Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Beggar's Banquet Poster
Posted by: Keith's Liver84 ()
Date: December 30, 2008 21:39

Does anyone know of where I can buy a poster of this Album Cover (the bathroom scene)? I have searched high and low, but have not yet found it anywhere. Any help is truly appreciated.

Re: Beggar's Banquet Poster
Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: December 30, 2008 22:12

I have a spare of the one from the Mobile fidelity box set. Original Slicks cost Thousands. The Promo poster, is different from the album cover. its the shot of them in Medieval Garb....see below. Let me know if you are interested, as you can email me privately...

US Slick

UK Slick:

UK Promo Poster:

JR

Posted by: Keith's Liver84 ()
Date: December 30, 2008 22:34

Thanks. I will send you an email. I appreciate you responding.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: December 31, 2008 00:26

Are you planning to redecorate your bathroom?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-01-05 03:22 by NICOS.

Posted by: peter ()
Date: December 31, 2008 08:39

hello 'stone-relics' !....original slix selling for $$$$ ?...I hope you are correct...I own a copy since 1974 and would be more than willing to part with it for what you suggest : ) peter

Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: December 31, 2008 22:06

Peter,
Do you have a US or UK? Send a photo if you have one. Condition?

JR

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: January 1, 2009 02:12

I've always wondered about those bathroom photos. I guess the photo on the front is the bathroom as it was originally (discovered by someone in LA? who?); then it was painted/graffitied over for the back cover photo? Is that right?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 1, 2009 03:50

ROCKMAN

Posted by: peter ()
Date: January 2, 2009 10:38

hello 'stone relics'...back in the late 60's/early 70's, there was a great poster store in North Beach, SF...can't remember the name of the old guy who owned the store ( timbardis ) knows his name...in 73 or 74, I visited his store looking for 'anything' Stones...he went to the back room & pulled out a bunch of stuff to show me...the item that caught my attention was the 'original' UK version of BB that was replaced here at the last minute...it is a flat, no folds, cover of the bathroom shot...he told me it was the original flat/slick...20 years ago I had it shrink wrapped..it is MINT condition...I have no reason to doubt it is anything but the real deal...I don't know how to send a pic but if you're interested, email me personally...we can discuss.. pstupar@aol peter

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: January 5, 2009 03:16

Rockman

Aah! It was a toilet in a garage.

That explains the Champion spark plugs sticker on the toilet lid. I've always wondered about that. grinning smiley
Most mechanics I know hate Champion plugs. Fitting place for the sticker..

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 836
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home