Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Aren't you tired of being so insulting about the Rolling Stones ?
Posted by: squando ()
Date: February 8, 2009 11:27

Man I need what are you guys chewing these days. I love em - someone else doesn't - who gives a rat's arse?

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 8, 2009 11:56

Justin
This is NOT "insulting" the band....

straycatuk
Most complainers here only moan about the Stones because they (myself included) care greatly about them and hate to see any (inevitable) decline in their stature/playing/albums/tours - take your pick

THIS is:

mexicostone
this is not a hard song!
i can't feel any "edgey" feel on it , this is for guys who are still learning how to play basic chords!

i really doubt you have any musical sense and knowledge with guitars.
agressive? no way. it's a complete mess.

mexicostone
poor old keef will poo trying to do that , the man is over!

mexicostone
doing kick-ass music and become a rocknroll band again , thing they haven't done since 1981 and i think they can't and will never do that again.

Anyway , everybody here including myself sound like insane idiots , who are we to think what would happen with the band ??, only they know!!
they will never care about anything anybody here will say!!!

mexicostone
again the same shit about the level of stones and other bands.
anyway , i love both bands but i think both are of the kind of bands who are over nowadays.
both bands sound like shit these days..

mexicostone
if you prefer the stones , that's fine for me , i like them too , i just don't think they're any good since a long time ago , they've already got their amazing rocking days , it's just over now

I think it is safe to say that it's members like THIS that are not welcome.

Mexicostone, how about you open your own thread and just about once a week you put your pathetic posts bashing the Stones and then leave us alone until the next week to do it again.

What's wrong with some serious criticism,as long as it is not offending?
Some visitors here are very nostalgic, others are not.

I agree with mexicostone,apart from the fact that I would wipe his 1981 and make it '74.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: February 8, 2009 13:37

Mexicostone has been around before as another ilk. Ignore, its just attention seeking.

"poor old keef will poo trying to do that , the man is over!"

Quotes like above aint eeven worth bothering with....

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 8, 2009 14:05

One cannot compare Keith former playing to Megadeth.
Keith wouldn't even try.

Quote Keith :

"Ive been trying to become a great guitarplayer,and like Chuck,Ive failed"
"I'am no John mc Laughlin and I'll never be"

Thank you Keith for your great guitarwork ,singing & composing in the past.thumbs up

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 8, 2009 15:47

If thinking their last great tour was US'99 and 99% of the subsequent gigs sound similar is insulting the band... well I guess I'm being rude then.

Like Dylan the Stones have been starting their "Never Ending Tour" in June'99, unfortunately with lesser results...
I'm listening to Imst'99 and most of the trax could have come from Lyon'07 or MSG'03, they all sound the same.

Posted by: kees ()
Date: February 8, 2009 15:53

I maybe critical too now dcba, but Ronnie was really out of it for most of the USA 99 tour. Listen to the boots, and you will hear moslty one guitar....
It was mostly the surprising set list of the start from US tour that was great.
But once they had arrived in Europe it was already much more standard. With the exception of the SB gig of course.

Date: February 8, 2009 16:15

That was ten years ago? Time moves on. Didn't Ronnie supposedly carry most of the end of the ABB tour?

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: February 8, 2009 17:54

What I can't stand is when people see Shine A Light and then proclaim it to be the best Stones movie when the band is not very good throughout the movie and that little dork Marty sticks his stupid little face in it and ruins it.

And I agree - stating something sucks or is bad does not mean it's insulting the band. Only a 'true fan' holler toss would throw something like that out. Blind trust and all that.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: February 8, 2009 19:41

skipstone
What I can't stand is when people see Shine A Light and then proclaim it to be the best Stones movie when the band is not very good throughout the movie and that little dork Marty sticks his stupid little face in it and ruins it.

And I agree - stating something sucks or is bad does not mean it's insulting the band. Only a 'true fan' holler toss would throw something like that out. Blind trust and all that.

SAL does have it's boring parts. That we can agree on. But so does Gimme Shelter. So does Ladies & Gents. So does CS Blues (Most of it in fact). Their best movie ain't SAL IMO. It's one of either MSG 03 (FF), Olympia 03 (FF), Austin 06 (ABcool smiley or the Voodoo Lounge DVD (Haven't seen the other VL official video, Giants Stadium, but I just got it yesterday, so I'll get back to you).

