Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Saitama 2006 -- Better Than Anything On FF or TBB
Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: January 4, 2009 02:05

To me, this show is the best of the Stones in the 21st century. Las Vegas? You're fookin' kiddin' me. This extended family still delivers the best rock n' roll show in the world.

If you haven't seen it, I strongly urge you to download it. It's a cryin' shame that this hasn't been released, in its entirety, on DVD. A brief bit is shown on the "Biggest Bang" set.

Re: Saitama 2006 -- Better Than Anything On FF or TBB
Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: January 4, 2009 02:12

It is a strong set. I've only listened to the audio, but I agree it is a stellar performance. I'd like to see the concert video sometime. A surprise highlight here for me is Keith's "This Place Is Empty". Great version, better than the one on the Biggest Bang dvd.

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: January 4, 2009 02:53

The stones were really good also at the performance that I attended in Japan just before Saitama. It was the greatest stones show I ever saw that spring in Japan. Doubtlessly they have been better in the past but to me it was perfect.

Posted by: Shezeboss ()
Date: January 4, 2009 02:53

Many show were as good as that one, but not always on dvd...

Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: January 4, 2009 03:38

You can find the video here: [www.iorr.org]

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: January 4, 2009 05:51

Yes,I also have the audio not video. Very good show...Best show in 21st century...Maybe

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: January 4, 2009 06:11

Weird maybe...but my favorite shot is during the opening riff of Rambler when the camera focuses on both Mick and Keith's feet both tapping in time to Charlie's irresistible groove.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: January 4, 2009 09:15

Saitama is awesome, but I've there were times on the ABB Tour were they kicked major r 'n r ass. Namely Glasgow 2006, Horsens 2006... etc.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Steven ()
Date: January 4, 2009 13:59

Clearly the best of what's available on DVD including the Beacon.

I wish there were proshots of Atlantic City or Radio City available. What becomes of the video screen feeds? I do hope they are saved in a vault somewhere.

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: January 4, 2009 13:59

I agree. The best Stones show-film.

Posted by: RollingStonesFan ()
Date: January 4, 2009 14:03

Also for me the best live-document of RS in the post 2002 era. The cutting of Werchter 2007 (intro, Start Me Up and I'll Go Crazy) is probably the most awesome video of the Stones ever but what a pity that this is all yoz can get from that show.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-01-04 19:31 by RollingStonesFan.

Posted by: electricmud ()
Date: January 4, 2009 14:13

Totally agree, one of the best filmed concerts ever. great versions of nearly every song and the camera-work: nearly perfect, so many great moments always the right focus: Keith, jumping with so much power playing JJF, Ronnies solo in Tumbling Dice (You can actually see how his B-bender works); Darryl so deep concentrated in beautiful Wild horses, the unbeleavable energy in Midnight rambler, Keiths Pirate-Guitar in Sway...So many scenes , when you take pictures, could hang them on the wall as posters. To me better then SAL.

Posted by: Tumblin_Dice_07 ()
Date: January 4, 2009 20:46

I haven't seen all of the video for this show (just clips on youtube), but I do have the complete audio and it is one of my favorite modern era shows. They do an awesome "Rambler" and the performance is, to me, more reminiscent of the old days, before the click tracks, because there seems to be more push and pull in the tempo of the songs. They're not just on auto-pilot. They go from extremely tight in "Rambler", to the wheels nearly falling off in "Honky Tonk Women". But it makes it exciting to listen to, just like many of their shows from the '69-'82 era.

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: January 4, 2009 20:56

superior to SAL, by a country mile.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1788
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home