Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Shattered SNL ( VIDEO )
Posted by: schillid ()
Date: January 3, 2009 06:57

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-01-03 20:56 by schillid.

Re: SHATTERED snl
Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: January 3, 2009 07:43

YES!!!

Date: January 3, 2009 07:58

who is that on keyboard?

Date: January 3, 2009 08:14

looks like Mac to me.

Posted by: olorin ()
Date: January 3, 2009 14:24

Don't like guitars' sound.

Sorry for my english ; I'm a french little boy (but I like it)

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: January 3, 2009 15:39

Mick completely ruined that shirt !

Great clip .

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: January 3, 2009 17:07

What's with the sleeve thing on Mick? What a dork!

Hilarious performance.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: January 3, 2009 17:13

excellent!!!!!!, compare that great performance to the vegas bullocks we get now, its like it isnt even the same band

Date: January 3, 2009 19:07

I like the face he makes after the song is over. Its like he's saying "what'd you think of THAT? Pretty good huh?"

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: January 3, 2009 19:11

Ian McClagan on keyboards, isn't it?

the lighting for this SUCKED - network TV?

Date: January 3, 2009 19:19

Me thinks so too, hbwriter. Someone else said Mac above.

Re: lighting... I think this may be footage of the Stones' rehearsal... not the broadcast. Someone can check me about that

Date: January 3, 2009 19:20

that's the rehearsal, yes--and I have an (I think) interesting tale about the day AFTER this show--a weird firsthand experience

Date: January 3, 2009 19:22

It's not the rehearsal, it's the broadcast.

Date: January 3, 2009 19:28

oh, right--i thought you were linking to the rehearsal footage, which always pops up here (and is better, i think, because it's before jagger blows his voice out)

of course this is broadcast--song 3/3--the only band i believe to ever play three straight in one snl set

Posted by: NorthShoreBlues2 ()
Date: January 3, 2009 19:34

Well which is it?
the actual broadcast or the rehearsal
Any other links to video for any others songs they did on SLN?

Date: January 3, 2009 20:45

I don't know for sure if this is rehearsal or as-broadcast... someone else can say for certain

I think it's the rehearsal. Before Jagger's voice was gone that night...

Posted by: NorthShoreBlues2 ()
Date: January 3, 2009 20:52

hbwriter
oh, right--i thought you were linking to the rehearsal footage, which always pops up here (and is better, i think, because it's before jagger blows his voice out)

of course this is broadcast--song 3/3--the only band i believe to ever play three straight in one snl set

i think your right about 3 straight, perhaps other bands have done 3 songs on SNL, I know Pearl Jam did 3 songs in 1994, but not 3 in a row, wonder what other bands have done 3 songs

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: January 3, 2009 21:02

melillo
excellent!!!!!!, compare that great performance to the vegas bullocks we get now, its like it isnt even the same band

I think the fact that they were thirty years younger then has a bit to do with that.

Date: January 3, 2009 21:12

hbwriter
I have an (I think) interesting tale about the day AFTER this show--a weird firsthand experience

Lemme guess...
You rescued ANOTHER hooker on the West Side?

Re: Shattered SNL ( VIDEO )
Date: January 3, 2009 21:18

schillid--i wish--no, i may have mentioned the scenario here before--very odd--involves the keith richards house up in westchester by where we lived -- we figured he'd be there later the next day for sure after the show--(we being a couple of high school pals) so since my younger sister was selling candy for her school, we chose that day to approach the house to make a sale

Date: January 3, 2009 21:22

.... ?

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: January 3, 2009 21:22

hbwriter
we chose that day to approach the house to make a sale

.....and?

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: January 3, 2009 21:40

Its the b'cast-Micks dressed like a prep in the rehearsal.I read his voice was blown cause they spent all night doing coke at Belushi's house! I love the show and know they were promoting Some Girls but I was surprised(watchin it when it first aired) that they didnt do JJF or BS or something better known. By the way you can d/l the entire show perf and complete rehearsal from Urbansteel-Some Girls Special cd.

Date: January 3, 2009 21:43

hey, i'm out the door to enjoy this beautiful california day with my daughter--will be back later and will tell the story-- smiling smiley

Date: January 3, 2009 23:40

the lighting is unusual for a TV broadcast but I like it. I think it was pretty much the same kind of lighting at the Indoor shows at the time. On the Hampton DVD for instance on a lot of the songs the stage isn't lit up very brightly, theres just this reddish glow. I think its cool and makes them look mysterious.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-01-03 23:41 by ryanpow.

Date: January 4, 2009 00:22

Edith Grove
melillo

I think the fact that they were thirty years younger then has a bit to do with that.

sure it does but there is no sign of that raunchy attitude anymore what so ever, and plus 30 years later does not mean they have to turn into tom jones either

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-01-04 00:24 by melillo.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: January 4, 2009 01:11

Definitely the broadcast. Mick is all dressed up and doing his schtick. He wouldn't waste all that on a rehearsal.

Also, why would there be a full audience at a rehearsal?

Date: January 4, 2009 01:20

justin--that's the show, you're right--but i used to go to snl all the time for work in the 80s--the bets bits were the full dress rehearsals--also looser, more fun

Date: January 4, 2009 02:55

without a doubt thats the broadcast from the show, i remember watching this live on tv when it happened plus i have the jointrip version of it, the rehearsals are much different and mick got his haircut for the broadcast, check the rehearsal footage, micks hair is longer there, dont know why he got a haircut but he did thats for sure

Posted by: thumbprint ()
Date: January 4, 2009 06:12

Always loved that SNL episode, just bought that one episode from iTunes for $1.99 with an itunes gift card I got for Christmas. Anyway, I read that at the time, maybe because of Mick's voice, some people thought that the Stones kinda blew it, and when SNL rebroadcast that episode later that season they replaced the Stones set with the rehearsals. So, there are some valid questions as to what is the live broadcast performance and what is rehearsal footage. I don't know the answer, but I have read that story in some Stones book. Anyone else? Previous posts mention full dress rehearsals and rehearsals with Jagger in preppy clothes. I have heard rehearsal performance that is different than what a dress rehearsal would have been.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2039
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home