Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5
Re: Keith: Alcoholic - or not?
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 7, 2009 08:13

Is Mickey da new Keef ???.....................Photo Amelia Troubridge

ROCKMAN

Posted by: twenny revlights ()
Date: January 7, 2009 09:48

(To slightly rephrase the question: Does Keith have a
drinking problem? Let's see what Mick has to say about it...)

I know that you like to go out drinking
And you love to have a good time

I won't interrogate you and I never will berate you about
your lifestyle, but where you've been?
Lost weekend

What's that look on your face?
It must have been the walk of shame
Your eyes are all red, get ready for bed
Your hair's all over the place

Look what the cat dragged in
Don't you call me a friend
Get out of my house with your dirty old mouth
Take yourself out again

You look like your totally spaced
Your breath's got a horrible taste
YOU LOOK LIKE A LEPER, DRESSED AS SERGEANT PEPPER (!!!!!!)
Are you going to throw up all over my face?

(Or how about this, where Mick takes on the voice of Keith...)

Hey mama
What's this crazy game of sevens, eights and nines? (getting old)
I can't keep up with you baby
I'm gonna give you such a piece of my mind
When I get around to it
'Cause honey I'm abused
Might as well get juiced

(Then, Mick, reverting to his own voice, preaches...)

If you really want to melt down your mind
Crank it up to straight double time
If you really want to have you some fun
Spit right down on everyone
If you've got the strength to scream out "Hell Why?"
The wheels of life are passing you by
You might as well get juiced
Might as well get juiced

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: January 7, 2009 12:56

Re an earlier message: I have actually read somewhere that there are about 10 categories of alcoholic! I guess any health issue can have its "sub divisions" which will then help the health workers etc. deal with the matter.
Couldn't begin to guess where Keith falls into this (if at all). Clearly Ronnie has let it take over - at times - whereas Keith (certainly since the early 80's) seems to have had pretty stable personal life - well, by show biz standards anyway.
You do wonder why Keith wants to prolong this "image". Certainly the drooling cigarette pose these days looks quite ridiculous, never mind the obvious health issues.
On that latter point, whilst his drinking may be controlled (as such) his life style is not exactly healthy - having seen Charlie sucumb to lung cancer (thankfully at the moment in remission), you wonder if he has ever tried giving them up.Of course he may just be in denial. His parents lived a long life, but that certainly doesn't mean he will. I remember John Lennon once being asked about his smoking and he said that with his macrobiotic diet he wouldn't get "the big C".
There was no proven medical evidence of course.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: January 7, 2009 17:14

skipstone
What's the old saying? An alcoholic seeks help, a drunk says Get me another drink.

Their's another one."I'm not an alcoholic. Alcoholics go to meetings"

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: January 7, 2009 17:27

What's the first thing an alcoholic does at an AA meeting? Tells everyone his/her stupid mothfucking name. So then, really - what-in-the-name-of-fvck is the "Anonymous" for?

Date: January 7, 2009 17:52

skipstone
What's the first thing an alcoholic does at an AA meeting? Tells everyone his/her stupid mothfucking name. So then, really - what-in-the-name-of-fvck is the "Anonymous" for?

Um...go to a meeting and find out?
Seriously, the use of the first name (only) is to put people at ease - and that is all you need to divulge - in terms of identity that is.
Also, AA (the organisation) must never use pictures of their members where their faces could be recognised.
They certainly helped old Slowhand.

Posted by: Hot Meat Pie ()
Date: January 7, 2009 22:51

Keith may well be an alcoholic. He certanly does appear to have enjoyed a few drinks over a prolonged period of time.

But, Keith's a Rolling Stone.

Good luck to him.

Posted by: batonrouge75 ()
Date: January 7, 2009 23:01

I'm certain Keith is an alcoholic. During the 1st Baton Rouge show in 1975 he almost drank an entire 5th of Jack Daniels.

I've never understood how he could drink so much and not have to piss during the shows.

Date: January 7, 2009 23:30

batonrouge75
I'm certain Keith is an alcoholic. During the 1st Baton Rouge show in 1975 he almost drank an entire 5th of Jack Daniels.

I've never understood how he could drink so much and not have to piss during the shows.

I've actually read somewhere that he smells of old piss most of the time...but that seems a very nasty thing to say.

Posted by: Loudei ()
Date: January 8, 2009 00:17

Mickey Rourke its the same wild and crazy dude as he ever was. Keith last era of wildness was pre Alexandra and Theodora.

Rockman

Is Mickey da new Keef ???.....................Photo Amelia Troubridge

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 8, 2009 04:09

Mickey Rourke its the same wild and crazy dude as he ever was

Hmmm maybe...But most of us do tend ta get a lil' frazzled over the long haul.....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: January 8, 2009 04:11

I just saw the Mickey Rourke Movie "The Wrestler". A very interesting, thought provoking movie. Some great directing and performances, just a tad bit too much on the depressing side for my taste.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-01-08 04:16 by ryanpow.

Posted by: forligan ()
Date: January 8, 2009 05:02

I'm beginning to believe the term alcoholic is something created by people that don't want anyone to be a free spirit. If a person can go to work all week , not have more than a drink or any at all during the week, then on the weekend at a party they get totally wasted, everyone wants to say alcoholic.......just another label to suppress those that want to live a little more

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: January 8, 2009 05:24

Was there more, a tiny bit more, to that R'N'R HOF speech? That was BRILLIANT!

