Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Promotional Radio LP
Posted by: johnnythunders ()
Date: January 12, 2009 14:56

I have just bought a copy of the 1969 Promotional Radio LP. I am pretty sure it is not an original but a re-release (which I am absolutely happy with). Can someone tell me how to distinguish between an original copy and subsequent re-releases ? My copy has Dark Blue London labels and is coded on the sleeve as RSD-1 Stereo. The label on Side 1 of the record carries the code ZAL 9241 and Side 2 is coded ZAL 9206-A. Sleeve and labels say Made In The USA. Also is there a consensus as to whether Love In Vain on this LP is different to the version on Let It Bleed? Thanks.

Re: Promotional Radio LP
Posted by: straycat58 ()
Date: January 12, 2009 15:21

I saw the counterfeit at a fair but didn't check it accurately.
I think you should first of all check the matrix numbers written in the off-groove (dead wax).
In the original is ZAL-9241-I and ZAL-9206-A (ZAL9241 is stamped at hour 6,40 if you position the label vertically, while ZAL9206 is stamped at 6,30). Pls check and let me know if you find them. You should also find a strange logo stamped at hr. 6,10 and 6,00 something like an elicoidal barred logo.

Posted by: straycat58 ()
Date: January 12, 2009 15:28

sorry, forget about how is positioned the matrix. I checked my other copy and the position is different. Anyway, the matrix is the important information.

Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: January 12, 2009 15:28

[www.stonesvikings.com]

This may be of some help to you, but the matrix as mention by Straycat above is the critical thing. From what I have heard, is that the German counterfeits have no matrix at all, and no writing on the spine of the cover, although I havent actually seen the German one..

JR

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: January 12, 2009 18:37

I have the counterfeit promo. Easily detected by:

1. As JR says, no printing on the spine
2. As Jr says, no matrixnumbers
3. Plain, white innersleeve.
4. What I call, thin, "80:s" vinyl, you know what I mean.

Here are som pics of the counterfeit one, sorry bout the quality:

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-01-12 19:13 by mickijaggeroo.

Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: January 12, 2009 19:09

Thanks, Vilhelm!

JR

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1527
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home