JumpingKentFlash

Date: February 8, 2009 21:09

Good to see your fighting back Flash! A lone voice in a dark world ma boy.....

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 8, 2009 22:11

"Their best movie ain't SAL IMO. It's one of either MSG 03 (FF), Olympia 03 (FF), Austin 06 (AB"
Ain't these heavily overdubbed/fixed with Pro-tools?
I like my Stones music raw mahself...

Date: February 8, 2009 23:49

Right. I didn't mean movie as in exactly HOW it is what it is - just the live release in general I guess is how I mean it. And in that way, SAL is not that good as, say, the entire Bridges DVD or the MSG Flicks DVD - and yeah - they all have their dull/boring/etc... moments...

W H A T E V E R

Re: Are you tired of so called Rolling Stones Fans insulting The Rolling Stones?
Posted by: it's_all_wrong ()
Date: February 9, 2009 02:34

open-g
mexicostone kid!
why should Keith even bother with that kinda crap you posted?
Double bassdrum sound, spandex pants pinch? or what?
good job he never even bothered about that crapola.
YOU should check out Nancy Sinatra's / Lee Hazelwood's original, or Johnny Thunder's version of "These Boots Are Made For Walkin'"
If those riffs in that song your referring to, cream your pants - let me long distance diagnose ya...
You are on the wrong board!

"Spandex pants"? You obviously have not listened to any Megadeth or any thrash metal. Try to listen to music other than the Stones before calling one of the greatest metal bands "crap"

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: February 9, 2009 02:37

Yikes!

Opinions are opnions, and I do share mine,
But it's getting pretty ugly in here!

[thepowergoats.com]

Date: February 9, 2009 03:13

That's the beauty of the absurdity of saying that someone's opinion is wrong - it's absurd but damn it must be one bad opinion, henceforth it being wrong, etc...like telling someone 'that's not green' when you know they are not colour blind but insist they are....

Date: February 9, 2009 03:14

True.

But whether something can be determined as opnion or fact... that's up for... where am I? I'M SCARED!!!

[thepowergoats.com]

Date: February 9, 2009 03:21

Ha ha.

Hey - there's NOTHING! Not even good or bad reissues yet!

Re: Are you tired of so called Rolling Stones Fans insulting The Rolling Stones?
Posted by: mexicostone ()
Date: February 9, 2009 03:43

Yeah , it seems no one on IORR could ever notice there's something different in the world than the rolling stones.
that song has no tricks and some of the hardest rocknroll riffs and soloing ever done.
1st you have to know something about music , cause music doesn't mean rolling stones at all , there's lots of stuff you've never heard

"Spandex pants"? You obviously have not listened to any Megadeth or any thrash metal. Try to listen to music other than the Stones before calling one of the greatest metal bands "crap"[/quote]

yeah , no one in IORR seems to know anything about music , everyone just think about the stones as if they invented the only good music and no one is better than them , keith wouldnt say that's crap , he would say that's hard and amazing material , which he couldn't play.
i'm not saying the stones are any kind of crap , their songs and stuff is really good , one of my fave bands , but something i see in the most of you , IORR people , is that you've been blinded by your rolling stones' fanatism , you just can't be normal with it , i know any intent by me or anyone else will not change you in any aspect , but try to grow up and see the real world you're living in and you'll see there's more stuff to talk about than the stones and hundreds of thousands of other great bands to listen , and that the most of the musicians would say the stones are over now.
but , what can i say? , you're so sick with them! . you're incredible!!

remember music is about music , not only influences and staying in a closed group of the same kind of people , like you do , you wouldn't listen to anything else than stones , beatles , who , and dylan or else....

i'm really sorry for all of you men....

Date: February 9, 2009 03:45

But you don't feel sorry for the women?
Now that's just plain sexist.

[thepowergoats.com]

Date: February 9, 2009 03:48

i don't see too many women in the forum , but i'm also sorry for the ones who are insane. winking smiley

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: February 9, 2009 04:00

Problem solved: Mexicostone's spandex pants are restricting his blood circulation
to the point he thinks he knows what music is.

