Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: I can't believe those who don't like or love SHINE A LIGHT
Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: February 8, 2009 19:21

JumpingKentFlash
I think I'd take a hot babe in the front row rather than a moaner.

Can't argue with that. I'd rather see contrived T&A (actual tits & ass, not you T&A!!) than some old puffy git who's spent 3 years of their life saving following them around, complaining.

I remember, in 1998, looking a fellow audience member right in the face and telling him to f--- off.

He was in front of me spending the whole show griping about the setlist during the show, griping about cues, the guitar playing... during the show. He was dressed head to toes in Stones stuff, weighed about twice as myself and was there (big surprise) by himself. I know this because he was shouting all of this at the band.

That know-it-all douchebag knew I was really enjoying it, knew I was a big fan, and made a point, after the lights went up, to challenge the quality off the show. I looked at my date, looked back at him, and could only say... "f--- off".

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: February 8, 2009 20:56

gimme a show to enjoy and i will enjoy it, that takes care of that

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: February 8, 2009 21:08

Is this what you mean Melillo??

Date: February 8, 2009 21:27

now lets not get crazy now, that looks like charlies grandmother, lol

Posted by: Rufestone ()
Date: February 8, 2009 21:36

It is the Big Mick Jagger Show .. for rest is it shit .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-02-08 21:37 by Rufestone.

Date: February 8, 2009 21:38

shine a light was fine, all i meant was it could have been better in the extras department, 15 minutes i mean cmon what are ya kidding me

Date: February 8, 2009 21:54

"It is the Big Mick Jagger Show .. for rest is it shit ."

Thanks for the concise review.....

Posted by: audun-eg ()
Date: February 9, 2009 00:51

jamesfdouglas
JumpingKentFlash
I think I'd take a hot babe in the front row rather than a moaner.

Can't argue with that. I'd rather see contrived T&A (actual tits & ass, not you T&A!!) than some old puffy git who's spent 3 years of their life saving following them around, complaining.

I remember, in 1998, looking a fellow audience member right in the face and telling him to f--- off.

He was in front of me spending the whole show griping about the setlist during the show, griping about cues, the guitar playing... during the show. He was dressed head to toes in Stones stuff, weighed about twice as myself and was there (big surprise) by himself. I know this because he was shouting all of this at the band.
The right and only thing to do! I mean, why bother attending the concert anyway. The Stones aren't what they were, but I don't expect that either. I do know I love them, though.

That know-it-all douchebag knew I was really enjoying it, knew I was a big fan, and made a point, after the lights went up, to challenge the quality off the show. I looked at my date, looked back at him, and could only say... "f--- off".

[www.reverbnation.com]

Posted by: magenta ()
Date: February 9, 2009 05:06

Why? If I am there and I am on the floor then I am as happy as I can be.
A real Stones that rock and roll is mostly those little girls, so who cares. Anybody who got into the Beacon those nights have nothing to complain about. Did someone take their tickets from them. If not then cool out. If one of the bimbos would have been Paris Hilton then maybe I would be bugged. Still, Shine On Light is still good. It wasn't the young and hungry TAMI show Rolling Stones, it was the modern day Stones. Still skinny though.

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: February 9, 2009 07:19

I don't like the movie.

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: February 10, 2009 20:56

Shezeboss, it is amazing but true that not everyone perceives things the same way you do. It would be a boring world indeed if everyone did!

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: February 10, 2009 21:41

"Follow the leader"...and DON´T question anything, right? Stones USED to be the greates band in the world...Charlie, Bill, Keith, Taylor (Ron 78-82) and Mick did things...SO FANTASTIC!!! at that time. So raw and full of energy. Why should I care for this Vegas-act now? "Bring Scorsese and we will be back on the road". Don´t think so.

Date: February 10, 2009 22:07

Frig me these threads aint half piggin boring!

Posted by: NorthShoreBlues2 ()
Date: February 10, 2009 22:34

T&A
last waltz was a movie and a gig...how was this any diff?

I liked SAL; but the Last Waltz is a masterpiece. Its not fair to Marty b/c the Last Waltz was done in the late 70's and SAL is now; the huge difference is the editing.

Which is the key to all great film. Those long lingering shots in the Last Waltz are priceless, while is SAL its a MTV video; fast editing; which is why four licks is awful. T

he best editing for a stones film maybe Ladies and Gentlemen . . . evrything else is difficult to watch (i.e Hyde Park, Marquee 71)

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: February 11, 2009 09:28

Shine a Light is for casual fans, who just want loudness, and who marvel of the fact that they can still pull it off, in some sort of way.

There is a Stones we dream of (swagger), and there is a Stones that belongs to reality (taking shortcuts/ doing radiorock/ going through the motions). I wonder if those two ever have met.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: February 11, 2009 10:50

noughties
Shine a Light is for casual fans, who just want loudness, and who marvel of the fact that they can still pull it off, in some sort of way.

There is a Stones we dream of (swagger), and there is a Stones that belongs to reality (taking shortcuts/ doing radiorock/ going through the motions). I wonder if those two ever have met.

I'm a hardcore fan who digs it to the max. In which category do I belong???

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: February 11, 2009 13:29

It was pointless. The backdrop behind the band was more interesting.

Posted by: Bimmelzerbott ()
Date: February 11, 2009 14:20

SAL is terrible. A waste of time and money. One of the worst "movies" in the history of RnR movies. Though the term "movie" is totally exaggerated. It ain't a movie. Scorsese filmed a not even half decent Stones show. That's all.

Posted by: Shezeboss ()
Date: February 11, 2009 15:45

ALL THOSE LIES ARE JUST SHIT ! Everywhere, except HERE!!!!!! ENTHUSIASM WAS INCREDIBLE. That film is much better than the departed or the old and sad "Last waltz". For those who didn't see that magic moment, go and run if you can. Jagger never been filmed like that. Thank you Mr Scorcese. The Rolling Stones f..k all the sad guy on iorr...

Posted by: Bimmelzerbott ()
Date: February 11, 2009 15:49

jamesfdouglas

Yeah, that was me. I just had a bad night. Sorry.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2092
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home