Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: OT: Kaka - the first £100million footballer?
Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: January 16, 2009 00:26

History will remember him for his goals against England @ Mexico 86, sorry.

Btw, it really seems that Kakà is almost on his way to Manchester, media say.

Posted by: Tornandfrayed ()
Date: January 16, 2009 01:35

Adrian-L

lol- that's not the case mate. I've seen plenty of real football
and footballers over the years.
Footballers, who are decent people... who do not cheat,deceive the fans, lie and break the rules of 'the beautiful game'
If you wish to worship at the altar, of someone like that, go knock yourself out.

Meanwhile in the real world, true football fans, worship at the altar, of
Puskas, Di Steffano, Charlton, Moore, Best, Duncan Edwards, Beckanbauer, Pele, etc.

I couldn´t agree more. Maradona is one of the biggest frauds in the history of the game. "La mano de dio" my ass.

Posted by: thrak ()
Date: January 16, 2009 01:56

This is sick

Posted by: ROLLINGSTONE ()
Date: January 16, 2009 02:22

In the absence of setlists there's nothing better than football to get a good old debate going!

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: January 16, 2009 02:26

the world remembers Maradona for what he is. a fat, cheating, drug fuelled arsehole

who also once happened to be a very good footballer before he decided to cheat instead of play like a true professional

once you cross that line. you can't go back

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 16, 2009 02:34

Wild Slivovitz

Diego Maradona has been the captain of my team for seven years and I can tell much better than you what kind of footballer he was. He struggled for his team mates, for his fans and for "real people" much more than the likes of Beckenbauer and Pelé, who you've mentioned and who now work for the establishment. It's not my fault if you don't know about the history of football and about how HE has been cheated by that Blatter robber @ Italia 90 and USA 1994.

Did Blatter put those drugs into his bloodstream in 1994?

Dont get me started on his and his team's antics in the 1990 tournament. Four weeks of watching a child constantly throwing his toys out of the pram. Embarrassing.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: January 16, 2009 09:25

Good old football. Light the touchpaper and enjoy the debate.

Date: January 16, 2009 11:41

Gazza
Wild Slivovitz

Diego Maradona has been the captain of my team for seven years and I can tell much better than you what kind of footballer he was. He struggled for his team mates, for his fans and for "real people" much more than the likes of Beckenbauer and Pelé, who you've mentioned and who now work for the establishment. It's not my fault if you don't know about the history of football and about how HE has been cheated by that Blatter robber @ Italia 90 and USA 1994.

Dont get me started on his and his team's antics in the 1990 tournament. Four weeks of watching a child constantly throwing his toys out of the pram. Embarrassing.

Everybody has seen that there was no penalty for Germany in the final game of Italia 90. The referee was a relative of Havelange's, who is Brazilian and couldn't stand the idea of ARGENTINA winning one more world cup. Moreover, he spoiled Italy's party, because an Italy-Germany final match was already set up by FIFA'S managers. Wake up and learn some football history! You may know everything about the Stones, but "don't get me started" arguing about Maradona, who's been my captain and whose story I know much better than you.

I hope you're not the kind of guy that would have booed Argentina's national anthem during a football game like the audience @ Italia 90 did: in this case I haven't any further comment to add, because that would speak for itself.

p.s. "Mano De Dios" rules.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-01-16 12:38 by Wild Slivovitz.

Posted by: carlitosbaez ()
Date: January 16, 2009 12:16

What I am reading, Maradona a Fraud???
Jajajajajaaj, are you going every Saturday or Sunday to watch football live, or get soak of football every weekend by tv?
Adrian L and others are right, have you see games with Puskas, Di Stefano, Real Madrid of the 60´s, 80´s, Barcelona drem team with Cruyff, Milan with Van Basten, Barcelona right now, I believe football is alive, Spain last year wiinnig Euro Cup, etc. Its like always money, money and money, in my modest opinion European clubs should do like NBA and control the salary players to avoid, majority of the clubs here in Europe are almost in bankrupcy.
Fraud is what´s happening right now in Real Madrid with his president, today probably he will resign from Presidency to lie and hide documents, lets see.

Carlitos
Tenerife

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: January 16, 2009 12:34

I was two years old when the infamous 'Hand Of God' moment occurred, so I personally, as a football fan, feel less effected by his antics: I don't remember it.

