Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: OT--SPRINGSTEEN/WALMART (UPDATE-THE BOSS IS CONTRITE--OR IS HE?)
Posted by: Angus MacBagpipe ()
Date: February 2, 2009 05:54

Bruce could put this all to right. He just has to give the proceeds from the union-buster Malwart sales of his G-Hits CD to the United Food and Commercial Workers Union.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: February 2, 2009 06:52

More Hot Rocks
Speaking of hypocrtical lives look at George W Bush.

ha....do you know the meaning? GWB was hated by the left because he
always did exactly what he said he was going to do. He was principled.
He had conviction. He was guided by his faith. Even if you don't believe
in his politics or religious views...it's difficult to say he was a hypocrite.
he practiced what he preached.

IORR............but I like it!

Date: February 2, 2009 07:01

sweet neo con
More Hot Rocks

I love the way people try to argue that because Bush believed something and didn't change his mind thats a good thing! That is retarded..

If I keep walking into a wall and don't change thats idiotic..

The guy ran the US economy into the ground! What were his principlesthere/??

I don't get how the fact that a person is WRONG and sticks to his WRONG ideas is somehow good...

The guy will go down in history in the bottom tier of US presidents...Together with Carter, Hoover and Harding the worse of the 20th century... take that to the bank...having "principles" doesn't exempt you from having to demonstrate some inteligence in adopting the right decisions for the country..

Seriously people who argue about this principles/stuck to his guns sound like a bunch of religious wackjobs...its almost as if the worse things got because he refused to change the more principled that made him..thats idiocy..

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: February 2, 2009 07:13

A. This is woefully OT.

B. " The guy ran the US economy into the ground!" That is total BS - this was the fault of many people from both parties, and in fact, many true experts lay the fault at the door of a Democratically controlled Congress with a huge assist from Barney Frank--so while you are entitled to your own opinion--you cannot draw your own facts.

Date: February 2, 2009 07:18

stoned in washington dc

I love the way people try to argue that because Bush believed something and didn't change his mind thats a good thing! That is retarded..

So...now we've established that you don't know what the word HYPOCRISY means...
..just as i thought. you can have your opinions about Bush but stick to the
issue....and borrow a dictionary.

We've learned that Stoned in DC has been contunally arguing that Springsteen
is not a HYPOCRITE.....without ever knowing the meaning of the word. Classic.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-02-02 07:23 by sweet neo con.

Date: February 2, 2009 07:19

hbwriter
A. This is woefully OT.

B. " The guy ran the US economy into the ground!" That is total BS - this was the fault of many people from both parties, and in fact, many true experts lay the fault at the door of a Democratically controlled Congress with a huge assist from Barney Frank--so while you are entitled to your own opinion--you cannot draw your own facts.

ridiculous..he was president for 8 years! took over power with a huge surplus..had control of BOTH HOUSES of congress for MANY YEARS

and he's not responsible??

guess he's not responsible for Iraq either!

And you want to blame Frank???? How about blaming Bush's policies of racking up huge deficits (war, tax cuts)??? He's not responsible for anything is he???

You know another president used to say THE BUCK STOPS HERE>..seems to me bush and his supporters all they want to do is make excuses..its never his fault.. he wasn't president when 9-11 happened, he had nothing to do with the economy Obama inherited...

give me a break.. and grow up by the way.. if he couldn't handle being president -if it was too tough to deal with barney frank- then maybe he should have resigned a long time ago..

in your book i guess herbert hoover would have little responsibility with the great depression

and this thread is completely off topic anyways with all the walmart political stuff...

Date: February 2, 2009 07:22

sweet neo con
stoned in washington dc

So...now we've established that you don't know what the word HYPOCRISY means...
..just as i thought. you can have your opinions about Bush but stick to the
issue....and borrow a dictionary.

believing something thats dead wrong and continuing to believe it in spite of all the evidence in the world to the contrary may not make you a hypocrite but it makes you much worse......it makes you an idiot..

look that up in your dictionary.

Date: February 2, 2009 07:25

We've learned that Stoned in DC has been continually arguing that Springsteen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-02-02 07:27 by sweet neo con.

Date: February 2, 2009 07:26

sweet neo con
We've learned that Stoned in DC has been contunally arguing that Springsteen

and we've learned sweet neocon is pulling shit out of his ass...

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: February 2, 2009 07:29

--there's plenty of blame to go around and to assign it simply to the President is foolish--this economic mess is a perfect storm resulting from the collision of many forces--(even an idiot knows that as I'm sure you can verify)

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: February 2, 2009 08:11

sweet neo con
More Hot Rocks

So much for no politics on IORR huh?

Posted by: R ()
Date: February 2, 2009 15:42

stoned in washington dc
hbwriter
A. This is woefully OT.

ridiculous..he was president for 8 years! took over power with a huge surplus..had control of BOTH HOUSES of congress for MANY YEARS

The surplus was illusory, based on a decade plus projection itself based on the continuing rise of the dot-com economy which went poof in 1999. There has never been a "huge surplus" in the US Treasury in our lifetime. It makes a dandy leftwing talking point though.

As for Bruce being contrite, so what? The deal has been done. The record is in WalMart exclusively and Springsteen is a proven hypocrite.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: February 2, 2009 20:08

Wow, I saw Springsteen last night during Halftime and loved his performance. I'm headed today to WalMart to buy his Greatest Hits package. His appearance was basically just another commercial, correct?

Personally, I think that the die-hard Springsteen fans are closet conservative, middle-to-upper class 50 year olds that can't relate to the "common man" any more than their supposed "hero" can.

At least he kept his mouth shut last night and rocked.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: February 2, 2009 20:34

Love the cover of the walmart CD. As a completist, I'll buy it. Interesting selection on it. Ignores Greetings completely - one of my favorite albums.

Date: February 2, 2009 21:06

VoodooLounge13
Love the cover of the walmart CD. As a completist, I'll buy it. Interesting selection on it. Ignores Greetings completely - one of my favorite albums.

fill me in...i thought it was the same as his previous greatest hits with 1 new song added.

just looked at the Walmart site...i didn't know it was the reissue + from the
"ESSENTIAL" series....I thought it was his other single cd greatest hits cd.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-02-02 21:09 by sweet neo con.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: February 2, 2009 23:10

He had essential GH? Guess I missed that one. The only essential GH I know of is the 3cd version. Was there a cheaper version?

Re: OT--SPRINGSTEEN/WALMART
Posted by: harlito1969 ()
Date: February 3, 2009 02:08

Who do you think shops at Wal-Mart? Working class or blue collar people that Springsteen has been singing to for years, that's who. It's not his only market but it is a big part of it in the US. I really don't see the problem here.

It's a good place to buy new CDs cheap. I wouldn't head to Wal-Mart if I was looking for an older Springsteen CD - not Wal-Mart's thing. As long as the independent stores carry a good selection all is good. Wal-Mart has nothing on them.

Most of these Wal-Mart exclusives have been re-issued greatest hits packages or crappy live collections with half of an original line up. Have you seen some of the crap they sell in the Wal-Mart CD bin? Insane...

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1737
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home