Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Jandek
Posted by: Justin ()
Date: January 8, 2009 09:47

Just heard about this guy only this evening...and then went on to watch this 90 minute documentary on YouTube. Gripping to say the least.

I've never heard of him before. Anyone here come across this mysterious musician?

Trailer:

Part 1 of 9:

Re: OT: Jandek
Posted by: Floorbird ()
Date: January 8, 2009 12:05

Yes and I've even seen him in concert at a rehersal space for circus performers, he played Korg keyboards with two backup peformers. It was so intense at times that people walked out I stayed and it was worth it. He may be a recluse but he does it his way without the hype and bullshit.

Posted by: mandu ()
Date: January 8, 2009 12:54

sounds like the doors music

Feel The Fear
And Do It Anyway

Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: January 9, 2009 03:33

I've seen the documentary. It was more compelling at the time because he had still not played live. But all the same, it's weird and interesting music ... and his now-occasional public appearances add a new dimension to the figure.

I recommend "Chair Beside a Window", to those interested in a first listen of Jandek (and if you're able to find it).

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: January 9, 2009 05:26

I don't know if he was doing it for the whole tour but when I saw Dylan on the "True Confessions" tour in '86, the pre-show music was Jandek. So at least Bob's tuned in.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: January 9, 2009 05:50

Glam Descendant
I saw Dylan on the "True Confessions" tour in '86, the pre-show music was Jandek. So at least Bob's tuned in.

Would love to hear Dylan's thoughts on Jandek. And here I thought Dylan was hard to grasp!

Posted by: aftergeography ()
Date: June 6, 2013 06:00

Wow! i did not know that Dylan played Jandek during the pre-show...Is this person still around to answer what songs were played? Sorry to revise an old topic...I was gonna start a new one asking if anyone has heard of Jandek on this board.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: June 6, 2013 06:15

aftergeography
Wow! i did not know that Dylan played Jandek during the pre-show...Is this person still around to answer what songs were played? Sorry to revise an old topic...I was gonna start a new one asking if anyone has heard of Jandek on this board.
I have not, but I am sure many here know this player.... mainly I want to applaud your excellent use of the seach engine. smileys with beer

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1646
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home