I do, however, remember USA '94 and his drug-cheating during that particular tournament.

He was a very skilled footballer, who, sadly, has tarnished his reputation beyond redemption for the majority of England fans who are old enough to remember.

Back to the Kaka issue: I still cannot get over an AC Milan player joining a team who are knee-deep in a relegation battle. I hope they go down - they'll deserve it.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: January 16, 2009 12:59

ridiculous amounts of money in football are just one aspect of the whole world, all or almost all aspects of life being commercialized to death.

you and me, the normal people, only have one function left - acting as cashcows, being exploited to make a few people rich beyond belief.

by the way thats one of the major gripes I have with our beloved Stones increasingly over the past decade in particular. I counter-acted by just saying "no" to certain things - speaking of the Stones, I just went to a increasingly lesser number of shows than, let's say, 10 or 15 years ago, stopped buying merchandise and so on - and it hurts!

Date: January 16, 2009 14:13

Wild Slivovitz
Gazza
Wild Slivovitz

Everybody has seen that there was no penalty for Germany in the final game of Italia 90. The referee was a relative of Havelange's, who is Brazilian and couldn't stand the idea of ARGENTINA winning one more world cup. Moreover, he spoiled Italy's party, because an Italy-Germany final match was already set up by FIFA'S managers. Wake up and learn some football history! You may know everything about the Stones, but "don't get me started" arguing about Maradona, who's been my captain and whose story I know much better than you.

I dont claim to 'know everything' about the Stones, and I dont give a toss about how much you claim to 'know' about Maradona. The final apart, his team almost single handledly ruined that tournament with their gamesmanship.

Wild Slivovitz
I hope you're not the kind of guy that would have booed Argentina's national anthem during a football game like the audience @ Italia 90 did: in this case I haven't any further comment to add, because that would speak for itself..

I've no idea what the hell you're talking about. You seem to think you know me for some obscure reason by making sweeping ridiculous statements, though. Why would I boo someone's national anthem?

Wild Slivovitz

If thats meant to be a dig at England fans, I'm not even English so I'd suggest you re-direct your inane insults to someone who gives a damn. Speaks volumes that you'd actually applaud that type of cheating, though.

Posted by: Sici ()
Date: January 16, 2009 14:25

If for Kakà 100million,
for Del Piero 200million!
Only Juve!
Sici

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: January 16, 2009 14:47

Big Al
I was two years old when the infamous 'Hand Of God' moment occurred, so I personally, as a football fan, feel less effected by his antics: I don't remember it.

I do, however, remember USA '94 and his drug-cheating during that particular tournament.

He was a very skilled footballer, who, sadly, has tarnished his reputation beyond redemption for the majority of England fans who are old enough to remember.

Back to the Kaka issue: I still cannot get over an AC Milan player joining a team who are knee-deep in a relegation battle. I hope they go down - they'll deserve it.

So it's OK for established teams like Man U, Real, Barca and AC Milan to blow large sums of money on players but when a newcomer - albeit one with an even bigger purse - comes along to gatecrash the big spending league it's wrong. That smacks of sour grapes to me. I don't want Man City to be the only club to be able to buy big. I hope other teams also get big investment. One Chelsea blew the transfer market after Abramovich took over it was open season. There will be others, I'm sure.

Date: January 16, 2009 14:53

I dont claim to 'know everything' about the Stones, and I dont give a toss about how much you claim to 'know' about Maradona. The final apart, his team almost single handledly ruined that tournament with their gamesmanship.

I don't want to make it personal, I really think you do know a lot about the Stones because I read your posts on the matter so I really meant it and wasn't blaming you for saying anything like that. I hope that this misunderstanding is sorted out. Ah, I don't give a toss either if you don't give a toss about my claims, it's fair enough for me, but believe me or not I wouldn't have raised the issue if I actually didn't know about it. Anyway I think you may agree with me that's not really a big deal.

Wild Slivovitz
I hope you're not the kind of guy that would have booed Argentina's national anthem during a football game like the audience @ Italia 90 did: in this case I haven't any further comment to add, because that would speak for itself..

I've no idea what the hell you're talking about. You seem to think you know me for some obscure reason by making sweeping ridiculous statements, though. Why would I boo someone's national anthem?

