, 2000.... See the Stones is always cheaper.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: February 25, 2009 12:37

I'll pay 500 dollars to see them playing in a small club.
How much do I need for a private gig?....Who said 4 Millions of LS????

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 25, 2009 12:41

SwayStones
I'll pay 500 dollars to see them playing in a small club.

Only with Mick Taylor and Bill Perks!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 25, 2009 12:58

$500 .... Geeeeeez just on booze alone The Savoy was rippin' that outta me pocket nearly every night...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: February 25, 2009 13:48

The tickets next to the centre stage in the Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City were 500 USD... And although the show was cancelled, and I got my money back, I felt ripped off. If it hadn't been for the Beacon shows, I'd have gotten really angry!

Yes, Rockman, the Savoy bar was an expensive experience... But there was a nice young lady from Australia working in the bar, and when we tipped her well and behaved "quite well", she slipped us some drinks for free.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 25, 2009 13:54

there was a nice young lady from Australia working in the bar

Yeah Yeah sweet Clair from Queensland....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: February 25, 2009 14:40

Spend $500 to see a band for two hours in the worst financial conditions in living memory, with house prices on the slide, jobs disappearing and the prospect of a violent summer on the horizon? I think i'll give it a miss.

Posted by: From4tilLate ()
Date: February 25, 2009 14:51

The most I've ever paid is $80 (Nashville, 2002) and I doubt I'd ever go that high ever again.

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: February 25, 2009 15:01

Looking at the last tour I was at the O2 on the Tue night (meant to be a row from the back of the back of the upper tier, but seeing as it was far from a sell out ended up on about row 4) and Thu (pretty crummy lower tier seat for £150) I don't think I got an extra £80 enjoyment (pre booking fees) from being a bit closer to the B stage

If the next tour tops out at $500 that's about £330 per ticket. Since the Stones O2 shows I've seen or am due to see Prince, Bob Dylan, Lou Reed, AC/DC, The Killers, BB King, Queens of the Stone Age, Isobel Campbell/Mark Lanegan, Tina Turner and more. These varied in price from £18 (QOTSA) to £45 (ACDC, Len) a ticket. I still pinch myself that I paid £150 to see the Stones (from some distance)

Would I pay $500 next time round? No. If the cheap seats come in at less than £70 I'd co for one of those.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: February 25, 2009 15:07

Father Ted
Spend $500 to see a band for two hours in the worst financial conditions in living memory, with house prices on the slide, jobs disappearing and the prospect of a violent summer on the horizon? I think i'll give it a miss.

You make a good point.Although it depends if you deprive yourself or not.

I felt quite bad on my last concert 'cause I paid more than 100 euros for a good sitting row.....but when I discovered I was able to stand at the front row at the left side of the stage,I immediately left my 120 euros's chair....confused smiley

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 25, 2009 15:28

Its not that Stones tickets are that expensive : ACDC is playing in my city tonight and they charged the poor buggers 67 Euros = 85 USD.
Imho it would be just decent at half that price...

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: February 25, 2009 15:29

I WILL see them on the next tour. I didn't have a chance to see them untill 1990 because of political situation in the world back then and then I was stupid enoug not to see them untill 2003. I am lucky to live in the times when I can see the Rolling Stones live. I won't miss another chance. Smell the flowers while you can...

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: February 25, 2009 16:00

If ya don't go you'll miss the guitar heroics of Blondie, Lisa's vocal talent, Chuck's piano, Bobby's sax, and those other guys on stage

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: February 25, 2009 16:24

I would pay $500. to see them..I paid that much before and who knows it may be the LAST TIME...Remember back in 1980 in the Usa the recession was worse..Over 11% unemployment, interests rates at a all-time high, inflation at record levels and then one of the very best tours of all-time....The Stones 1981 tour...It was just what we all wanted back in the day so a NEW STONES ALBUM and a new Tour today would help us all. Rock on!

Posted by: socialdistortion ()
Date: February 25, 2009 16:41

Yep, I am in

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: February 25, 2009 16:55

no

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: February 25, 2009 17:00

Happy24
I WILL see them on the next tour. I didn't have a chance to see them untill 1990 because of political situation in the world back then and then I was stupid enoug not to see them untill 2003. I am lucky to live in the times when I can see the Rolling Stones live. I won't miss another chance. Smell the flowers while you can...

Well said, H24.

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: February 25, 2009 17:03

Yes, if it was a club show and I was calling the shots regarding what they should play.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-02-25 17:05 by The Stones.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: February 25, 2009 17:05

No,neither 500 $ nor 500 €.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: February 25, 2009 17:07

Hot Stuff is correct. Considering all monies spent on the Stones throughout the years (tix, t-shirts, pre concert parties, repurchase new for worn out albums and cassette tapes) Why not one more time? Maybe the Last Time, I don't know. They wil play that song without a doubt. However, it must be treated as such.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: February 25, 2009 18:18

Remember what Mick said at the Steel Wheels press club? Nobody pays twenty bucks in a club.

So...hell no. In fact, I won't pay over $50 to see them. Anywhere. They're not good enough anymore and it would be a waste of money. At least with the DVD it's a choice of what to watch and you can avoid the awful songs or warhorses and watch the funny stuff over and over.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: February 25, 2009 18:59

I really think they will avert playing warhorses. Let's hope so. As you know, and unfortunately they are creatures of habit. With possibilities of a final tour, perhaps a more favorable set list will be employed.

Date: February 25, 2009 19:19

These ticket prices have gotten so out of control, it's just ridiculous. No way will I spend close to that, and unfortunately that means I probably won't get to see them.

But, they're going to be playing half-full arenas at that price. Nuts.

Posted by: Bingo ()
Date: February 25, 2009 19:36

After spending $250 for Radio City seats...I will never do that again. $50 is all they're worth. Lets face it, for us folks wishing for a completely new set list, it's not going to happen.

With that said, I would only pay $50 to hear the same 16 songs I've been hearing over and over.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 25, 2009 19:40

If you add another 500 dollar you might have dinner with Mick. But you have to pay for the meals of course.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Bimmelzerbott ()
Date: February 25, 2009 19:52

bv
If you add another 500 dollar you might have dinner with Mick. But you have to pay for the meals of course.

He doesn't eat much.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: February 25, 2009 19:57

Bingo
After spending $250 for Radio City seats...I will never do that again. $50 is all they're worth. Lets face it, for us folks wishing for a completely new set list, it's not going to happen.

With that said, I would only pay $50 to hear the same 16 songs I've been hearing over and over.

I understand your frustration Bingo, my complaint at that price would be the set list. However, I'm spending so much on taxes for a govt. that doesn't represent me, money to lawyers and a healthcare system that always disappoints, not to mention, all the other bills, why not spend a smaller amount(500) on my favorite band. It would go a long way for me if BW was back as well, but that sure looks like it ain't gonna happen. Why can't the Stone's hear or acknowledge that their most loyal fans want and deserve a different set list? Love em but they can p3875 me off.

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: February 25, 2009 20:07

Why $500.?
I'm sure that the Stones will offer seats at a lower price as well as higher price...You may want the $50.00 tickets and others who can afford more will pay more...But i think they will offer different seats for every fan...Just like last tour....Funny many pay far more going out for dinner or a basketball game then they are willing to pay to see and hear the GREATEST ROCK BAND OF ALL TIME...Who only tour every 3 years or so!!

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1850
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home