Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Chinese Democracy
Posted by: From4tilLate ()
Date: February 1, 2009 20:11

Does anybody know if the record company rushed this out against Axl's wishes? What's the deal? It just seems weird to me that after all this time, the record comes out and Axl doesn't even do an interview for it, much less a tour. It's like a great tree fell in the forest and made no sound.

I'm not really a G&R fan, I'm just curious.

Re: OT: Chinese Democracy
Posted by: melillo ()
Date: February 1, 2009 20:15

I think its because its a flop, if it were any good there would be promo all over the place

Posted by: From4tilLate ()
Date: February 1, 2009 20:34

Well, there have been plenty of crap records that have been promoted heavily. It's like they intended for it to flop.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: February 1, 2009 20:38

I'm pretty ignorant about Guns n Roses(although I love Izzy Stradlin's solo cds)but didnt some of the material on it date way back or was I misinformed?

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: February 1, 2009 20:41

Its just a crap record. All the press and publicity in the world can't change that

Posted by: ROLLINGSTONE ()
Date: February 1, 2009 20:51

From4tilLate
Does anybody know if the record company rushed this out against Axl's wishes? What's the deal? It just seems weird to me that after all this time, the record comes out and Axl doesn't even do an interview for it, much less a tour. It's like a great tree fell in the forest and made no sound.

Rushed it out? It seems like we've been reading about the arrival of 'Chinese Democracy' for about the past 15 years!

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: February 1, 2009 21:16

From what I heard it was kind of rushed out. Other versions with different packaging are on the horizon. It has a few decent songs and a couple killers.

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: February 2, 2009 12:30

Axl promises the next CD will be properly promoted and Chinese Democracy is just a taster for what will come.....

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: February 2, 2009 12:52

And there's a tour being curently prepared, I heard

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 2, 2009 20:00

Funny how the only G&R records that had any spark were the ones with Izzy who was famous for tracking his parts ONCE. Now we have CDemocracy with its million guitar parts redone a million and guess what...? It flops badly!
Hope Axl Rose will learn a lesson here...

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: February 2, 2009 22:50

From4tilLate

Best Buy paid something like $14 million for 1.6 million copies. So Axl doesn't really need to do any promo though Best Buy may have a different view.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: February 2, 2009 23:11

It really is God awful except for maybe 3 songs.

Date: February 3, 2009 00:54

Like dcba says - Izzy left the band and it all went to sh*t. Slash was the Les Paul monster, Axl the screaming frontman, then you had assorted Duffs and Whizzys and Doobies jumping around at various intervals. But it's all just spinning wheels if there's no good songs. And that is what Izzy brought.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1598
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home