Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6
Re: OT : the future of America in 2009 2010 2011
Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: February 15, 2009 01:19

I'm narrow minded or this fear monger dude? Ha ha. That's funny if you're talking about me.

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: February 15, 2009 01:29

What has happened to economy, jobs etc is not a american phenomenon only. It concerns us all. My posting that map was a little humourous hint that there are other people on this planet, and we suffer just as much as the US these days.
Of course the US is a major player in all this, but if we don´t look beyond nationality etc, we won´t solve this.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Date: February 15, 2009 02:01

Oh. I get it. I was just going off about CHINESE BOOTS!

Date: February 15, 2009 02:02

Maybe going global or whatever moniker it could be is not such a good thing anymore? Whatever happened to buy and support your local whatever?

Posted by: WahtUp ()
Date: February 15, 2009 02:26

To quote russiatoday.com is funny, esp on this topic, do YOU suppose there is any bias?

be sure look in the mirror FIRST....everyone.

maybe we need a thread called
OT : the future of Europe in 2009 2010 2011

But most of you are too arrogagant and short sighted to even understand
that this is a tiny planet,,,,IT IS NOT "WE" Versus "THEM"....much as hate mongers like to preach that.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 15, 2009 02:27

16 BILLION Big Macs....Nearly three for every person on the planet....

Hey I've only ever had one of 'em ...So that means some of you dudes have had at least FOUR maybe even FIVE..!!!

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: February 15, 2009 02:31

Rockman

Hey I've only ever had one of 'em ...So that means some of you dudes have had at least FOUR maybe even FIVE..!!!

Heck, I ate a ton of those things when I was a kid!
Now I usually go to the "Golden Arches" when I can't wait to get home to use the toilet.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: February 15, 2009 04:17

Rockman

Big Macs are the reason why SUV's were designed, and the obscene American cost of healthcare is due in part to all those quarter pound fat bombs they jingle into so many tummies.

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: February 15, 2009 04:49

HERE'S THE ANSWER. FINALLY, I WAS SENT HERE JUST TO DROP THIS OFF
this Planet sucks, now I can finally get back to JUPITER where it ROCKS !!!

FINE LIVE VERSION

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: February 15, 2009 05:09

the stimulus bill will be signed on tuesday that should start to get the ball rolling anyway, something better happen soon thats for sure

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: February 15, 2009 06:35

Grab your ticket and your suitcase
Thunder's rolling down the tracks
You don't know where you're goin'
But you know you won't be back
Darlin' if you're weary
Lay your head upon my chest
We'll take what we can carry
And we'll leave the rest

Big Wheels rolling through fields
Where sunlight streams
Meet me in a land of hope and dreams

I will provide for you
And I'll stand by your side
You'll need a good companion for
This part of the ride
Leave behind your sorrows
Let this day be the last
Tomorrow there'll be sunshine
And all this darkness past

Big wheels roll through fields
Where sunlight streams
Meet me in a land of hope and dreams

This train
Carries saints and sinners
This train
Carries losers and winners
This Train
Carries whores and gamblers
This Train
Carries lost souls
This Train
Dreams will not be thwarted
This Train
Faith will be rewarded
This Train
Hear the steel wheels singin'
This Train
Bells of freedom ringin'
This Train
Carries broken-hearted
This Train
Thieves and sweet souls departed
This Train
Carries fools and kings
This Train
All aboard

This Train
Dreams will not be thwarted
This Train
Faith will be rewarded
This Train
Hear the steel wheels singin'
This Train
Bells of freedom ringin'

Posted by: Nikolai ()
Date: February 15, 2009 11:03

Thanks for posting this, DCBA. Interesting item, but the guy's advice is nothing new - "save your money" and "buy gold". Hell, my Glaswegian grandmother (God rest her beautiful soul) told me that when she gave me £5.00 in 1970: "Save your money and put it in gold". Secondly, slamming Obama after he's been in the job for what? - three weeks - is a bit much. And, as others have pointed out, consider the source ....

Yes, the economy is in a lot of trouble, but we're all feeling it. England for one, is probably going to be the worst hit of the European countries. We don't make anything any more. We went from being an industrial nation to a financial centre. And now we're really paying for it. Jim Rogers recently advised investors to take all their money out of the country and sell their sterling.

[business.timesonline.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-02-15 11:05 by Nikolai.

OT : the future of Europe in 2009 2010 2011
Posted by: WahtUp ()
Date: February 15, 2009 02:27

Look in the mirror first, before you start judging.

Re: OT : the future of Europe in 2009 2010 2011
Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: February 15, 2009 06:44

Spain to win the World Cup next year probably.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: February 15, 2009 09:13

Hopefully the Euro will drop (vs. the US Dollar) so I can make another visit there soon.

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: February 15, 2009 10:11

Hopefully the Stones will be touring here again winking smiley

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 15, 2009 11:01

Maybe we could all move ta Poland and break all the rock laws .........

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: February 15, 2009 12:12

mickijaggeroo
What has happened to economy, jobs etc is not a american phenomenon only. It concerns us all. My posting that map was a little humourous hint that there are other people on this planet, and we suffer just as much as the US these days.
Of course the US is a major player in all this, but if we don´t look beyond nationality etc, we won´t solve this.

Send that other map (you once did) as well!

