Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT. Michael Jackson 30 nights at The 02
Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: February 21, 2009 12:34

Just read in the daily Mail, Sat , this morning that Michael Jackson is planning to do 30 concerts at the O2 centre London, it says that he wanted to do Europe for his comeback as he would be more popular over here that in the USA and would have no problem selling out every night. It is reported that he will get £1.5 million each night.

His health is still good despite the rumours and ticket prices could top the record set by Barbra Streisand of £500. The dates will be officially released in just a few weeks, the dates will proberbly be in July.

Don't know if it's true but it sounds quite feasable, it will be his first Europeon dates since his History tour back in 97.

I have never been a Jackson fan but if the tickets are the right price (in the cheap seats) I may go because despite all his problems he is still a very talented man and some of his music is quite good.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-02-21 13:53 by pgarof.

Re: OT. Michael Jackson 30 nights at The 02
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 21, 2009 13:15

Shall I lock my kids at home already?

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: February 21, 2009 13:25

i heard he have a new band, 'the plastic faces'

Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: February 21, 2009 13:29

Apparantly his last "concerts" were almost entirely lip-synched...

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: February 21, 2009 14:02

I don't see this happening.

And if he does it, it will damage his already damaged career. I have seen him in concert a couple of times during his history tour and although a good looking show, musically it was a bit poor. A lot of his vocals were on tape. (And that was in 1997 - more than 10 years ago)

Once he had everything (Bad-tour, dangerous tour, the jacksons live show)... but that's years and years ago.

A shame though... he's an amazing talent.

He should just record a great album. He can still do that... but not with people like will i am or Akon.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 21, 2009 14:13

I presume you mean 'some' tickets will be in the £500 range, not all of them.

He's delusional if he thinks that there is a large audience out there in the current economic climate who are willing to pay three times what even the Stones and Madonna were charging to see him.

Certainly not half a million of them in one city. I cant imagine either there's much difference either in his popularity in Europe than there would be in the US.

I know Prince did 21 nights at the 02, and even though he doesnt have the same size of fanbase, at least most of his tickets were pretty cheap (£31.21)

Date: February 21, 2009 14:45

I saw Michael Jackson in the flesh once at Fulham FC of all places. Well, maybe using the term flesh is stretching a point!

Date: February 21, 2009 14:47

I think the £500 range would be for the best seats. I also would not think he could sell out unless the tickets were priced right but i do think there are enough fans hungry to see him again. It says it would be the greatest ever pop comeback tour .

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: February 21, 2009 14:52

Gazza
I presume you mean 'some' tickets will be in the £500 range, not all of them.

He's delusional if he thinks that there is a large audience out there in the current economic climate who are willing to pay three times what even the Stones and Madonna were charging to see him.

Certainly not half a million of them in one city. I cant imagine either there's much difference either in his popularity in Europe than there would be in the US.

I know Prince did 21 nights at the 02, and even though he doesnt have the same size of fanbase, at least most of his tickets were pretty cheap (£31.21)

Good point Gazza. However Van Morrison tickets for Astral Weeks at the Royal Albert Hall went on sale this week and the old bugger is charging an incredible £200 top whack. That's heading for the Barbra Streisand league.

The cheap £39 tickets for the upper nosebleeds (bring your own oxygen) sold out immediately and even the £73 (inc booking fee and postage) ticket I bought was in the lower nosebleeds. If it wasn't such an important show/album I wouldn't have bothered but it's one of my favourite albums.

I fear that The Stones will top their £165 ticket price the next time they go on tour. During the present economic climate they might play to half empty arenas.

Date: February 21, 2009 14:53

Sir Craven of Cottage
I saw Michael Jackson in the flesh once at Fulham FC of all places. Well, maybe using the term flesh is stretching a point!

Was he cottaging?

Posted by: From4tilLate ()
Date: February 21, 2009 15:02

He's not going to fill 30 nights at the O2, esp. at those prices.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: February 21, 2009 15:10

record ticket sales????? the reason he didnt tour ten years ago was because no tix were selling, why would they sell now??????

Date: February 21, 2009 17:00

I'm not going to try to defend him by any means as I am not really a fan BUT it was over 10 years ago and I think people are wanting to see him as he hasn't played for so long, look at The Police and Genesis last year. But you are right in a way, not at those prices.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 21, 2009 17:31

"an Morrison tickets for Astral Weeks at the Royal Albert Hall went on sale this week and the old bugger is charging an incredible £200"

First the bashing of fan sites offering boots of his shows for free, now this... Gloria!

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: February 21, 2009 17:53

Japan is his biggest market.

