Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6
Re: If it is the last tour, what should the stones do for their fans
Posted by: Filip020169 ()
Date: March 17, 2009 12:39

... Just the one thing: they should play their newest stuff (especially ABB, and fair parts of VL again) live; fínally...
At least that would make up for these warhorses (that'll never be ditched...)

They DID make "a decent record to tour with", right before (almost) every tour the last one-and-a-half decade (apart from the 'folow-up' tours like "No Security", and the 'jubilee' tour "Licks" ). I know opinions are devided on that, but I strongly believe (f.i.) their ABB album is (a) grossly underestimated in general (even by most of us), and (b) undervalued even by the band, because of not playing these songs LIVE. No (classic) Stones album nor -song has EVER fully come to life without the necessary 'nurturing' on stage...

Apart from this, I'd like a fair ticketing system (without that money-grabbing 'Fan Club' BS), and as much arena- & clubshows as fysically & economically possible...

And finally, Brothers & Sisters: I DO like dr. Dré's remix of "Miss You".
It's a G-funk tribute to both the song & Jagger; which is cool, imho.

Posted by: princerupert ()
Date: March 17, 2009 12:43

1)Give us the chance to choose 75 different songs we want to hear. Only play from this list.

2)Practice these Goddamn songs.

3)Ticketprices are 50 euro

4)leave the ticketsales to the fans in each country.
Hey, the real fans all know eachother. We can even save some for our friends from abroad.So 1000-2000 capacity clubs will do.

5)Promise this will be the last tour so we can go on with our lives.

6)Open the vaults for endless stream of cd's and dvd's (e.g. the ultimate stonesstory on 50 part DVD box)

Thanx
Prince Rupert

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-03-17 12:44 by princerupert.

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: March 17, 2009 18:42

the first thousands a meet and greet....

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: March 17, 2009 18:46

cbtaco19
Fell asleep while reading this thread and had a nightmare. Here is a view from Stones Hell:

1) A New Album: Dance Warhorse Dance!:

Mick Jagger finally opens the vaults and allows todays hottest European and NYC DJ's to remix the bands greatest hits utilizing the original multi-track master tapes.

2) In a rare personal record review (actually he dictated it to an intern) Rolling Stone Editor and Publisher Jann Wenner breaks with tradition and awards Dance Warhorse Dance! six stars. Wenner calls the record "...their best since Exile On Main Street".

3) A New New Album: Three months after the release of Dance Warhorse Dance! the Stones re-release it loaded with bonus audio tracks on a companion DVD including:

1. An All New Rolling Stones Song: Actually a heretofore unknown power ballad left over from the Primitive Cool sessions. Keith adds his famous Fairy Dust to the track in a 12 minute studio session at NY's famed Record Plant. Jeff Beck sues for royalties.

2. Dr. Dre remixes his historic remix of Miss You. Eminem adds his own misogynist rap twist to the Puerto Rican Girls section.

3. Fatboy Slim remixes his Sympathy For The Devil remix.

4. Fatboy Slim remixes his Sympathy For The Devil (radio edit) remix.

5. A video of the power ballad Executive Produced by Martin Scorcese but actually outsourced to the cartoonists who did the Gorillaz videos

6. DVD Audio commentary by Martin Scorcese and Jann Wenner. They both agree it is the best Stones song since Exile On Main Street.

7. Fans who shell out extra for the deluxe Memory Stick version of the Dance Warhorse Dance! re-release are treated to a link where they can download a Keith Richards acoustic solo EP called The Great Hoagy Carmichael Songbook

4) Bill Wyman does not join the worldwide stadium tour. However, the C.SCOPE Bill Wyman Signature Metal Detector wins exclusive sponsorship rights.

5) Despite a multi-million dollar offer from the Rolling Stones, Mick Taylor is unable to join the tour because he has just signed an iron-clad contract for a solo tour of Scandinavian bars for which he is paid in beer money. The Rolling Stones legal team sues Taylor for royalties over his cover of No Expectations at his live shows. The two parties settle out of court for a case of Tuborg Gold.

6) Forbes Magazine names Mick Jagger Financial Wizard of the year. Jagger is depicted in a front cover illustration spinning gold out of straw.

Greatest post of 2009 so far!

Posted by: Brumstone ()
Date: March 17, 2009 19:14

Let the fans vote for the setlist. It's something that Bowie did for his last tour and it worked. Whilst you can't please all off the people all of the time you can certainly play what the fans want to hear.

With a smile on your face and a tear right in your eye

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: March 17, 2009 19:33

Brumstone
Let the fans vote for the setlist. It's something that Bowie did for his last tour and it worked. Whilst you can't please all off the people all of the time you can certainly play what the fans want to hear.

Please don't let fans vote, if that happens you will get 15 warhorses and 3 songs off the new album.

Let the members of the fan clubs have a say. They are more in touch with the band than listeners of classic radio thump songs.

