Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Fort Worth 1997 info ; It Is A Soundboard !!!!!
Posted by: Tornandfrayed ()
Date: February 11, 2009 21:51

I´m pretty certain this is a VG/EXC audience recording.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: February 11, 2009 22:25

VERY NICE!

Can't wait to download it tonight!! THANKS URBANSTEEL!

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: February 11, 2009 22:47

Tornandfrayed
I´m pretty certain this is a VG/EXC audience recording.

having sampled some of the songs, i agree. it's a very nice stereo audience. the bass and the vocals give it away as an audience.

Posted by: starstar74 ()
Date: February 12, 2009 00:23

Great show! Thanks for uploading! Micks vocals are great and the guitars are pretty loud!

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: February 12, 2009 00:49

Having listened a bit to it myself; TornAndFrayed is correct - it's an audience recording...
Fort Worth was one of the recordings I enjoyed the most listening to in the autumn of 1997....in the good ol' tape-trade-days. Crazy Mama did sound better in the "ragged audience recording" though.....when you get it crystal-clear, as on this new bootleg, one can hear certain things which.....sounds better when it's buired in the mix - so one can't hear who's doing what - to such an extent. It's a nice show anyway...the RS shows in Texas always seem to be among the very best ones of a tour.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-02-12 01:15 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: Dali ()
Date: February 12, 2009 01:12

Is Ronnie doing backing vocals on @#$%&?

Date: February 12, 2009 01:16

Dali

haven't listened all the way thru this one - but he almost always does - he certainly did at the oakland '97 show...sharing mick's mic

Posted by: Dali ()
Date: February 12, 2009 01:28

T&A
Dali

haven't listened all the way thru this one - but he almost always does - he certainly did at the oakland '97 show...sharing mick's mic

Thanks, T&A.
Is there any picture or video?
Ronnie and Mick shared a mic during IORR in Rio, 95.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: February 12, 2009 01:30

nice man!!!!! downloaded some select trax so far, great stuff to have in SBD, thanks!!!!!

Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: February 12, 2009 01:49

Sorry to take people off-topic from how good this boot is by pondering on its audio source. But the more I listen to it, it also reminds of me Atlanta 2002 - another excellent 'almost' soundboard AUD recording. Then again, this also has a similar sound to Oakland '94 which by all accounts was a soundboard recording. So who knows?

Either way, I love the upfront guitars on this one!! You can really hone in on what K and R are doing down to the slightest note. Okay, maybe that isn't ALWAYS a good thing, but you gotta take the good with the bad. Listening to Keith's razor-sharp Chuck Berry riffs made me miss how well he played on this tour. He was on fire. And Mick's vocal, though strained at times, is clearly a lot more "into it" than other shows from this tour. Check him out on "Bitch" - he nails it!

My favorite thing so far though has been the opening to "Crazy Mama" - I did NOT expect those guitars to come blazing out of my speakers the way they did!

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: February 12, 2009 03:39

Perhaps this is an inside 'audience' recording. Just now surfacing like Training Wheels which seems to have been acquired through being on the inside. Maybe this is such a great recording because its done by one of the crew on the stage side area, and not somebody in the audience.

Posted by: curtisdavis ()
Date: February 12, 2009 06:00

Love the guitars period.
Thanks for a great recording.I'm on the second song and i love it already.

Coming Down Again

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: February 12, 2009 07:40

It sounds like an excellent audience recording.How I miss Keith playing like this ! I think the recording is so good because this tour had the clearest sound system of any tour IMHO.

sc uk

Posted by: out of my head ()
Date: February 12, 2009 07:58

Little Queenie is raw and rockin. Starts a bit sluggish and then just catches fire and rocks my ass off. Love it !! Great stuff ! Guitars are awesome. But this is definitely an excellent audience recording. Still sounds better than a lot of soundboards though.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: February 12, 2009 15:49

This is fantastic. I'm having so much fun with this! Best version of Little Queenie, EVER.

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: February 12, 2009 19:09

GODDAM!! This version of Little Queenie is soo good, Keith and Ronnie is on fire!

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-02-12 19:14 by mickijaggeroo.

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: February 12, 2009 20:03

theimposter
Still digging on this one. One thought though - and no offense to anyone who likely has better ears than I when it comes to this stuff - but the audio sound similar to those many boots that surfaced during the European part of this tour, following No Security leg. Those, as I remember, were at first thought to be soundboard until the consensus seemed to be they were technically audience recording, taped right by the stage. Could this be the case here? Or are we certain it is a true board recording?

I think you're right, this is not a soundboard. It's another superb audience recording (like Stuttgart 99 etc.). Just my opinion.

