Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Who Will Be The Next Stone To Release A Solo Album?
Posted by: T&A ()
Date: February 10, 2009 23:32

recile has done some studio work with keith in the fairly recent past on a handful of projects...

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: February 10, 2009 23:44

skipstone
George Recile isn't on either of Keith's albums nor anything commercial that I am aware of.

He's on the Wingless Angels album.
He's also on Hubert Sumlin's "About Them Shoes" which both Keith and Blondie played on.
Also on the "Charlie Watts/Jim Keltner Project" album (also featuring Keith and Blondie).
Keith and George also played on Ivan Neville's album "Thanks" from 1994.
Keith, Blondie, Bobby and George recorded together in 2001, and it's possible that parts from that session was used on Marsha Hansen's "My Soul Is A Witness" album.

Posted by: cbtaco19 ()
Date: February 10, 2009 23:45

George Recilie was the drummer on the Marsha Hunt CD, right? He also sang a track on the last Hubert Sumlin all star guest album. His singing was great, he sounds like John Hammond.

Also, remember when Ronnie's website was running a contest to suggest a '70's song to cover for his upcoming solo album? That was about a year ago I think.

I'm tired, I'm tired of doing what I'm told.
Things are moving way too slow.

Date: February 10, 2009 23:49

believe george is also keith's drummer on "you win again" - his contribution to the hank williams tribute, "timeless"

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: February 10, 2009 23:52

Unless I'm mistaken George Recile is the drummer on both "Still a Fool" and "You Win Again." The only true Keith studio recordings to see the light of day since MAIN OFFENDER.

As to my lack of credit for Bill's work with The Rhythm Kings...he's not being Bill Wyman - solo artist, he's playing bass in an oldies band and singing the odd song. That's hardly Bill at the forefront in the same way it was when he made solo albums. The songwriting doesn't have to be there. The fact that Keith's only true studio tracks since the Winos days are covers doesn't invalidate them as solo recordings. If you can't see the difference between that consider the Rhythm Kings could replace him with another bass player and still function.

For anyone who took offense at my lack of love for NOT FOR BEGINNERS, its my opinion. Some people love it, great. There is no wrong or right when it comes to enjoying music or not.

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: February 10, 2009 23:58

Rocky Dijon
Unless I'm mistaken George Recile is the drummer on both "Still a Fool" and "You Win Again." The only true Keith studio recordings to see the light of day since MAIN OFFENDER.

As to my lack of credit for Bill's work with The Rhythm Kings...he's not being Bill Wyman - solo artist, he's playing bass in an oldies band and singing the odd song. That's hardly Bill at the forefront in the same way it was when he made solo albums. The songwriting doesn't have to be there. The fact that Keith's only true studio tracks since the Winos days are covers doesn't invalidate them as solo recordings. If you can't see the difference between that consider the Rhythm Kings could replace him with another bass player and still function.

For anyone who took offense at my lack of love for NOT FOR BEGINNERS, its my opinion. Some people love it, great. There is no wrong or right when it comes to enjoying music or not.

You're wrong. Wait, no, maybe you're right. Shit, I don't know. Where's that joint?

Date: February 10, 2009 23:58

he's the band leader and the guy calling the shots, rocky. i understand your point, but then again, the count basie, duke ellington and tommy dorsey orchestras continue to this day with replacements - so nobody's irreplaceable...

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: February 11, 2009 00:13

T&A - didn´t know that those jazzgroups were still arond. I love good, timeless music. Touches my heart.

Date: February 11, 2009 00:16

Bjorn
T&A - didn´t know that those jazzgroups were still arond. I love good, timeless music. Touches my heart.

no kidding. me too. obviously, you won't find any original members - most dearly departed us decades ago. but, the spirit of the original bands remains. think there are many other big bands bearing their originators' names still touring. i love big band/swing music...

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: February 11, 2009 00:17

joss stone

[en.wikipedia.org]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-02-11 00:27 by Beelyboy.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: February 11, 2009 00:25

I think it will be Ron(cause he needs the dough! HAHA). But I hope he gets some people on board like Mac and maybe Izzy Stradlin and Rick Richards as producers and band members. For one thing Izzy loves Ron and know how to do that beautiful 70s stuff of Rons and Richards is a great producer for kick ass r n r. Lets hope it aint a bunch of that wussy fluff like "Not For Beginners"! I know some folks like it but "Got My Own Album To Do" it AINT!

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: February 11, 2009 01:31

scottkeef
I think it will be Ron

Come to think of it - there was a competition last year; in which we suggested for a coversong that he could record for his "next album"...we never got to know who won. Ronnie just got himself an affair - and a party instead. He probably forgot about the whole project....?

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: February 11, 2009 05:23

Another consideration is that the proposed cover album project was a Wooden Records deal and I'm not so sure Wooden Records still exists or will exist much longer. Ronnie was allegedly laying down solo tracks when he was out in LA. He claimed the working title for the CD is MORE GOOD NEWS (that's classic Ronnie wit for you). The announcement that the Interscope team are managing Ronnie now and his recent visit to the Stones' office may be an indication that he is getting one more shot at a major label release. I would consider it unlikely, but if so, good for him and best of luck to him. I'm not a big fan of latterday Ronnie's songs or voice so I'm not expecting a classic from him. I would love to think he's just been overdubbing guitar parts for a Stones album and that was the same thing Keith and Blondie were up to, but I fear that's not the case. Everyone is being close-lipped. We'll see eventually what they're up to.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: February 11, 2009 06:39

Matt Clifford

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Svartmer ()
Date: February 11, 2009 22:04

audun-eg
Rocky Dijon

I would love to be proved wrong, but the world doesn't need another collection of drunken amateur demos like NOT FOR BEGINNERS. Yes, its harsh but its my opinion.

I find NFB one of Ronnies finest. He wasn't singing to good, but he was playing real well! That album has got a lot of soul and nerve.

I think it´s ok too, not his best, but...here´s the story about that album.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2150
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home