Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: OT: My daddy's just died
Posted by: JK ()
Date: January 21, 2009 23:07

Sad news. My condolences.

Posted by: ROLLINGSTONE ()
Date: January 21, 2009 23:16

So sorry man, but he's just moved on to another level. Believe it.
Time does ease it, you'll be hurting just now but eventually you'll focus on all the good times you shared with your Da and the memories will be pure gold.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: January 21, 2009 23:36

My sincere condolences Silver Dagger

Alex

Posted by: TotalBB ()
Date: January 21, 2009 23:38

Sorry to hear that. Hang in there.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: January 21, 2009 23:49

My prayers are with you, Silver Dagger. I also lost someone about 3 mos ago and I
know how devastating it feels to you. Just remember theres lots of people here in your IORR family that care(I found this out!)

Date: January 22, 2009 00:02

Sorry Silver Dagger.
I Send you from Spain my wishes of strenghth to your heart and to your relatives.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: January 22, 2009 00:25

Sad news - our thoughts are with you.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: January 22, 2009 00:27

My condolences to you and your family.

Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: January 22, 2009 00:36

Sorry to hear of your loss, my dad died 20 years ago and at the time I thought i'd never get over it, time does heal but I found the best thing is to talk about it, don't keep it bottled up! People won't want to talk to you about it because they don't want to upset you but tell them that you don't mind, it will help.

My condolences to you.

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: January 22, 2009 01:30

My deepest condolences,sorry for your lost..

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: January 22, 2009 01:41

Silver Dagger, since you say this thread is helping you I will tell you what I did and it did help me slightly. In a very horrible situation I made lemonade out of lemons. My mother had a Heart Attack, she was very smart, we were very very close. 3 hours in the Emergency Unit and a nurse came up to me and said we might be able to save her but she might have serious brain damage from lack of oxygen (her heart had stopped twice).... She died an hour later. I took small comfort she wasn't a human vegetable, she always wanted 100% or nothing in life, with her health - all or nothing. I was an emotional mess for months but her being a vegatable would have been 1,000 times worse than what I was already going through.

There's no easy way out, life is set up that way...it's f-ed up big time.I still miss her always. Time is the only healer. Hold onto something. SORRY about your pain and loss, I know EXACTLY how you feel, believe me. With Major Sympathy, Helter

Posted by: slew ()
Date: January 22, 2009 01:48

Silver Dagger - Having recently gone through this with my Mom you have my deepest sympathy. To you and your family. hang in there.

Date: January 22, 2009 02:11

Sorry about your loss. I lost my Dad way back in 1977 and I know there's never been a day I didn't remember him. But it's been mostly good memories. The future will be kind to you in that same way.

Posted by: DaisyGrace ()
Date: January 22, 2009 02:38

GNAT
I lost my Dad in 2003. You never get over it, but it does get easier. I remember all the times we had together and that makes it easier also.

As long as he's in your heart and in your thoughts, he's not really gone, after all. Stay strong.

Silver Dagger, I echo this, right down to losing my Dad in 2003. He passed very, very suddenly and unexpectedly. GNAT is right - it's so hard, but it does get easier.

Remember the fun and the love and the laughs. My condolences to you and your family.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: January 22, 2009 02:43

So sorry to hear about this, SD.
Be strong. You have my sympathy.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: January 22, 2009 03:52

Silver Dagger, so sorry.
Sounds like your dad was a great guy and had a good life, if too short.
::hugs::

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: January 22, 2009 04:08

My thoughts and prayers are with you, never forget the good times.

Date: January 22, 2009 04:30

no words can make it feel "all better",,,,only time can ease the pain.

time is the only thing that helps a little.
booze/etc can numb it in the short run,,,and that is ok to do,

Your Daddy may visit you in your dreams, so sleep tight : )

cherish the memories.....and create new ones with those still with you

PS
for folks here, who may be on the outs with anyone you really love,
NOW is the time to live in the future.. as if........well you know ..
take a moment and call them .....call them now.....

peace all.

Posted by: NorthShoreBlues2 ()
Date: January 22, 2009 04:38

so sorry to hear that, my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

Date: January 22, 2009 04:46

With deepest sympathy to you and your family, May your wonderful memories of your father bring you comfort.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: January 22, 2009 04:52

Condolences to you and your family, SD. It is hard to lose a parent. Your love and memories will be your tribute to him.

Posted by: mexicostone ()
Date: January 22, 2009 04:58

try to not see it as painful , remember all the best you and him had in the past , do everything he would have wanted you to do , get another friend and try to have good times as you had with your dad and try to create those moments again , get the happiest you ever could , i'm sure you can and you will , everyone can do that , so i'm not going to say sorry as many people , but i wish the best for you.
if my dad had to pass away , i would study the best , i would be with a gorgeous woman , would make a healthy life , i would be a fantastic rock star for him and would try to do everything he would have wanted me to do and i would do stuff he couldn't do until the end of his life.
i don't know what's your age , but i'm sure you can do something good.

God bless your dad and you , and i send you my best wishes to feel better than ever and be amazing at everything ; i'm sure you don't need condolences or sad stuff , you need to just be happy.
Greets

Posted by: wineaux ()
Date: January 22, 2009 07:06

Sincere condolences to you & yours.... the numbness & sinking feeling in your stomach will eventually go away. Keep your love & good times shared together close to your heart & it will help greatly. My Dad passed 3 years ago & just very recently lost my Mom. It's the toughest thing to go through; remember - life goes on. Cherish those close to you & let them help you through it. Think of all of your Dad that's within you & how lucky you were to have him in your life!!

Posted by: Bimmelzerbott ()
Date: January 22, 2009 07:27

That's very sad to hear. My condolences. Stay strong.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: January 22, 2009 07:28

God bless you and your family.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: January 22, 2009 07:43

My Deepest Sympathies.

[thepowergoats.com]

Date: January 22, 2009 10:03

So Sorry, Silver Dagger. You've got my sympathies.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: January 22, 2009 10:17

I am so sorry for you Silver Dagger. You wrote your dad was the best frends of yours, which means you have a lot of great memories and it also means that you were able to apperiace his presence while he was there. Which is quite a rare thing, people usually find out what they have lost when they don't have it any more. That is one very very good thing for you and I am sure it will help you together with time...My dad is also the best friend of mine, it must be a terrible loss. Be strong, our thoughts are with you.

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: January 22, 2009 10:30

i'm so sorry, for your loss, mate.

I wish you and your family, best wishes, at this time.

You're in my thoughts.

Posted by: nanker phelge ()
Date: January 22, 2009 10:40

Deepest condolences SD- All our thoughts are with you

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1199
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home