He's to the Japanses like what Jesus is to Italians. Remember they are a different culture. Where else in the world can one buy used young girls panties from a vending machine?

Posted by: Duane in Houston ()
Date: February 21, 2009 18:17

Never happen

Posted by: chris girard ()
Date: February 21, 2009 18:31

I just got tickets for Clapton & Winwood in DC. Top price for tickets were $158, and then $88. I got some good seats in sectioin 109 for $88.

IF you paid me $500 I still wouldn't go see Michael Jackson. His nose might fall off in the middle of the concert and I don't need to see him grab his balls either.

I can't imagine one month of MJ in England at those prices. I don't know how things are in Europe, but we are not doing very well here. I lost a lot of money from my retirement account and my house lost about $50,000 in value in the past 6 months and its still on its way down. I can afford a concert now and then but we have cut way back on entertainment.

I got a couple of tickets to see Eric Burdon in a few weeks, those tickets were only $55 each. I understand he still puts on a good show.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: February 21, 2009 18:59

dcba
Shall I lock my kids at home already?

I must consider myself a lucky man because neither I, nor my wife and our children have the slightest interest to see this "guy" (?) live.

besides, it will be just a Vegas-style cash-in event by an artist who is artistically finished anyway.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-02-21 19:00 by alimente.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: February 21, 2009 19:29

30 nights at the O2. Isn't that something like 600,000 tickets? Are there really 600,000 people in the entire world who would PAY to see this guy?

Posted by: LastStopThisTown ()
Date: February 21, 2009 20:05

Off the wall and Thriller are great albums - i'd love to hear some his stuff 'live'. Yes he's past his best, not the talent he was, but i'm willing to hear a 'Best Of' set. It could be a good show.

If he charged Prince's prices i think it'd sell out.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: February 21, 2009 23:11

30 shows too many!

Date: February 22, 2009 00:19

He's just too weird for my taste. First he did that foot tapping thing at the Minneapolis airport Mensroom, drove to Atlanta wearing a diaper to kill some astronuts girlfriend, got involved in a dogfighting ring, broke a toilet seat on the Hubble space craft and then sent our troops to Iraq without cause. I am done with him.

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: February 22, 2009 06:15

I'm not a concert promoter, but can he sell out that many shows? Do that many Brits want to see him that he can sell out 30 consecutive shows. Yes people will travel from abroad to the 02 to see him, but enough to sell out 30 shows.

I'd pay to see him led away in hand-cuffs in a prisoner's outfit, just a random thought.

Posted by: bumbum ()
Date: February 22, 2009 11:27

Only god knows which insurance company dears entering in this deal.

There is a very big risk that he doens't do any consert at all.

Last time he appeard at a show (not consert) he was a disaster / behaved strange.

Posted by: LOGIE ()
Date: February 22, 2009 13:36

In the celebrity-obsessed UK, Whacko will have no problem shifting 600,000 tickets if need be, even if he mimes the entire show.

...and yes, there are even some who will be more than happy to shell out £500 for the "special packages".

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: February 22, 2009 14:38

trainarollin
He's just too weird for my taste. First he did that foot tapping thing at the Minneapolis airport Mensroom, drove to Atlanta wearing a diaper to kill some astronuts girlfriend, got involved in a dogfighting ring, broke a toilet seat on the Hubble space craft and then sent our troops to Iraq without cause. I am done with him.

That's child's play compared to what he's really done.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: February 22, 2009 16:45

so when these tix dont sell is he going to pretend he is sick like he did the last time his tix sales flopped

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 22, 2009 17:24

deadegad
I'm not a concert promoter, but can he sell out that many shows? Do that many Brits want to see him that he can sell out 30 consecutive shows. Yes people will travel from abroad to the 02 to see him, but enough to sell out 30 shows.

I'd pay to see him led away in hand-cuffs in a prisoner's outfit, just a random thought.

30 shows is almost half a million tickets. If its his only shows in Europe (as was the case with Prince), and maybe even the world, then, yes he has enough fans who would buy tickets. Prince managed to do it, and Jacko hasnt toured in a very long time.

Then again, the world is quite different in 2009 than it was in 2007.The key is whether the shows are (like Prince's) priced in a way where they would attract casual fans who happen to be in London that month.

Date: February 22, 2009 18:09

30 Nights? Sod Michael Jackson and all he stands for.
Let's have 30 Days instead.
Let's have some real balls out Stonesy rawk'n'roll.
Ladies and Genlemen...I give you...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-02-22 18:10 by Silver Dagger.

Date: February 22, 2009 19:03

Well, Isn't London the home of Big Ben? Imagine the disapointment when Michael finds out it's a clock.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2424
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home