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: March 17, 2009 19:41

Put Bill W.and Mick T. on stage for a couple of songs.....and play for the first time live 'Highwire'!

Posted by: JK ()
Date: March 17, 2009 23:52

Avoid laryngitis and palmtrees

Posted by: Sici ()
Date: March 18, 2009 00:05

My dream is more theatre gigs,
open for only the fans local + IORR fans in Europe and Rock Off fans in America
Example:
Milan Theater " La Scala" for italian fans from Rollingstonesitalia.com,2120 and HTC+ some IORR Members
Amsterdam Theater "Paradiso" for Netherlands mailng list+IORR members
Fantastic!
Sici

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-03-18 00:08 by Sici.

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: March 18, 2009 00:32

After every show the band should line up by one exit door and let EVERY SINGLE PERSON wak past them, snap a photo with their cell phone and have the band thank them verbally. They do not have to shake hands or sign autographs, just a Thank you receiving line. This could take 5 hours..who cares.

Date: March 18, 2009 01:44

Don't wait until September to start a US tour. Give us a summer tour again and start it in May or June.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: March 18, 2009 03:43

Avoid fan club people - they get suckered into the bullshit that is with the "fan club".

Listen to the fans.

Date: March 18, 2009 04:44

skipstone
Avoid fan club people - they get suckered into the bullshit that is with the "fan club".

Listen to the fans.

What does that make us all here a bunch of idiots?

I'm perfectly capable of speaking for myself. I don't like something, I say it. I think that goes for most of the people on this site including yourself.

Would I put the fate of a setlist into the hands of a casual fan? F*uck that. The setlists of the last few tours have been geared towards their satisfaction, not the hardcore fan.

What do you think we have all been discussing for years over here about day after day? If anyone has any say it should start right here first.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: March 18, 2009 04:54

Maybe Mick feels that the hardcore fans, will attend the shows anyway and we are not the ones who fill up most of the stadiums. I guess the setlists are geared to the average fan who attends the show because we will complain, but go anyway. If word got out that Satisfaction, JJF, SMU, Brown Sugar, HTW & TD weren't played, then they might have trouble filling smaller venues at the prices they charge. Mick once made a comment about that regarding when they played theaters on the licks tour...and no, I am not defending the Stones, just wondering how they really see it.

Date: March 18, 2009 05:26

Bluz,

I recall hearing that as well. It makes perfect sense to me. Let's be honest the Stones have to play at 6 to 8 warhorses because that is who they are. I don't have a problem with that. It's the other 12 or so songs that cut into the hardcore fans desires.

They rehearse and play the same tired gravy numbers that require one take to get down and just milk it for years. They worked their entire life building that vast catalog of music and ignore it because they are lazy and don't want to take the time to rehearse and refine.

Maybe its time they got help and hired the equivalant of a wedding planner and brought in a setlist planner.

Posted by: J8ste ()
Date: March 18, 2009 05:28

cbtaco19
Fell asleep while reading this thread and had a nightmare. Here is a view from Stones Hell:

1) A New Album: Dance Warhorse Dance!:

Mick Jagger finally opens the vaults and allows todays hottest European and NYC DJ's to remix the bands greatest hits utilizing the original multi-track master tapes.

2) In a rare personal record review (actually he dictated it to an intern) Rolling Stone Editor and Publisher Jann Wenner breaks with tradition and awards Dance Warhorse Dance! six stars. Wenner calls the record "...their best since Exile On Main Street".

3) A New New Album: Three months after the release of Dance Warhorse Dance! the Stones re-release it loaded with bonus audio tracks on a companion DVD including:

1. An All New Rolling Stones Song: Actually a heretofore unknown power ballad left over from the Primitive Cool sessions. Keith adds his famous Fairy Dust to the track in a 12 minute studio session at NY's famed Record Plant. Jeff Beck sues for royalties.

2. Dr. Dre remixes his historic remix of Miss You. Eminem adds his own misogynist rap twist to the Puerto Rican Girls section.

3. Fatboy Slim remixes his Sympathy For The Devil remix.

4. Fatboy Slim remixes his Sympathy For The Devil (radio edit) remix.

5. A video of the power ballad Executive Produced by Martin Scorcese but actually outsourced to the cartoonists who did the Gorillaz videos

6. DVD Audio commentary by Martin Scorcese and Jann Wenner. They both agree it is the best Stones song since Exile On Main Street.

7. Fans who shell out extra for the deluxe Memory Stick version of the Dance Warhorse Dance! re-release are treated to a link where they can download a Keith Richards acoustic solo EP called The Great Hoagy Carmichael Songbook

4) Bill Wyman does not join the worldwide stadium tour. However, the C.SCOPE Bill Wyman Signature Metal Detector wins exclusive sponsorship rights.

