Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT free Springsteen cds in Spain
Posted by: adotulipson ()
Date: January 5, 2009 23:07

a friend of mine at work told me that he had heard of a Spanish publication giving away Springsteen's albums 1 a week for a considerable time, anybody else hear of this.

Re: OT free Springsteen cds in Spain
Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: January 5, 2009 23:38

Well they have already made a few tracks from the upcoming album available for free download at Amazon.Com. But I haven't heard of free giveaways of the entire album. Or any other albums. At least not in the U.S.

Posted by: nano ()
Date: January 5, 2009 23:50

Yes it was a month or six weeks a go.It was Born To Run , it was given with the EL MUNDO news paper, digipack with a book and many pictures. Each Sunday you get one cd, but for 9,95 euros.

Date: January 6, 2009 03:40

Sounds like old Bruce is getting desparate...next he'll have to pay people to listen to his songs.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: January 6, 2009 11:34

knockyourteethout
Sounds like old Bruce is getting desparate...next he'll have to pay people to listen to his songs.

Not even that would work in my case ... excuse me while I yawn.

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: January 6, 2009 12:23

Probably Bruce is not involved in it. In some European countries different legal regulations allow sometimes to omit paying royalties to the artists when it comes to records from 60 and 70. I remember a couple of years ago there were early Stones, Beatles, Deep Purple, Doors etc. CD's included to magazines and they were very cheap. Of course artists didn't get paid for it even a cent. Now the law is a bit more strict but perhaps in Spain this practice is still possible.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 6, 2009 14:40

knockyourteethout

Hmmm.. a 33 year old album thats sold about 15 million copies being included with a magazine for 10 euros

or doing what the Stones did - streaming your new album in full for the week before it's release in a vain attempt to get your potential concert attendees to listen to your new songs.

I know which sounds more 'desperate' to me.

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: January 6, 2009 15:11

Queen albums are released the same way in Poland. They are 6.25 EUR each. The first one was for around 2,5 EUR. A big booklet with photos and album stories is included in each one. These are legit releases, not pirated or released due to some copyright law loopholes.

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: January 6, 2009 15:32

We all saw that coming Gazza LOL

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 6, 2009 15:38

The Stones did something similar in Spain before, now I come to think of it.

Anyone remember the "Los Mejor de Rolling Stones" (apologies if I've got the title grammatically incorrect) video that came out to commemorate the Spanish shows in 1990?

Very nice release - contained a few new interviews, old songs (from LSTNT, I think) and some footage from the Madrid 1990 shows.

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: January 6, 2009 16:19

The Stones also did it in Mexico with non other than Coca Cola...Two CDs in a Best of kinda way that you could fine in the Mexican equivalent of 7-11.

Posted by: llargueras ()
Date: January 6, 2009 18:31

Not FREE at all, only first cd on the first sunday, after the price is 9.95€. They did it also with Queen, several months ago, and also with pc games, plastic fridge boxes,...Sport newspapers the same but with Barça, Real, Espanyol stuff, jakets, bags, mugs,.... I understand it's a good way to clean stocks

Posted by: zeb ()
Date: January 6, 2009 19:41

knockyourteethout, I agree. haha!

Posted by: stonesmusicfan ()
Date: January 7, 2009 14:36

He crossed the Rubicon, with me, and his current Politics with Music tour.
I will hold my nose and listen to BORN TO RUN.

But otherwise, this is just a marketing ploy, because in the end, he is a businessman, first, it seems.

Oh well, I can still listen and look at the earlier stuff, and Dream.

Posted by: goingmad ()
Date: January 7, 2009 15:02

In Spain you can buy a lot of Springsteen cd's for 10 €, but with the newspaper you get a book with every record, with interviews, lyrics, pics, articles, it's great!!

[www.elmundo.es]

Posted by: adotulipson ()
Date: January 7, 2009 22:59

Thanks for the link goingmad, looks like a decent presentation

Posted by: carlitosbaez ()
Date: January 8, 2009 15:15

The collection is really great, booklet, cd´s and great price as well.

Carlitos
tenerife

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1587
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home