Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT: It's Official: No Faces Reunion
Posted by: tatters ()
Date: January 24, 2009 01:01

sweetcharmedlife
tatters
No Faces. No Zeppelin. Not even any bogus "Zeppelin". What DO we get in 2009? Fleetwood Mac. The Eagles. Elton John. Billy Joel. It's shaping up as one extremely DULL year.

Go see Springsteen. That will NOT be dull.

I don't like him. Well, I guess I like a couple of his songs. I like 10th Avenue Freeze Out, Tunnel Of Love, and Brilliant Disguise. Also, the one where he wants "Eddie" to drive him into Manhattan so he can deal drugs. I'd never go to one of his concerts, though.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: January 24, 2009 01:17

Fleetwood Mac cancelled a show in Albany, N Y last week,& things are about as bad as you can get in the USA economically before they officially declare this is a DEPRESSION, not a recession! I cannot imagine a Stones tour in the midst of this. I would not be able to go to multiple shows, and right now at $450 a pop, I'd be lucky to see one show! You'd think that the artists would do a RECESSION TOUR, dropping ticket prices to what they were 20 years ago instead of being so GREEDY!! You'd think they'd WANT a half a loaf but NO!!! Everyone suffers and I don't feel sorry for the artists, I feel bad for us fans!

Posted by: Gangster-of-love ()
Date: January 24, 2009 10:26

So right now, there is nothing offical about a Faces Reuion.

Yesterday night I had the opportunity to speak a while with Mac about The Faces.

Here are the facts:

- there was never a tour planned
- they rehearsd just 3 days (the first 2 days the band without Rod)
- Rod just showed on the up and rehersed with them on the 3rd day; after that they've heard nothing from him
- Flea is Ronnies suggestion, but Mac dislikes his style of playing
- in case of a reunion they don't wanna get Tetsu back on bass
- During the next few days, Mac's going to speak with Ronnie, to see what's going on

Keep on rollin'
Gangster

Posted by: Jack Knife ()
Date: January 24, 2009 23:31

But I thought Ronnie said the new album is almost finished...?

Posted by: wantedman09 ()
Date: January 24, 2009 23:43

Thanks for the added info, Gangster.

Fking Rod...some things NEVER change

We were REALLY hoping for DECENT PAYDAY for Mac.

Cheers from Austin (where we're lucky enough to have Mac & the Bump Band play FREE Happy Hours on Thursdays)
C

Date: January 24, 2009 23:52

Jack Knife
But I thought Ronnie said the new album is almost finished...?

A newspaper said Ronnie said the album was finished. A newspaper also said Robert Plant couldn't bear the thought of Zeppelin touring without him and had decided to join them. Newspapers make stuff up all the time.

Date: January 24, 2009 23:54

I am curious: did Ronnie actually say all that about the new album? And he is just really out there?
OR - did some press vehicle make all this up? Blow a minor comment out of proportion?
Why is it that everytime any band of any stature needs a bassist Flea's name comes up? Hey, the Oak Ridge Boys need some Bass...

Posted by: Woodyard ()
Date: January 25, 2009 00:32

Never Say Never
Art

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: January 25, 2009 08:46

Woodyard
Never Say Never
Art

Sounds like a James Bond title.

Date: January 25, 2009 15:14

According to Mac, there were no plans for a new album.

He also supposed that Rod just wanted to promote his present european tour with the rumours of a possible reunion.

Really incredible how this man changed his character the last 35 years. thumbs down

Give him a million $$$$ guarantee, and you can be sure that he'll reform The Faces.
Really sad that some things never change in life sad smiley

Keep on rollin'
Gangster

Date: January 25, 2009 15:19

In addition to my talk with Mac:

He told me also that our Ronnie doesn't drink anymore. Sounds good to me...

Keep on rollin'
Gangster

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: January 25, 2009 16:43

to be honest i would rather the stones get in the studio and get the machine back on the road rather than a faces album and gigs, there really is not time for both anyway, i mean why go play with the jv when you can play with the varsity

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-01-25 16:53 by melillo.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: January 25, 2009 16:46

...........all of this has been generated by Ronnie...messy to say the least....talking to TMZ and being ridiculed on video.....PR wise he's looking a little C list lately.....and hopefully not headed to the D list....

Date: January 25, 2009 16:54

Rip This
...........all of this has been generated by Ronnie...messy to say the least....talking to TMZ and being ridiculed on video.....PR wise he's looking a little C list lately.....and hopefully not headed to the D list....

It's a popular misconception that a good way to make something happen that you want to happen is to say it's already happened or is happening. For instance, Ronnie may have thought that if he told the papers that a Faces album is already finished or almost finished, Rod would read that and think to himself, "Shit! Ronnie says we've already made a Faces record! I guess we better go make one then! Don't want Ronnie to look like a fool and a liar!"

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: January 25, 2009 16:59

No Expectations
Woodyard
Never Say Never
Art

Sounds like a James Bond title.

That's because is was.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: January 25, 2009 17:39

The most memorable moment of the Faces leads back to year 1973. They played in Offenheimer (a suburb of Frankfurt) on a very, very cold Jan? night. Ron Wood wore a distinctive black ruffled shirt. Although the setlist was short, they nailed borstal boys and Angel. I'm not a musician but RW's silver guitar remains in mind. Also, on that particular tour, the Faces had a disco type ball that lit up during the playing of Angel.

Date: January 25, 2009 18:43

Personally I can live without The Faces.

Re: OT: New Barbarians Reunion?
Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: January 27, 2009 18:11

So what's next?
Is the Stones' tour crew going to be on the road with U2 again?
Can Ronnie and Keith make a New Barbarians album of new songs in the meantime?
New albums by side projects of famous rock artists are the big thing at the moment, see Tom Petty's old band Mudcrutch with their debut album after more than 30 years and Paul McCartney's the Fireman with his first proper song based album in that project's more than 15 year existence.
I'd say time is ready for a New Barbarians studio album now!

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: January 27, 2009 21:16

Sir Craven of Cottage
Personally I can live without The Faces.

this may help to explain your survival the past 30+ years then....

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: January 27, 2009 22:11

ablett
You could always get excited about a band that hasn't been around for eons? There's plenty of great ones out there.....

I was about to write something similar. There is so much new exciting music out there. Go see and support some promising bands, surprise yourself. That's not dull.

Posted by: Britney ()
Date: January 28, 2009 03:35

Who are No Faces?

Date: January 28, 2009 14:42

<I'd say time is ready for a New Barbarians studio album now!>

Is Zigaboo still playing?

Posted by: tippy2toes ()
Date: January 29, 2009 09:14

tatters
sweetcharmedlife
tatters
No Faces. No Zeppelin. Not even any bogus "Zeppelin". What DO we get in 2009? Fleetwood Mac. The Eagles. Elton John. Billy Joel. It's shaping up as one extremely DULL year.

I don't like him. Well, I guess I like a couple of his songs. I like 10th Avenue Freeze Out, Tunnel Of Love, and Brilliant Disguise. Also, the one where he wants "Eddie" to drive him into Manhattan so he can deal drugs. I'd never go to one of his concerts, though.

Yes, it seems Springsteen is the only hot item this year. Though the Mac are also doing good selling out places.

Date: January 29, 2009 16:02

tippy2toes
tatters
sweetcharmedlife
tatters

Yes, it seems Springsteen is the only hot item this year. Though the Mac are also doing good selling out places.

U2 is going to be this year's big stadium extravaganza. I have issues when it comes to being a fan of anyone younger than I am, but I might be willing to take a chance on these kids this time around. Should be a good light show, at least.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-01-29 16:04 by tatters.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1719
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home