- Doxa

Re: OT: The future in these tough times
Posted by: MacPhisto ()
Date: February 15, 2009 12:29

You sure know this song? It's funny... or is it? grinning smiley

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: February 15, 2009 13:24

In fact, we don't really feel the tough times yet. We are just seeing the beginning. Public consumption in many area is down ~50%, purchasing power is very low especially in the US (everything has been financed by credit, now banks don't give credits). Companies are introducing short-time work, but many of them cannot cover their fixed expenses anymore and there will be many more layoffs. Investments are already down to almost 0 in many areas. Especially all the suppliers will really feel it in some months, because companies usually pay their bills after a few months. Many big companies will crash, no doubt. Some states as well...If the whole systems survives will depend on if we can save some big banks (or use bad banks) that are able to give credits to customers.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: February 15, 2009 13:28

Why did this all start anyway? Was it merely becasue everybody talked about it all of a sudden?

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 15, 2009 14:03

I am not sure if this could be called tough times really. If you ask a poor guy in Africa or South America they probably don't relate to the "problem" that housing prices does not climb 30% per year anymore. They don't know anything about NASDAQ and neither do I. They say people suddenly stopped wasting money on luxury. May be that is good news. I have one question only: Is a Stones tour luxury?

I do know there are lots and lots of jobs in the car industry. Detroit. USA in general. Japan, Germany. Even Norway. All over. People don't replace their cars as often as before. So it's a problem. We have to adjust. I am pretty sure the finance people will come up with some bright ideas on how people in the world can start spending once again, after all that's what makes them going. Then we will be spending, again, and then there is a new tour. Pretty much.

For me it is simple. As long as it keeps snowing, I can't see any other things in life. I spend most of my spare time on snow these days, and the financial crisis have to wait until spring time for me. May be I won't ever have a Jaguar. My big dream. Such a silly dream still. With all this snow, I don't need a car anyway.

Bjornulf

Date: February 15, 2009 14:16

Bjornulf, very interesting and thought provoking point about how people in Africa/South America perceive this crisis. They didn't participate in our mad "shopping society" in the first place and perhaps that also makes live more enjoyable in a way.

I could go on and on about the car industry now, but I think that would just bore people. Fact is (in my opinion) that GM and Chrysler will file Chapter 11 in a couple of months and while I agree on the general feeling that our world is better with less cars, this will be a serious and hard hit to the economy.

A very interesting little documentary about how spending keeps everything going (and how that is not necessarily a good thing): [www.storyofstuff.com]

(btw, Vilhelm - you guys got sold to Chery (China) yet winking smiley ?)

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: February 15, 2009 14:44

mickijaggeroo
Lorenz
Mind boggling how narrow minded some people still are....

winking smiley

Killer post MJ ... ten out of ten !!

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: February 15, 2009 14:50

Lorenz
I could go on and on about the car industry now, but I think that would just bore people. Fact is (in my opinion) that GM and Chrysler will file Chapter 11 in a couple of months and while I agree on the general feeling that our world is better with less cars, this will be a serious and hard hit to the economy.

I would not be bored, Lorenz, since I work at a GM dealership.
E-mail me if you want: edithgrove102@hotmail.com

Date: February 15, 2009 14:57

Edith Grove
Lorenz

I would not be bored, Lorenz, since I work at a GM dealership.
E-mail me if you want: [email protected]

Sent you a message smiling smiley

Posted by: Riffbuk ()
Date: February 15, 2009 15:11

I came across with this theory by a journalist called Daniel Estulin

"In a Bilderberg report from 1996 I came across a phrase which unfortunately took me too long to understand. The phrase was 'DEMAND DESTRUCTION'.

To be honest with you, I completely forgot about the phrase because amongst other reasons I was still new to Bilderberg and did not understand too many things to concern myself with this one phrase...Untill 2002, when I came across this phrase again, but this in a Club of Rome report and CFR report. By then, I had established a very good professional relationship with a very important member of the World Bank who was very critical of Bilderberg and their plans. I asked this person (won´t tell you if it is a he or a she) what 'demand destruction' meant. This person asked me. 'How do you destroy demand?' I said through Wars, would be one way.

'Yes, may be. But there is a much easier way', this person said to me.

'You destroy demand by destroying world economy ON PURPOSE'.

'Why would the elite want to do that?', I asked.

'To protect the energy reserves of the planet for the wealthy. You see,' this person told me, 'if people are poor, they don’t buy, travel spend... You need energy and natural resources to do all that. By destroying their wealth you can destroy them'.

That´s what Club of Rome and Bilderberg plan of 'Zero Growth' is all about. By the way, the idea of zero growth was presented to the American public by Paul Volcker in the late 1970s, when he was Chairman of Federal Reserve. Who does Volcker work for today? That´s right, Barak Obama!".

Posted by: Barn Owl ()
Date: February 15, 2009 15:37

It's time for us all to take stock of things and to realise that which really is important in our lives, and that which isn't.

...and to start enjoying the world we live in instead of constantly trying to exploit it.

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: February 15, 2009 16:18

Lorenz

(btw, Vilhelm - you guys got sold to Chery (China) yet winking smiley ?)

No, that´s the Volvo Car Corporation (VCC) that´s owned by Ford, that probably is up for sale. I´m at Volvo Penta now, and before that Volvo Powertrain. Volvo sold VCC to Ford, so the Volvo company was split in two, VCC on one side, and the rest of the Volvo companies on the other. So only name in common these days, more or less. But the economy hit the industry hard here,lot´s of people getting layed off. And , to make a long story short, the chinese have been mentioned in all this mess..

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-02-15 16:33 by mickijaggeroo.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 15, 2009 18:26

As one or two people objected to the nature of the link I posted ("Russia? Those damn Commies". I thought the Cold Was over...), now here's a 100% clean article courtesy of "The NY Times". Hardly more optimistic.
[www.nytimes.com]

Nouriel Roubini (who too foresaw the s@#t we're in) has a blog I recommend warmly
[www.rgemonitor.com]

Thanks for the comments. They've been for the most part excellent. And Bjornulf I agrre with you 100%...

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1314
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home