Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Wyman premieres in museum
Posted by: the juf ()
Date: January 25, 2009 01:35

Bill Wyman has revealed that the Coda Museum in Apeldoorn, Holland will host the next 'Wyman shoots' photo exhibition - and it will run from January 25 to May 17, 2009.

This is your chance to see some of the stunning photography that Bill has shot over the years - including candid photos that chart the Rolling Stone years and Bill's legendary rock career.

"I began taking photographs when I was young and took it up more seriously in the Sixties when I was able to afford my first good camera; since then I have amassed an archive of over 20,000 images. In 2006 I had my first photographic show in San Francisco and later that year Rotterdam's VIP's Gallery hosted my first European exhibition. I am immensely proud that my debut museum show is at the Coda Museum in such wonderful surroundings"
Bill Wyman

From 25 January through 17 May 2009 the Apeldoorn Coda Museum will host Wyman Shoots , the photography of ex-Rolling Stone Bill Wyman, featuring some 50 unique photos taken by Wyman himself. For thirty years Wyman was the bass player with the most famous rock'n roll band in the world, The Rolling Stones. Lesser known is the fact that he has been a photographer for fifty years.

The exhibition depicts images that Wyman shot during his tenure with the Stones. This includes many pictures from the sixties, as well as the seventies and eighties: Ronnie Wood posing with his young daughter, Charlie Watts waiting patiently at David Frost's television show, Brian Jones viewed from the rear view mirror of a car, but also Mick Taylor, Jerry Hall and Nicky Hopkins, and of course a self portrait. Other pictures show rock and blues musicians such as Eric Clapton, Ringo Starr, The Who, John Lee Hooker, Buddy Guy and BB King.

For decades Wyman's work as photographer and public life as member of The Rolling Stones went hand in hand. This status opened the doors to a world of fame and glamour, otherwise closed to the public, and now made accessible through his photos. At the same time these photos prove that Wyman isn't just another celebrity with a camera, but a fully trained photographer with his own vision on people and events surrounding him.

Wyman Shoots is an exhibition that reveals the daily life of the Rolling Stones through the eyes of Wyman. It is a joint initiative of Coda, V!p's International Galleries, Pauline Stroosnijder in collaboration with Bill Wyman.

For opening times and sales enquiries please contact:-
CODA museum
Vosselmanstraat 299, 7311 Apeldoorn, Holland.
Tel: +31 55 526 8400
www.coda-apeldoorn.nl
www.paulinestroosnijder.com

[www.paulinestroosnijder.com]

Re: Wyman premieres in museum
Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: January 25, 2009 10:58

Opening today. Good luck juf. Say hi to Bill.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: January 25, 2009 11:15

I will, Hansie! It has been a pleasure to work on this.

Posted by: Rufestone ()
Date: January 25, 2009 12:05

Were is this ? ..

Date: January 25, 2009 12:17

Apeldoorn, and you are allowed to bring along guests, Rufestone.... tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: wild_horse_pete ()
Date: January 25, 2009 13:06

I met Bill yesterday in Franeker, saw him with the Rythm Kings. I can`t go today because of my work. We shaked hands and i get an autograph from him and Alvin Lee, great people, great concert. Bill still have that swing.

Goodluck today and allot of fun Juf.

Posted by: Martijnstone ()
Date: January 25, 2009 14:07

It's Albert Lee

Posted by: lunar!!! ()
Date: January 25, 2009 23:09

is bill also to be on exhibit as a museum piece??

STONES JAM!! MICKEYS RULES!!! (burp) NADER IN 2016!!!!! GO GIANTS!!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 25, 2009 23:18

lunar!!!
is bill also to be on exhibit as a museum piece??

Ive not seen Bill in Madame Tussoud yet?

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: November 12, 2009 14:50

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: DiamondDog7 ()
Date: November 13, 2009 01:42

Wasn't this already been done in Rotterdam? About 2 years ago? In VIPs Gallery? This exposition isn't new, but the pics are very cool!

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: November 13, 2009 02:22

An other great post by Pauline........Thanks

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1873
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home