Date: February 9, 2009 04:20

MKjan
Problem solved: Mexicostone's spandex pants are restricting his blood circulation
to the point he thinks he knows what music is.

well well , my old fellow , how is that funny?
no one would laugh with your stupid "joke" thumbs down , i know what music is , i know better than you do or lots of people here do.
i can play stones music on my guitar and i feel really good when doing that , but something that makes me different from you is that i'm not so sick about the stones , even keef would say you're ridiculous.
you simply understand nothing.
try to say something like that outside of iorr , and everyone will laugh at you and your fat IORR fellows because the way you're so ridiculous and brain washed.

F R E A K.

that's the word.

Date: February 9, 2009 04:26

mexicostone... I'd sign off and say bu-bye now before you get banned (though that seems inevitable at your rate). You've gone from being ignorably trollish, immature and annoying to just plain rude and spiteful.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: February 9, 2009 05:18

thats the word????
haha.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: February 9, 2009 12:02

sorry Mexicostone but I've been a member of iorr for years and listen regularly to hundreds of different artists bands and musicians. There are even specific threads of playlists on that subject here. Should check before posting again

You argument about Keith versus Megadeth reminds me when I was thirteen and tried to convince my metal friends that sympathy for the devil was great

with no success

Date: February 9, 2009 12:08

"You obviously have not listened to any Megadeth or any thrash metal"

Oh please. Didn't that limited mini craze die out hears ago? All very immature!

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: February 9, 2009 13:37

There's room in the world for all types of guitar player. Yes Keith has problems with arthritis and the after affects of his fall / medication ,but to compare him to a thrash metal player is frankly rediculous.
Even getting keith to play like Buddy Guy or Eric would have been impossible ,even at his peak (1969 -1999) IMHO. He never was that type of player and that's why he's ALMOST unique in the guitar hero circles .More realistic to compare him to say;Townshend,Steve Cropper,Malcolm Young,Chuck Berry...........actually the list is endless and until very recently Keith could hold his own against any of these players.

He's 65 for christ's sake .Nobody expected him to make 35 !
LONG LIVE THE HUMAN RIFF !

sc uk

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 9, 2009 14:10

jamesfdouglas
mexicostone... I'd sign off and say bu-bye now before you get banned (though that seems inevitable at your rate). You've gone from being ignorably trollish, immature and annoying to just plain rude and spiteful.

the funny thing is that he registered here just 10 months ago and his first few posts indicate a completely different attitude to the Stones that he has now. Did Keith piss in his cornflakes or something?

[www.iorr.org]

e.g.

Date: April 6, 2008 18:25

im not bored of the current stones , theyve been always perfect , why should we get bored of the best band in the world , theyve gave you all they can and theyll give us more , youll see , thats what a real band does!

Re: My Bigger Bang European Tour
Date: April 6, 2008 18:30

excellent , i like it!
the stones are greater and greater day by day , they are indestructible!!

Re: Undercover of the night (live from SAL) on youtube!!
Date: April 13, 2008 15:06

How good they are , they still have a long way forward!

Re: Olympia 2003, best recent DVD ???
Date: April 12, 2008 02:59

licks could be better than any other tour before 2002 ,also its better than abb , they were always on fire!

Re: Mick Jagger appoints the successors of the Rolling Stone
Date: April 9, 2008 05:48

acdc are great , but no big signals of their future.
every big band has been influenced by the stones ; acdc , kiss , zep , u2 , etc... , a whole bunch are fans of the stones , no one would ever be " the new great ones" . the stones are the greatest ones forever.

Re: Tour
Date: April 8, 2008 22:22

u2 is great on arenas , the stones are the greatest on stadiums , and so , i think keith is not bad now , hes good as always , just watch SAL!
why would the stones play smaller venues , they have a whole fkin lot of attendance all over the world , theyre the most famous and theyre the greatest rock band ever.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-02-09 14:11 by Gazza.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: February 9, 2009 14:17

Shezeboss
Thank's God, I'm sure they f..k you all (I think you can recognize yourself) Why don't you to share your so bad tastes with u2 or coldplay fans ?

Isn't it a bit unecessary to point your rage against other bands - U2 and Coldplay? Otherwise I fully agree.

Posted by: Tornandfrayed ()
Date: February 9, 2009 14:25

Shine A Light is the most appalling piece of shit I´ve ever seen.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1877
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home