Since you've mentioned Italia 90 I thought that you were well aware that in the final game against Germany Argentinian national anthem had been booed by german (and italian) "fans", who had more or less the same opinion as yours on Maradona and by doing so wanted to show their disrespect for the guy. That's football history, nothing "obscure"... what had really been "ridiculous" is those "fans' " behaviour.

Wild Slivovitz

If thats meant to be a dig at England fans, I'm not even English so I'd suggest you re-direct your inane insults to someone who gives a damn. Speaks volumes that you'd actually applaud that type of cheating, though.[/quote]

You guys seem to forget that the game ended up 2-0 for Argentina, and I suggest you to check out Youtube for the second goal, and then tell me: do you really think that if the first gol were canceled England would have made it against Argentina??????????????????????????????????????????????????

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-01-16 17:04 by Wild Slivovitz.

Date: January 16, 2009 14:57

Big Al

As a fan of both the game and Maradona the player, I remember feeling pretty cheated in '94. He had rolled back the years somewhat in the 2 games he'd played in before he failed his drugs test and had been absolutely brilliant to watch. I'd looked forward to seeing more of him for the rest of that tournament. It definitely affected the rest of his team mates though - they were pants from then on until they got knocked out.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: January 16, 2009 17:33

Tension grows, apparently Kaka is going to sign!

Maradona?

Probably the best football player I've ever seen in my life. That said, "the hand of god" was a disgusting episode. And it was not the only one!

C

Date: January 16, 2009 17:48

liddas
Tension grows, apparently Kaka is going to sign!

Maradona?

Probably the best football player I've ever seen in my life. That said, "the hand of god" was a disgusting episode. And it was not the only one!

C

For a minute I've been thinking that Kakà wouldn't sign anymore... rumor is that he had a row because his father pushed him to sign and Kakà doesn't want to leave... can you confirm that?

As far as your remarks about Maradona are concerned, if you're referring to other "disgusting episodes" on the pitch (such as spitting to other players, reacting violently to fouls, insulting the referee and so on) can you please tell me more about that? I've been watching him play every sunday for seven years and - sorry - I don't remember any.

Date: January 16, 2009 18:10

Wild Slivovitz
As far as your remarks about Maradona are concerned, if you're referring to other "disgusting episodes" on the pitch (such as spitting to other players, reacting violently to fouls, insulting the referee and so on) can you please tell me more about that? I've been watching him play every sunday for seven years and - sorry - I don't remember any.

For my coronaries sake, in April 22, 1990 I promised to myself not to enter in any Milan / Napoli discussions related to those years (although Maradona was not the specific reason for my decision) ...

C

Date: January 16, 2009 18:18

liddas
Wild Slivovitz

For my coronaries sake, in April 22, 1990 I promised to myself not to enter in any Milan / Napoli discussions related to those years (although Maradona was not the specific reason for my decision) ...

C

...so I did earlier on May 1, 1988! Anyway the sentence in brackets is an appropriate reply to my question! Ciao!!

p.s. So is it any true that Kakà wants to stay but all the others (including AC MIlan) are pushing for him to sign???

Posted by: Paul Kersey ()
Date: January 16, 2009 18:23

Silver Dagger
Big Al

So it's OK for established teams like Man U, Real, Barca and AC Milan to blow large sums of money on players but when a newcomer - albeit one with an even bigger purse - comes along to gatecrash the big spending league it's wrong. That smacks of sour grapes to me. I don't want Man City to be the only club to be able to buy big. I hope other teams also get big investment. One Chelsea blew the transfer market after Abramovich took over it was open season. There will be others, I'm sure.

I'm a city fan too Silver Dagger. In my opinion the amount of money that will be paid is obscene! That said, people must remember that English football died a long time ago. Probably when the premier league was formed and sky tv was introduced. The 'Big Four' TM got richer and richer. Why should only the established big teams get all the best players? Man U make out as if they haven't spent any money. Bullshit! Veron, Ferdinand, Rooney, Carrick, Berbatov, Hargreaves etc so its alright for them but not us?

Date: January 16, 2009 18:37

Wild Slivovitz

I don't want to make it personal, I really think you do know a lot about the Stones because I read your posts on the matter so I really meant it and wasn't blaming you for saying anything like that.

