Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Get Yourself Together
Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: January 10, 2009 00:02

I know there must be an existing thread about this song, but it wasn't showing up fo r me in the search.

Anyway, does anyone know what boot this version can be found on? It's not the same as the vocal version found on the Black Box set.

Thanks.

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Re: Get Yourself Together
Posted by: T&A ()
Date: January 10, 2009 00:14

i've got it on Unsurpassed Masters, Vol.7

Posted by: mitch ()
Date: January 10, 2009 00:14

Originally issued on "Who The Hate Is Brian Jones", long time ago.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-01-10 00:15 by mitch.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: January 10, 2009 00:20

Thats the stereo version I first heard on "Session Impossible Vol 1"(which also has the more polished Mono version). But I like this version better,I dont know why it didnt make the cut for....What album session was it,AFTERMATH? Keiths guitar kicks ass!

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: January 10, 2009 00:20

Thanks guys, I'll take a look for them.

I love this song - it's funky

Date: January 10, 2009 00:26

CindyC
Thanks guys, I'll take a look for them.

I love this song - it's funky

new york band, the chesterfield kings, did a very cool and respectful cover of it on an album that also features SFM and some other stonesy tunes - might be worth checking out - album is called "let's go get stoned." can't imagine which stones album they were going for on the cover...

[upload.wikimedia.org]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-01-10 00:30 by T&A.

Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: January 10, 2009 00:30

this track would be a great single ,,

Date: January 10, 2009 00:32

the main riff was, of course, later employed with a slight variation in "live with me."

Posted by: mitch ()
Date: January 10, 2009 00:43

scottkeef
What album session was it,AFTERMATH?

Between...

Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: January 10, 2009 00:43

Their greatest ever unreleased song!

Posted by: andrewm ()
Date: January 10, 2009 00:51

My old band recorded it and released it on an odds 'n' sods-type comp. in '94 only to discover shortly thereafter that the Kings had also recorded it. I think their version is better (far superior vocal by Greg Prevost), though our friend Mike did play some great piano on ours.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: January 10, 2009 00:53

Excellent song - it often pops into my head, just like Citatel

BTW, Cindy - just heard your message - Happy new year to you...I'll send you an email

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: January 10, 2009 01:08

Shit, now when I listen to the song - Stevie Ray Vaughan made a career out of that riff! Most of his blues standards go along it (Listen "Pride and Joy", etc). Of course, it is not a Keith Richards original, but it is nice to hear Keith playing that kind of 'straight' blues boogie woogie theme.

It is one of the best non-released songs - it sounds so fresh and rocks like a hell. Maybe they considered it too blues rock standard kind of song to be released in more adventurous album like BETWEEN THE BUTTONS. Retrospectively speaking: if they weren't trying to be so 'trendy' at the time, but more following their natural instincts, maybe there would have been better albums in today's standards????

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-01-10 01:12 by Doxa.

Date: January 10, 2009 01:12

mitch
scottkeef
What album session was it,AFTERMATH?

Between...
THANKS!!

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: January 10, 2009 01:21

I need to add one point in this occasion - one I have developed little by little. It is my claim that: the free-rocking groove the band got in EXILE ON MAIN STREET was in fact partly present during BETWEEN THE BUTTONS sessions - they somehow lost it during the next years while developing their sound (with marvellous results), but by the time they get to EXILE, they could 'free' themselves back to that natural Keith Richards chuck berry groove. To be heard earlier, for example, in "Connection" or "Miss Amanda Jones". They are relatives of "Happy", "Rocks Off", "All Down The Line" - you know what I mean?

- Doxa

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 10, 2009 07:33

First track on here CindyC ....Demo version RCA Studios LA August 1966

GOT TO BE WORKED ON - Rover Records RR CD001

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: January 10, 2009 15:11

Excellent track. Should've been on Aftermath - that is, if it was recorded around that time? Could've used it instead of something like What To Do.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: January 10, 2009 17:39

strange enough that it did not even find a place on Metamorphis when Klein was in desperate search of releasable Jagger-Richards compositions, so desparate that he dropped Wyman's suggestions like Down The Road Apiece (live), Cops And Robbers, Little Red Rooster (live) and others because they were not written by Jagger-Richards and included the pop demos like Walking Through The Sleepy City instead.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-01-10 17:39 by alimente.

Posted by: claudine ()
Date: January 10, 2009 17:46

[www.iorr.org]

here I put 3 version's of
Get Yourself Together

Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: January 10, 2009 19:30

Big Al
Excellent track. Should've been on Aftermath - that is, if it was recorded around that time? Could've used it instead of something like What To Do.

If you read the above messages you'll see that it's from the 'Between The Buttons' sessions...

Posted by: DrPete ()
Date: January 10, 2009 22:27

What labels are Who the Hate is Brian Jones and Unsurpassed Masters Vol. 7 on?

Posted by: thkbeercan ()
Date: January 10, 2009 22:38

never heard the "Cindy C" version before but am familiar with the other two...has this been booted before???

Date: January 10, 2009 22:56

Session Impossible Vol. 1

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Previous page Next page First page IORR home