Forget Keith's....drinking issues - more footage!

Posted by: Angus MacBagpipe ()
Date: January 8, 2009 07:59

Anyone who needs his wife to smuggle in some small airplane-size bottles of vodka etc into a hospital, in order to feel "normal", definitely has a dependency on alcohol.

Posted by: backstage ()
Date: January 8, 2009 12:23

its not how much one consumes, its what the consumption does...... many a man

never admit to being alcoholic,, its cunning, baffelling and very powerful.

Posted by: Ket ()
Date: January 8, 2009 12:37

Angus MacBagpipe
Anyone who needs his wife to smuggle in some small airplane-size bottles of vodka etc into a hospital, in order to feel "normal", definitely has a dependency on alcohol.

never heard of that, what is the source?

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: January 8, 2009 12:55

Posted by: Ket ()
Date: January 8, 2009 13:01

ablett
Vodka cure

aw ok 'According to The Sun' I was worried for a moment smiling smiley

Posted by: Greenblues ()
Date: January 8, 2009 13:12

Judging from his drunken slur in numerous interviews (well into the 21st century) Keith must be what the Germans call a "Pegel-Trinker", which is a kind of a tamed alcoholic who's just drinking up to a certain level. As other posts already said there are many categories of alcoholics.

Certainly Keith seems to be pushing a certain image (especially nowadays), but I doubt he would go as far as acting out a drunken slur all the time. Whatever it is, it's up to Keith what he does to his famously battered body. He's certainly very entertaining in his interviews.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-01-08 14:06 by Greenblues.

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: January 8, 2009 15:30

An alcoholic is someone who can't stop drinking once they start. Keith's consumption may have been/still is vast but that doesn't automatically mean he's alcoholic. Really, none of us know. But one things for sure, alcoholic or not, the effect on his body will be the same.

My own guess - and that's all it is - is that as the decades of abuse finally begin to affect even his resiliant body he has cut back dramatically. So not alcoholic.

Posted by: wetland10 ()
Date: January 8, 2009 17:01

Throw this into the mix. Dean Martin was notorious for being drunk all the time. Truth is, it was mostly an act based on public perception. It was his public image.

Wayne

Date: January 8, 2009 17:25

Yes - you could be right about Deano.
He was of course part of the "Rat Pack" i.e Sinatra and his cronies. They were pretty heavily into boozing/womanising and gambling in th 50's and 60's.
I think one of them - maybe the guy who was married to a Kennedy was an alcoholic, but for the others their career was more important.
Their "real men" lifestyle seemed to be glamorised in the rather "straight" and austere post war period , perhaps because they had a certain lifestyle others could only dream of.
Yet in today's more liberal times it would be frowned upon - well by certain secions of the media.
The "Rat Pack" has I think become a stage show - so perhaps they are back in vogue!
By the way, I think it was Dean Martin who made some very bitchy comments about the Stones when they first hit the States in 1964. On his teelevision show, which was very popular at the time.
Probably did our boys no harm at all - ALO would have loved it.

Posted by: Greenblues ()
Date: January 8, 2009 17:36

As far as Dean Martin is concerned, I saw an interview on TV with singer/actress Daliah Lavi recently who met Martin in the mid-sixties, shooting "The Silencers" and she confirmed that she never saw him drunk on any occasion. So he must have put on quite an act...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-01-08 17:56 by Greenblues.

Posted by: Loudei ()
Date: January 8, 2009 17:57

Show business...

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: January 9, 2009 00:50

I think that he certainly is an alcoholic, one in denial; he drinks from early morning until he passes out, daily. The herion problem surely indicates an addictive personality, and I disagree with the person who said he does not have an addictive personality. This doesn't mean we love him any less, but it is a fact. He never really has to " party" anymore the buzz is constant. To wish that he'd change at this point is foolish. We just accept him as he is, however it has obviously taken it's toll. That is really a terrible waste, and a shame. Imagine if he had more energy, and felt like writing new music with Mick more than once every 3 years when they HAVE to do a new album, in order to honor their contract. Remember when they wrote non-stop, put out an album every 9 months to a year!? I do. I miss the good ole days.

Posted by: oldkr ()
Date: January 9, 2009 00:58

lets just say keith can turn it on the instant he gets out of the limo and turn it back off the instant the door is closed behind him. As for the jack, these days its usuallu ice tea, and why do you suppose he drinks his vodka with orange soda....

OLDKR

Posted by: Angus MacBagpipe ()
Date: January 9, 2009 07:36

Ket
Angus MacBagpipe

never heard of that, what is the source?

I remember reading that in news reports of Keith's stay in the high-end hospital in New Zealand, after the "fall off the perch". (Then again, can't believe everything you read!)

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: January 9, 2009 11:44

"I think that he certainly is an alcoholic, one in denial; he drinks from early morning until he passes out, daily."

Do you really believe that?

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: January 9, 2009 17:09

mickschix
I think that he certainly is an alcoholic, one in denial; he drinks from early morning until he passes out, daily.
Hey, did you do that Keith interview they offered you? Is that why you can claim "he drinks from early morning until he passes out, daily".???
I know people who spend time with Keith, and they tell a totally different story. If you haven't seen this in person, you ought not to write stuff like that!
So, how did he behave duing your interview?

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1328
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home