5) Despite a multi-million dollar offer from the Rolling Stones, Mick Taylor is unable to join the tour because he has just signed an iron-clad contract for a solo tour of Scandinavian bars for which he is paid in beer money. The Rolling Stones legal team sues Taylor for royalties over his cover of No Expectations at his live shows. The two parties settle out of court for a case of Tuborg Gold.

6) Forbes Magazine names Mick Jagger Financial Wizard of the year. Jagger is depicted in a front cover illustration spinning gold out of straw.

Sounds revolting the only things that could make it worse is if Mick announced he was gay, Keith got fired and than replaced by Prince, and Charlie is replaced by Meg White as he has sadly passed on from a loss in his fight against cancer.

Oh and Andrew Loog Oldham gains rights to their post ABKCO material. That makes it completely revolting.

Posted by: Matt ()
Date: March 18, 2009 10:53

What I would like will not and can not happen. I'm sure they want to reach as many fans as possible on a final tour, so I guess there will only be stadium
concerts. What I would like is a scaled down concert in a small concert hall. No additional musicians, maybe a piano though, and no hysterical effects, no extreme lighting which I think is often is very disturbing. The show must not be too long even though I could listen to them for hours, but I rather have a tight and good show that lasts 1-1 1/2 hours than 2-2 1/2 hours filled with nothing between the songs. I also want them to go back to their roots with more blues oriented music. If Bill and Mick T would join it would be the icing of the cake.
Mats

Posted by: GNAT ()
Date: March 18, 2009 11:17

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: March 18, 2009 14:20

Matt
What I would like will not and can not happen. I'm sure they want to reach as many fans as possible on a final tour, so I guess there will only be stadium
concerts. What I would like is a scaled down concert in a small concert hall. No additional musicians, maybe a piano though, and no hysterical effects, no extreme lighting which I think is often is very disturbing. The show must not be too long even though I could listen to them for hours, but I rather have a tight and good show that lasts 1-1 1/2 hours than 2-2 1/2 hours filled with nothing between the songs. I also want them to go back to their roots with more blues oriented music. If Bill and Mick T would join it would be the icing of the cake.
Mats

<<< I'm sure they want to reach as many fans as possible on a final tour, so I guess there will only be stadium concerts. >>>

What a depressing prospect, another round of ABB shows !! But I suspect you're right, if they step out again with the knowlege that it's likely to be the "last time", then it's quite probable they'll do it with the intention of "reaching" as many people as possible. How exasperating. Wouldn't it be nice to think that they could happily rest on their laurels in the knowledge that the ABB jaunt was about as big and successful as ever anyone could wish for, leave it at that, and do that "scale down" that you, I, and hordes of others would so dearly love to see.

Date: March 18, 2009 14:30

Take a couple hours of their precious time and come on to IORR for chat with members. Include web cams too.

Show some loyalty and give a little back to the knowledgeable, passionate fans here.

Posted by: Tseverin ()
Date: March 18, 2009 14:59

Shower the audience with money (large denomination notes)

Date: March 18, 2009 16:07

Hey Sicilian, you have a sense of humour at all? Doesn't look like it.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: March 18, 2009 16:08

Coming from Skipstone??

Date: March 18, 2009 16:16

Ha haaaa. I don't charge for cynicism but I do for sarcasm.

Posted by: lunar!!! ()
Date: March 19, 2009 02:37

The Sicilian
Bluz,

I recall hearing that as well. It makes perfect sense to me. Let's be honest the Stones have to play at 6 to 8 warhorses because that is who they are. I don't have a problem with that. It's the other 12 or so songs that cut into the hardcore fans desires.

They rehearse and play the same tired gravy numbers that require one take to get down and just milk it for years. They worked their entire life building that vast catalog of music and ignore it because they are lazy and don't want to take the time to rehearse and refine.

Maybe its time they got help and hired the equivalant of a wedding planner and brought in a setlist planner.
they have one ---his name is chuck leavell...

Date: March 19, 2009 02:38

The Sicilian
skipstone

Listen to the fans.

What does that make us all here a bunch of idiots?

I'm perfectly capable of speaking for myself. I don't like something, I say it. I think that goes for most of the people on this site including yourself.

Would I put the fate of a setlist into the hands of a casual fan? F*uck that. The setlists of the last few tours have been geared towards their satisfaction, not the hardcore fan.

What do you think we have all been discussing for years over here about day after day? If anyone has any say it should start right here first.
THIS is the greatest post of 2009!!!---RIGHT ON SICILIAN!!!

Date: March 19, 2009 02:41

Matt
Mats
HOLY MACKEREL!!!----when you dream...you dream BIG!!! sure would be nice if they listened to you but...hmmmm...probably not...but what the hell--dreaming is free!!

Date: March 19, 2009 02:43

The Sicilian
Take a couple hours of their precious time and come on to IORR for chat with members. Include web cams too.

Show some loyalty and give a little back to the knowledgeable, passionate fans here.
...as the Duke said in 1956 film 'the searchers'...."that'll be the day"....

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2471
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home