Date: February 12, 2009 20:09

midnrambler
theimposter
Still digging on this one. One thought though - and no offense to anyone who likely has better ears than I when it comes to this stuff - but the audio sound similar to those many boots that surfaced during the European part of this tour, following No Security leg. Those, as I remember, were at first thought to be soundboard until the consensus seemed to be they were technically audience recording, taped right by the stage. Could this be the case here? Or are we certain it is a true board recording?

I think you're right, this is not a soundboard. It's another superb audience recording (like Stuttgart 99 etc.). Just my opinion.

stuttgart remains the standard by which all latter-era stones audience recordings should be judged...this one is pretty good, but not "stuttgart-good"

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: February 12, 2009 20:30

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-14 13:43 by UrbanSteel.

Date: February 12, 2009 21:42

UrbanSteel, can you please post the link to your Stones archives. I had it bookmarked but it got deleted. Thanks.

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: February 12, 2009 21:44

X

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-14 13:41 by UrbanSteel.

Date: February 12, 2009 22:13

Thanks again

Date: February 13, 2009 03:46

Vehemently agreed, Midnrambler and T&A. I played that Stuttgart '99 recording endlessly, along with some of the other fine 'audience' tapes from that tour: Oslo (I believe), and the excellent-sounding Wembley show. They set a new standard for me in non-soundboard Stones recordings.

I think this Ft. Worth show is of the same ilk. We're lucky to have it, and if it IS a true audience boot, then it would - from a sound standpoint - even trump the great MSG III recording as the finest audience recording from the tour. But that was also a wonderful performance, and this one is pretty hot too. Made me remember just how 'on' they could be on this tour.

Date: February 13, 2009 03:52

theimposter
Vehemently agreed, Midnrambler and T&A. I played that Stuttgart '99 recording endlessly, along with some of the other fine 'audience' tapes from that tour: Oslo (I believe), and the excellent-sounding Wembley show. They set a new standard for me in non-soundboard Stones recordings.

I think this Ft. Worth show is of the same ilk. We're lucky to have it, and if it IS a true audience boot, then it would - from a sound standpoint - even trump the great MSG III recording as the finest audience recording from the tour. But that was also a wonderful performance, and this one is pretty hot too. Made me remember just how 'on' they could be on this tour.

as i was discussing with a local pal offline yesterday - who'd have thunk back then that ten years hence we'd be looking back on this era as the "good ol' daze" of the band....

Date: February 13, 2009 04:20

No kidding, T&A. I won't forget how apprehensive I was when I watched the opening night preview of this tour on VH1, thinking to myself, "How good will they sound?" Those fears were gone about 10 seconds into 'Satisfaction'. Babylon was a fine tour, and this document is another good reminder as to why. I realize they still have a great show to offer in recent years, but this was one of the last times that they sounded this raw. I realize people will differ from that opinion, saying either that they have sounded just as good in subsequent tours or that they weren't that good on this tour even, but the evidence is in the music.

This gem of a recording, while not perfect, gives us a great snapshot of the Stones on a good night from a great tour.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: February 13, 2009 06:55

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Dead Flowers. That track is a dead giveaway that this is not a soundboard. The entire sound field shifts to the right channel. It is an audience recording from either a security officer, a photographer, or someone with the band. I say this because you can clearly hear the sound of pro photographs being taken throughout the show. Anyone who has worked with film/digital photography should know the classic engage sound of clicking your camera.

This is a great recording. Definitely one of the best audience recordings I have ever heard. Amazing separation. I'm very curious what mics were used and where they were placed.

Posted by: riccardo99 ()
Date: February 13, 2009 07:39

Will check when I get it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-02-13 09:02 by riccardo99.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: February 13, 2009 21:18

I knew within the first 2 seconds this was an audience recording. Someone on Dime who was at the show said there was a grassy area away from any seats that had speakers pointing right at it. I have made no crowd noise audience recordings too, it can be done, sometimes with luck and sometimes with placement/strategy.

Date: February 13, 2009 21:36

Dan
I knew within the first 2 seconds this was an audience recording. Someone on Dime who was at the show said there was a grassy area away from any seats that had speakers pointing right at it. I have made no crowd noise audience recordings too, it can be done, sometimes with luck and sometimes with placement/strategy.

yep - no kidding, dan. can't believe there's been all this speculation and investigation, frankly. it's a good aud, but geezus, for anyone who has spent any appreciable time listening to bootlegs...the first couple seconds of the first sample i heard of this told me it was an audience.

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: February 13, 2009 21:41

Really, who cares? It´s an excellent recording, and we are most grateful that it showed up, so let the music do the talking smiling smiley

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1869
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home