Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The Future
Posted by: Highwire.uk ()
Date: January 31, 2009 18:00

Well I know this wont be what all of you will agree with but I think its the only way forward and I know its backwards.
1 st they need to start to record an album in the old way that is with full band input. I dont think Ronnie has had full input for a long time and the same may be said of Charlie. I dont care how much they have to pay out to get Wyman in the studio. But im sure they have the funds because its not all about flying that Bill left it was about how things were run in the band.
I think given the call to go into the studio with Charlie Ron Mick & Keith. Bill would jump at the chance. They need full input not a session Bass player. And to Tell Ron this is how we want it to go and we have left some blanks so you can fill in your bit is not a band project. Mick even played Charlies part while working on BB. Not good to play almost completed songs how does that give the talents of Ron & Charlie a chance. Total domination yes I know it works but thats not the point its not The Stones its Mick & Keith.
Anyway make a new album with the 5 Stones you would get front pages all over the world for the right reason not just scandle.
Then a small tour of good venues IE Albert Hall UK.Keep tour short for lots of reasons.Go on the TV to promote its a lot more easy than 100 shows maybe a pay for view in Europe & USA.
Lastly set list to be some hits some new stuff & stuff never played.At the end of tour new DVD 3 Discs edited 1 with live verstion of all the new tracks.1 with hits and 1 with the rare stuff.
And whike we are on DVD stuff get the vaults open.
NME Poll Winners 1968
London Palladium
Keith at the Marquee

Re: The Future
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: January 31, 2009 18:02

Lock 'em all up in the kitchen at Edith Grove!

Posted by: Loudei ()
Date: January 31, 2009 18:03

It's over

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: January 31, 2009 18:07

nice idea. fabulous idea. really. now it's time to come back to earth.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: January 31, 2009 20:23

I agree with T&A - great thought never happen.

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: January 31, 2009 20:31

T&A wrote:

"nice idea. fabulous idea. really. now it's time to come back to earth."

HA-HA-HA, I liked that!

The present is so bleak it makes us a little cynical.

Posted by: ROLLINGSTONE ()
Date: January 31, 2009 20:34

I don't think it was ever about money Bill left the band.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: January 31, 2009 21:18

ROLLINGSTONE
I don't think it was ever about money Bill left the band.

there may be things we dont know, but at the time I remember Bill stating in an interview that after the Steel Wheels world tour he felt the Stones being a closed circle and that there was nothing left to achieve.

maybe he also felt that the reason the Stones reunited in 1989 had little to nothing to do with the fact that they still had something to say, but a lot more with the fact that both Keiths and Micks solo adventures lead to nothing.

Posted by: Mr.Ed ()
Date: January 31, 2009 21:28

I saw Bill last night in Groningen and of from the first songs I heared (again) what the Stones are missing: A melodic and pumping bass with no fooling around.
Man, what a bassplayer is Bill.

Setlist was refreshed since my last visit to Bill and his Kings. Georgie Fame was back in the band and Geraint Watkins played piano and (don't know the english word but in Groningen they say "pensorgel ") ). GW replaced Gary Brooker more or less.

Bill even sang HTW and Georgie Fame and Beverly did Melody. GF introduced the song as usual by doubting that this is a fully 100% Jagger-Richards song. Should it not be Jagger-Richards-Preston???? Has Billy Preston ever mentioned it in an interview that he deserverd more credits for Melody?

Gr, Mr.Ed

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-01-31 21:33 by Mr.Ed.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: January 31, 2009 21:47

the future is another press conf announcing yet another greatest hits world tour with very few rare numbers on a big zillion dollar stage set, why would anything change

Date: January 31, 2009 21:55

I think this is actually a very uncool thing to do - to announce an official Stones song by doubting the authorship of J&R; from stage.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 31, 2009 22:18

Bill left the band 15 years ago. Forget it. It's like you got a divorce 15 years ago and still can't get over it. The Stones will make a new album and a new tour whenever they feel the time is ready, and then we will be ready. And just in case you did not know, the Stones have had these members since the 70's: Mick, Keith, Charlie, Ronnie.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Dali ()
Date: January 31, 2009 22:26

"To tell Ron this is how we want it to go and we have left some blanks so you can fill in your bit is not a band project."

I totally agree.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-01-31 22:28 by Dali.

Posted by: ROLLINGSTONE ()
Date: January 31, 2009 22:56

bv
Bill left the band 15 years ago. Forget it. It's like you got a divorce 15 years ago and still can't get over it. The Stones will make a new album and a new tour whenever they feel the time is ready, and then we will be ready. And just in case you did not know, the Stones have had these members since the 70's: Mick, Keith, Charlie, Ronnie.

And these members since the 60's: Mick, Keith and Charlie...?!

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: January 31, 2009 23:57

I wouldn't exactly call it backwards what you have in mind, Highwire.uk, but indeed, jamming together with the whole band until something useable comes out, is the only thing that can guarantee that the songs are fully worked out before they are being recorded. It's the only thing that can prevent ProToolery from happening, like was the case with "Streets Of Love". The studio version is just a demo recording when compared to the live version.
Goes without saying that the studio version will be the one that is being preserved for the generations to come.

I agree that Ron should have more input. Unfortunately, he wasn't able to be present during most of the ABB sessions because he had to stay in a clinic, and especially on the funkier tracks, it shows.
Charlie, well, it's not exactly that he were my darling, but I can't say anything against Charlie.
And as far as the bass player goes, whoever it is, let him join the jam sessions. Darryl Jones comes from the jazz world, so he knows how to cook up a hot jam. I guess if he had had more input on his previous studio album appearances, his work with the Stones would be more cherished by the millions of fans worldwide. He deserves a chance to silent the ongoing Bill comparisons.

My suggestion: Take the whole band to Ocho Rios for a month or two, bring in Rob Fraboni to do the recording, have a good time and see what comes out.

Hopefully, the individual band members still would call this a good time.

Date: February 1, 2009 00:04

I think the Stones need to address other issues to return to greatness. Ronnie is doing his bit with the Russian chick but lets face it it aint a patch on Bill and Mandy.

Also, its been ages since they had a deent drug bust. Somebody needs to get this sorted.

One they get on the front pages of the papers for traditionl Stones matters then all will e well..... and the music will follow.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 1, 2009 01:28

No one's died violently at a Stones gig for a long time either and its been decades since a country's national currency wobbled because of rumours that one of the band was porking the First Lady.

It's just not like the old days...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1523
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home