Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Does anyone on this board have any direct connection to the Stones?
Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: January 3, 2009 02:21

I went to camp with the Trudeau kids and got to meet their mom.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: January 3, 2009 02:29

Mick, Keith, Brian and some guy named Mr. Jimmy used to live at my place around 1962-63.

Date: January 3, 2009 03:31

The Rolling Stones are a business - and no one on the inside has the right to say anything to the public. That's just good common business sense. The two CEOs, Mick & Keith) do the talking, the spinning, and the hype. But yes, I too am sure that this site is trolled regularly by people in the Stones' camp. It's another marketing tool, kind of a research platform for them.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: January 3, 2009 03:36

bv
The closer the connection is the less you will here about it. Due to natural reasons.

I think BV got point here, if you know one of the guys very well you don't talk about Stones related things they get borred but I alway's have the feelimg that BV has his contacs/information from one of THEM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-01-03 04:03 by NICOS.

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: January 3, 2009 03:56

Well said BV.

Posted by: oldkr ()
Date: January 3, 2009 04:10

those who dont know, talk. those who dont talk, know.

OLDKR

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: January 3, 2009 04:13

CBII obviously has a good connection with the band!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 3, 2009 12:16

oldkr
those who dont know, talk. those who dont talk, know.

OLDKR

Confucius?

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: January 3, 2009 13:40

I buy their albums/CDs and go to their shows ... does that count ??

Posted by: the juf ()
Date: January 3, 2009 13:41

no, that is not Confucius, but GB Shaw:

those who can, do.
those who can't , teach.

well said....

[www.paulinestroosnijder.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-01-03 13:43 by the juf.

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: January 3, 2009 14:07

bv
The closer the connection is the less you will here about it. Due to natural reasons.

Exactly.

Date: January 3, 2009 14:25

My wife once saw Kieth and Charlie in a limo together at the top of Whitehall in London. Is that direct enough?

Posted by: charlie-flower ()
Date: January 3, 2009 15:20

I have no connection, but I tell you a true story that happen to me in 1988. Me and my friends was at a hotel in stockholm, sweden wait for ronnie wood to shown up (he was here to shown his paintings) after awhile he was coming with Jo and some friends. He saw me as I stand in the bar with a beer and I have iorr´s t-shirt from 1984 with rons drawing of keith on me. He was pointed at me shouting its my drawing, its my drawing, came in front of me and give me a big huge! He was not sober! Then we talked a little and I ask him if stones gonna do some tour. He stared at me and ask if I was a journalist! I told him: no I´m only a hard stonesfan from the sixties. Then he whispered in my ear that he gonna meet jagger about a few days in London to discuess a new tour, but please not tell anyone! About a few weeks later you could read in the newspaper that stones gonna do a new tour! (89). Then he sat down for a dinner. When his wife Jo was going to the ladyroom a friend of mine going to ron´s table and give him a note of a adress where he can join in for a jamsession with famous swedish rock and bluesstars at a boat that evening in Stockholm. He shine up like a little baby on christmas eve and say:thank you. After awhile Jo came back to the table look at the note and throw it away! Sorry for us, no wood shown up at the boat! But I saw him in a little club later that year in Stockholm playing with a swedish bluesman Totta Näslund. Its was great, Jo was also there of course. A memory for life!

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: January 3, 2009 15:22

Great story charlie-flower!

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: January 3, 2009 15:39

Good points by bv and oldkr

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: January 3, 2009 15:46

the juf
those who can, do.
those who can't, teach.

Thanks juf, that explains a lot to me smoking smiley

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: January 3, 2009 21:45

c-flower wrote:

(Ronnie) came in front of me and give me a big huge!

This is kinda scary! drinking smiley

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: January 3, 2009 22:07

Line of the day, Elmo!

Posted by: Barn Owl ()
Date: January 3, 2009 22:14

the juf
no, that is not Confucius, but GB Shaw:

those who can, do.
those who can't , teach.

well said....

...and those who can't teach, teach teachers.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 4, 2009 23:44

Peter is gonna kick my ass..I can't even spell his name.It't Peter Walrecht smiling smiley

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: January 4, 2009 23:53

My next door neighbor's brother-in-law's half-sister's second cousin twice removed used to date one of the original Rolling Stones's (I'm not saying which one! So don't ask) roadie's cleaning lady & drug supplier (husband and wife team... you probably can guess who I mean)

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: January 5, 2009 14:59

Colleagues at my work place were in London, November 2007 being presented with a Best Employer of the year Award (Social Care) at a swanky London venue.
Jimmy White (UK Snooker player) was in the hotel bar (where else?) with one Ronnie Wood. Whilst his mate was engaged for a while on a (mobile) phone call, Jimmy signed some autographs and posed for a number of photographs.
So in our Awards cabinet at work we have Jimmy surrounded by admiring females -no change there.
Jimmy and Ronnie seemed very relaxed and friendly.

Posted by: JasonLee ()
Date: January 18, 2009 18:53

I came across a great tribute band called "The Rolling Clones" I listened to about twenty song samples on CD baby.com ...anyway I was very surprised that Charlie Watts, mastered the album title "remakes and outfakes" which even includes a studio version of "@#$%& Blues" it seems these days that many rock stars are helping tribute bands. I think these guys are based in Los Angeles, California. My point is that it impressed me enough that I downloaded many of the tracks.

Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: January 18, 2009 22:28

You can rely on anything I tell you about Chuck Leavell.

Posted by: wineaux ()
Date: January 18, 2009 22:57

Those who have 'connections' have been entrusted by those within the organization to keep any information, no matter what it may be, to themselves. It's all about keeping the trust within a friendship... if any information leaks, the trust is gone & so is the friendship. A friendship is much more important to me than passing along any bit of information that one may have learned along the road.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 18, 2009 23:02

I came across a great tribute band called "The Rolling Clones" I listened to about twenty song samples on CD baby.com ...anyway I was very surprised that Charlie Watts, mastered the album title "remakes and outfakes" which even includes a studio version of "@#$%& Blues" it seems these days that many rock stars are helping tribute bands. I think these guys are based in Los Angeles, California. My point is that it impressed me enough that I downloaded many of the tracks.

There is an American recording engineer named Charlie Watts who was at
one time associated with Mondophonics outta Glendale California Have noticed
his work on Etta James - Blue Gardenia ..Bellrays - Meet The Bellrays & some Blues comps that I can't remember

ROCKMAN

Posted by: holycrap ()
Date: January 19, 2009 06:55

I know a pickup drummer that played with Chuck Berry about 10 years ago when he came to town, and Keith is a big Berry fan. Uhh does that count?

Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: January 19, 2009 12:36

I once new a man who's uncle had a friend who walked his dog in a park with the same name as a park in America where a girl was walking her dog who had a goldfish with the same name as Bills aunties budgie. does that count?

Date: January 19, 2009 22:29

lol, this is one of the most amusing threads in a LONG time!

Just checking in to see if anything *new* is written about...but looks the same 'ol same 'ol overall... *sigh* eye rolling smiley

bv and oldkr might have direct connections to the Stones? Their cryptic posts on this thread indicate the possibility...

My direct connection to the stones is via FTP spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Rock on!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: January 20, 2009 02:44

"When his wife Jo was going to the ladyroom a friend of mine going to ron´s table and give him a note of a adress where he can join in for a jamsession with famous swedish rock and bluesstars at a boat that evening in Stockholm. He shine up like a little baby on christmas eve and say:thank you. After awhile Jo came back to the table look at the note and throw it away!"

Well looks like Jo's never gonna throw a note away again (just a hunch...)

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2059
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home