Well, I dont really but thats no problem. smiling smiley

I hope that this misunderstanding is sorted out. Ah, I don't give a toss either if you don't give a toss about my claims, it's fair enough for me, but believe me or not I wouldn't have raised the issue if I actually didn't know about it. Anyway I think you may agree with me that's not really a big deal.

Absolutely. It's just an opinion on a game of football. hardly a life or death matter.

Wild Slivovitz

Since you've mentioned Italia 90 I thought that you were well aware that in the final game against Germany Argentinian national anthem had been booed by german (and italian) "fans", who had more or less the same opinion as yours on Maradona and by doing so wanted to show their disrespect for the guy. That's football history, nothing "obscure"... what had really been "ridiculous" is those "fans' " behaviour.

I fail to see the connection or what thats got to do with me. Just because supporters of other countries may also think that Maradona was a sorry excuse for a human being, it hardly means that everyone else who does so is an ignorant bigot who cant respect another country's national anthem. It's a trait that I personally hate. I've been to countless international games down the years and whilst it may be 'normal' to some people in other countries to do that it certainly isnt in my own experience.

Wild Slivovitz

If thats meant to be a dig at England fans, I'm not even English so I'd suggest you re-direct your inane insults to someone who gives a damn. Speaks volumes that you'd actually applaud that type of cheating, though.

You guys seem to forget that the game ended up 2-0 for Argentina, and I suggest you to check out Youtube for the second goal, and then tell me: do you really think that if the first gol were canceled England would have made it against Argentina??????????????????????????????????????????????????[/quote]

And that excuses it?

Actually, the game finished 2-1 - not 2-0 - Lineker scored for England late in the game. Which I think answers your question regarding a possible different result had the first goal been disallowed. The SECOND one, though, still ranks as the greatest goal I've ever seen. The two goals he scored that afternoon sum his career up in a nutshell. A cheat and a genius.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-01-16 18:38 by Gazza.

Date: January 16, 2009 18:38

Starting to breathe. Rumors say HOAX!

C

Date: January 16, 2009 18:45

Gazza

You guys seem to forget that the game ended up 2-0 for Argentina, and I suggest you to check out Youtube for the second goal, and then tell me: do you really think that if the first gol were canceled England would have made it against Argentina??????????????????????????????????????????????????

And that excuses it?

Actually, the game finished 2-1 - not 2-0 - Lineker scored for England late in the game. Which I think answers your question regarding a possible different result had the first goal been disallowed. The SECOND one, though, still ranks as the greatest goal I've ever seen. The two goals he scored that afternoon sum his career up in a nutshell. A cheat and a genius.
[/quote]

YOU'RE RIGHT, I forgot about that Lineker goal (it was scored so late in the game that actually I'd never considered it any relevant). I can agree on your last sentence, provided that he's to be considered 1% cheat and 99% genius smileys with beer.

Date: January 16, 2009 18:47

I dont know about that, but I personally prefer to lean more to the 'genius' way of remembering him.

Posted by: jagger50 ()
Date: January 16, 2009 21:34

Footballs gone crazy with money. My first entrance to Stamford Bridge cost 35p. OK, that was 1975. But even so. Half a million a week. Get a grip.

Date: January 20, 2009 00:20

IT SEEMS OFFICIAL that Kaka REFUSED City's proposal, and decided to stay with AC Milan. Now, I'm not a Milan supporter by any means, but I too feel relieved by this unexpected choice. My respect goes to Kaka, who displayed to be a man worthy to wear such an important and prestigious jersey.

Congrtulations to AC Milan, the team's supporters and to Kakà himself. I hope football will became better after this.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-01-20 02:08 by Wild Slivovitz.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: January 20, 2009 00:42

Altough I watch the Euro Cup and World Cup I'm not a real soccer/football fan, but what I understand of it if you got the money your a winner.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: January 20, 2009 00:45

NICOS
Altough I watch the Euro Cup and World Cup I'm not a real soccer/football fan, but what I understand of it if you got the money your a winner.

NICOS,you´re a real philosopher >grinning smiley<

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: January 20, 2009 01:03

Thanks shortfatfanny, so I'm right when I say soccer s-.u-.c-.k-.s and they should transform all soccer balls to this

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1205
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home